4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Okay...

Why the sudden addition of the 'rape' tag? Did I miss something?

I mean, of course I remember the Charlotte situation perfectly. And, maybe I'm wrong and I don't remember some things accurately, but.... I'm pretty sure there is no explicit rape in the game. Only flashbacks that don't show anything explicit and some talk about it. Again I repeat, I seem to remember that being the case. Please, if I'm wrong someone correct me.

So, if I'm not mistaken, I think the 'rape' tag is not appropriate when used as background and there is no explicit rape. At most I think there is sexual harassment. The blackmail and sexual harassment tag are well placed because explicitly there is. But rape... I don't think so.

Am I right or am I remembering very very wrong? lol

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Okay...

I mean, of course I remember the Charlotte situation perfectly. And, maybe I'm wrong and I don't remember some things accurately, but.... I'm pretty sure there is no explicit rape in the game. Only flashbacks that don't show anything explicit and some talk about it. Again I repeat, I seem to remember that being the case. Please, if I'm wrong someone correct me.

So, if I'm not mistaken, I think the 'rape' tag is not appropriate when used as background and there is no explicit rape. At most I think there is sexual harassment. The blackmail and sexual harassment tag are well placed because explicitly there is. But rape... I don't think so.

It could because of the fact that it was close to rape and that is why the tag was added, but then it might not be Charlotte either, as we don't know Emma the girl who died, her story. Maybe something happened to her.

Reactions: 6pak2go

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
Okay...

In one of Charlotte's flashbacks, while under the influence of drugs she was forced to put a penis in her mouth. For me and some others here this is already rape, probably thats the reason for the tag.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You know, despite Emma promising to MC that she'd not let Charlotte know about him taking her to Steve's bar, I think I wouldn't be able to help laughing if she ends up actually taking Charlie to the bar in order to get the free fizzie drinks for life :ROFLMAO:
I would totally do it. And Emma too.

I mean Emma would do it too, not that I would do Emma.

What? why are you looking me like that?

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
In one of Charlotte's flashbacks, while under the influence of drugs she was forced to put a penis in her mouth. For me and some others here this is already one of the first stages of an attempted rape, probably thats the reason for the tag.
And plus every story you hear is from Lucy's perspective, so there might be details of each event that Charlotte kept from her as well, as Lucy doesn't know the whole story of the attack.

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
As I discussed this with old dog my theory was the attack was over Emma's death, the guy was pursuing Charlotte, and Charlotte probably came back with something like "What and end up like Emma." And the guy lost it and beat her. One theory i came up with anyway.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
In one of Charlotte's flashbacks, while under the influence of drugs she was forced to put a penis in her mouth. For me and some others here this is already one of the first stages of an attempted rape, probably thats the reason for the tag.
I see, that explains it. I honestly didn't remember.

In any case, it wouldn't be attempted rape. It would be full-blown rape. Attempted would be if she was only drugged or about to be raped. As soon as there is a sexual act without consent, it is pure rape. If that is the reason, then I agree with the inclusion of the tag.

I still have already said that. It pains me to see those tags in this game. xd

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I would totally do it. And Emma too.

I mean Emma would do it too, not that I would do Emma.

What? why are you looking me like that?
Emma: Come on, mom! We're almost there!
Charlie: (looks around the bar suspiciously) Darling? Where are we?
Emma: Free fizzie drink, here I come!

Steve: (wordlessly wiping the bar table)
Emma: Steve! I want my fizzie drink!

Steve: Emma? Wha~ is..... that?
Steve collapses...

Charlie: Oh my god! Did he just faint? Emma? What is this place. Explain to me darling.
Emma: (think to herself) 'Uh-oh. I to-tally forgot my promise to [MC]!'

Poor Steve is such a Charlie fanboy, that his heart just couldn't take it seeing her in real life. ;):ROFLMAO:
Don't worry Emma. I'm sure them fizzie drinks are totally worth my trouble :LOL:

Last edited:

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
And plus every story you hear is from Lucy's perspective, so there might be details of each event that Charlotte kept from her as well, as Lucy doesn't know the whole story of the attack.
I hope you're wrong about that, she's had to go through enough, it's enough for a lifetime. If Charlotte had an even worse experience in the past than Lucy told us, then not even the dentist of Jason and Harry will be able to identify their mutilated bodies when I'm done with them.

Wonder Wolf

Mar 3, 2018
I see, that explains it. I honestly didn't remember.

In any case, it wouldn't be attempted rape. It would be full-blown rape. Attempted would be if she was only drugged or about to be raped. As soon as there is a sexual act without consent, it is pure rape. If that is the reason, then I agree with the inclusion of the tag.

I still have already said that. It pains me to see those tags in this game. xd
You are absolutely right from that moment it would be rape. I worded it wrong i fixed it. Thanks for notice. (y)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Emma: Come on, mom! We're almost there!
Charlie: (looks around the bar suspiciously) Darling? Where are we?
Emma: Free fizzie drink, here I come!

Steve: (wordlessly wiping the bar table)
Emma: Steve! I want my fizzie drink!

Steve: Emma? Wha~ is..... that?
Steve collapses...

Charlie: Oh my god! Did he just faint? Emma? What is this place. Explain to me darling.
Emma: (think to herself) 'Uh-oh. I to-tally forgot my promise to [MC]!'

Poor Steve is such a Charlie fanboy, that his heart just couldn't take it seeing her in real life. ;):ROFLMAO:
Don't worry Emma. I'm sure them fizzie drinks are totally worth my trouble :LOL:
Free drinks vs a healthy Charlie? Easiest choice ever!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Free drinks vs a healthy Charlie? Easiest choice ever!
Poor Charlie might get a heart attack finding out MC left her daughter with a stranger.
Steve might relieve Charlie's tension if he could explain, but unfortunately he's in no such condition.

So yuuuuup. Down goes that bottle haha (just kidding, Charlie's health would come first for me).
Though I have to admit, it would be fun to see Charlie who loves the MC, yet is pissed off at him for this and tries to act angry in a drunken state

Charlie: I....love you....hic! But I.....am mad.....at you! Hic!

Yup, it's a real bad combination I know, but you know me. I'm a masochist and willing to sacrifice myself to quell her anger :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I hope you're wrong about that, she's had to go through enough, it's enough for a lifetime. If Charlotte had an even worse experience in the past than Lucy told us, then not even the dentist of Jason and Harry will be able to identify their mutilated bodies when I'm done with them.
Well that is the thing I think the attack was it, there wasn't more to it, but I think Charlotte is keeping it to herself as to why the attack happened cause she is afraid of what would happen to her and Lucy, as Lucy would go after him, so she made up the story of him just not taking no for an answer. That is why I came up with that theory and also what Charlotte says to the MC in the last chapter.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
there is rape i think if charl doesn't stop upcoming supermodel going down with those sleazebags.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
MC would need to be 10+ years younger to be a reasonable LI with Emma/Suzi, if the dev wants Charlie (& society at large) to accept the relationship.

A good rule of thumb is LI min. age = (MC age/2) + 7. So, if MC is 36 (not sure, just making up a number), then the youngest acceptable age LI to date would be 25. Using this formula, the max. MC age to date a 18 y.o. LI would be (18-7)*2 = 22 years old. MC hasn't been 22 years old in a long time.

Simply, absent some sort of corruption element to Charlie, I also don't see any romantic endings with MC + Emma/Suzi (or even Kaylah for that matter ...).
When I was 40, I dated a total of three women that year (polyamorous). One was 60, one was 25, and the other was 20. I found that I had most in common with the 60-year-old, the dynamic with the 25-year-old was good, but dating the 20-year-old "got old" very quickly. We had very little in common and she was entering activist phases I'd already been through and had no interest in sharing her passion. My wife at the time was 35, and even there, I found our differences to be a strain at times.

Not sure if, at 62, the age/2+7 still applies. Actually, a minimum of 38 is probably quite low enough! :D

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
I hope i am wrong, but i am pretty sure it was much worse than what she told us or her sister.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Charlotte did say to the MC that not even Lucy knows the whole story about the attack
If I had to guess, Charlotte kept the "why" to herself and told Lucy it was about a spurned would-be suitor, not the industry-wide grooming/exploitation conspiracy that endangers her.

Reactions: Old Dog

awbb

Dec 21, 2017
Seeing MC there sitting on the bed with Charlotte This is a big step for Charlotte When MC was hired, Charlotte told him frankly I don't want you to enter any of our rooms, she is happy and doesn't look nervous,I feel there will be a lot of progress between them in this update View attachment 1711761
I don't understand. Why is the MC's old man from Above the Clouds got to do with this? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Wonder Wolf

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
If I had to guess, Charlotte kept the "why" to herself and told Lucy it was about a spurned would-be suitor, not the industry-wide grooming/exploitation conspiracy that endangers her.
I thought that Charlotte told Lucy that it was because the guy was pestering her for a date but she kept on saying no to him.
I would guess that Charlotte said something more to him that made him and he got pissed.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes