4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

vultron

May 19, 2018
why do you say that? :(
She has sheltered and smothered her daughter to the point of it being detrimental to her daughter she has allowed her own personal trauma to effect her daughter rather than confronting her problems. She has hidden away in her house for 15 years seemingly only leaving to do the things she can't avoid like work. Keeping your daughter away from men because of your own bad experience is not what a good parent does I'm kinda surprised Emma was even allowed to go to college.

Reactions: Havik79

vultron

May 19, 2018
Bad mother? No. Misguided and slightly closseting Emma? Yes...she is. But not a bad mother. One can do the wrong thing with the right intentions...and vice-versa.
She has allowed herself to negatively effect her daughters life for 15 years it's one thing to make a mistake and then correct yourself but Charlotte has allowed this to go on for so long without course correcting that there is really no excuse for it I don't really see how Charlotte can be viewed as a good parent.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
She has allowed herself to negatively effect her daughters life for 15 years it's one thing to make a mistake and then correct yourself but Charlotte has allowed this to go on for so long without course correcting that there is really no excuse for it I don't really see how Charlotte can be viewed as a good parent.
I suggest you rewatch the scene where they watch a film together (and read properly this time)....

Emma is introverted anyway and Charlotte, while Emma has been growing up has done none of which you state. She wants her daughter to have a normal life. She has only the best interests for Emma at heart. I will firmly defend her there. However as i said, she is slightly misguided and is closeting Emma like a six year old currently...again, she is doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. She is far from a 'bad mother'.

Please also learn to edit your posts to avoid spam posting too.

Last edited:

rev_01

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2020
To be fair to Charlotte, her daughter, who often gets worried / nervous easily wouldn’t react too well to hearing she has a stalker. Charlotte doesn’t want her daughter to worry, she wants Emma to go about life as usual without needing to look over her shoulder 24/7. She wants Emma to retain some of her innocence instead of losing it, because finding out about the stalker would definitely do that. Part of the story will be Emma maturing and Charlotte coming to terms with that. I don’t think Charlotte is a bad mother, just a very concerned one who wants to keep her child safe and she considers the best way to do that is to not tell her daughter about it and try to keep her innocent for as long as possible. I honestly doubt many people here would want to tell their kids that either if they were in a similar situation, so cut her some slack. Also from the story so far, it’s not like Charlotte has forbidden her daughter from seeing boys. Yes, a huge part of Emma’s innocence is likely related to Charlotte’s hatred of men but we do also see Charlotte talking to Emma about boys so it can’t be solely that.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She has sheltered and smothered her daughter to the point of it being detrimental to her daughter she has allowed her own personal trauma to effect her daughter rather than confronting her problems. She has hidden away in her house for 15 years seemingly only leaving to do the things she can't avoid like work. Keeping your daughter away from men because of your own bad experience is not what a good parent does I'm kinda surprised Emma was even allowed to go to college.
She's overly protective but she certainly hasn't sheltered either of her daughters. If that were true, they'd both be living at home, they'd both have been homeschooled, and neither of them would have much of a life outside of the house. But Emma goes to college and Suzi is an athlete who also models sportswear, so they're clearly not sheltered. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that she "hid" Emma in the house for 15 years. Emma is just a shy person and people like that, who have a normal life where they go out regularly and interact with other people, exist in the real world so her being like this is not a sign of a sheltered upbringing.

As far as "smothering" goes, she may have showered with them so much love and affection that one of her daughters is clingy and the other is a bit of a spoiled brat, but that is hardly enough indict her as a bad mother. It doesn't seem like she's stopped them from going out and having a life, so she certainly hasn't smothered their freedom in any way.

Charlotte has been shown to be a very good and caring mother who wants the best for her children and wants them to live their best life. She isn't holding either of them back from doing this either, and because she wants Emma to live happily and relatively carefree, she doesn't tell her about the stalker because she doesn't want to traumatise her daughter with fear.

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Maybe the kid wouldn't be so nervous and scared if she wasn't so sheltered.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
If your parenting results in a daughter that has the mental maturity of a preteen at 18 years old, you did something wrong there.

Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Why does it matter to you guys so much if people think Emma has a shitty mum, you aren't going to change the mind of people who think the guy in the white house is a dumb fuck, or those who think he is a god.

I think she has a shitty mum, still love sweet Emma and enjoy the game for her, so what odds does it make what I think, as long as the game gives me some enjoyment.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Why does it matter to you guys so much if people think Emma has a shitty mum, you aren't going to change the mind of people who think the guy in the white house is a dumb fuck, or those who think he is a god.

I think she has a shitty mum, still love sweet Emma and enjoy the game for her, so what odds does it make what I think, as long as the game gives me some enjoyment.
You gave your opinion, others gave their counter-opinion, that is how a internetforum should work after all.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
To be fair to Charlotte, her daughter, who often gets worried / nervous easily wouldn’t react too well to hearing she has a stalker. Charlotte doesn’t want her daughter to worry, she wants Emma to go about life as usual without needing to look over her shoulder 24/7. She wants Emma to retain some of her innocence instead of losing it, because finding out about the stalker would definitely do that. Part of the story will be Emma maturing and Charlotte coming to terms with that. I don’t think Charlotte is a bad mother, just a very concerned one who wants to keep her child safe and she considers the best way to do that is to not tell her daughter about it and try to keep her innocent for as long as possible. I honestly doubt many people here would want to tell their kids that either if they were in a similar situation, so cut her some slack. Also from the story so far, it’s not like Charlotte has forbidden her daughter from seeing boys. Yes, a huge part of Emma’s innocence is likely related to Charlotte’s hatred of men but we do also see Charlotte talking to Emma about boys so it can’t be solely that.
Let's be real, keeping her daughter in the dark is the very definition of bad parenting. Would you place your daughter in mortal danger to "preserve her innocence?" Knowing and not knowing about the danger she is in makes a huge fucking difference in her ability to protect herself. Sticking a body guard (who can be a lecherous pervy asshole if you want him to be) on her, is not a full proof protection.

This action just reinforces her unwillingness to treat her daughter like an adult, something even little Emma herself seems to understand.

edit: And I am always amused by this notion of people trying to white knight the girls to cover for their insufficiency. Flawed characters are generally convincing characters. You can see the problems in their behavior and still enjoy the game and appreciate the characters to some extent depending on how convincingly they are portrayed. For me, Charlotte seems believable. Emma is a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Draakaap23

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Let's be real, keeping her daughter in the dark is the very definition of bad parenting. Would you place your daughter in mortal danger to "preserve her innocence?" Knowing and not knowing about the danger she is in makes a huge fucking difference in her ability to protect herself. Sticking a body guard (who can be a lecherous pervy asshole if you want him to be) on her, is not a full proof protection.

This action just reinforces her unwillingness to treat her daughter like an adult, something even little Emma herself seems to understand.

edit: And I am always amused by this notion of people trying to white knight the girls to cover for their insufficiency. Flawed characters are generally convincing characters. You can see the problems in their behavior and still enjoy the game and appreciate the characters to some extent depending on how convincingly they are portrayed. For me, Charlotte seems believable. Emma is a bit of a stretch.
Who is white-knighting anyone? No one has said she is mother of the year but so far her actions has not made her a bad mother (in my opinion).

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes