4.20 star(s) 272 Votes

Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019
Hey bro nice to see you here. No the dev only put it on hold recently it had an update a few months ago.
I feel sad about the many games that end up failing or being abandoned, often due to significant challenges faced by developers or because some may have underestimated the amount of work involved.

I really hope the community can find a way to reduce the number of games that come to a halt when a developer steps away, whether for valid reasons or not. It would be fantastic to have a "vault" where game data is stored and made available to other developers if a game is deemed "abandoned." This way, another developer could at least bring the game to a conclusion, even if it’s a bit rushed.

It’s disheartening to see so many games that were funded by patrons end up in the unfortunate "on hold (for a very very long time)"or worse "abandoned" category.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
I'm sure it would if you were playing an Emma path (and I have no doubt DB would be doing it justice). But the guy I was replying to said that he didn't pursue Emma and then she started to develop sexual feelings for MC.
Yeah, it can happen even when you think you're firmly "not on the Emma path". Happened in my playthrough and I'm on the "Charlotte's sister" path (can't remember the name or be arsed to look it up right now).

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I feel sad about the many games that end up failing or being abandoned, often due to significant challenges faced by developers or because some may have underestimated the amount of work involved.

I really hope the community can find a way to reduce the number of games that come to a halt when a developer steps away, whether for valid reasons or not. It would be fantastic to have a "vault" where game data is stored and made available to other developers if a game is deemed "abandoned." This way, another developer could at least bring the game to a conclusion, even if it’s a bit rushed.

It’s disheartening to see so many games that were funded by patrons end up in the unfortunate "on hold (for a very very long time)"or worse "abandoned" category.
In a perfect world for the player, yes, that would be amazing, but there are so many problems with the concept.

Firstly, in most circumstances, I imagine the original dev/s wouldn't submit their assets/work to such a vault because they intend to come back to it themselves at some point, or they have no interest anymore, or they don't want someone else continuing their work, or circumstances themselves prevent it (dev passing away, going to prison, losing everything in a house fire, etc.).

Then you have the whole rights issue, because presumably the "new" dev would look to monetise their continuation of the game, and that could just get messy.

Then of course, there's the continuation itself. Would the new dev be capable of continuing at the same level of quality as the old (in graphical, coding, and both writing and scripting terms)? Would the fans who love the game end up despising the continuation because it's not as good, or it doesn't "feel" the same, or it's now going in a different direction.

All of that is irrelevent for this game of course, because that's not where we are at, but is just in response to the valid idea.

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Yeah, it can happen even when you think you're firmly "not on the Emma path". Happened in my playthrough and I'm on the "Charlotte's sister" path (can't remember the name or be arsed to look it up right now).
On all paths, Emma begins to develop romantic feelings for the MC.

On Charlotte's path, these feelings do not deepen, as her desire for the MC to marry Charlotte and become her father takes precedence.

On Lucy's path, the situation is more complicated. Since the MC is not going to become her father, that conflict is absent. However, she does not want to interfere in her aunt's relationship with the MC. As a result, her feelings continue to grow, but she struggles with them.

On all other paths, Emma's feelings for the MC develop more strongly, leading to the possibility of you choosing her as your love interest.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024

On Charlotte's path, these feelings do not deepen, as her desire for the MC to marry Charlotte and become her father takes precedence.

On Lucy's path, the situation is more complicated. Since the MC is not going to become her father, that conflict is absent. However, she does not want to interfere in her aunt's relationship with the MC. As a result, her feelings continue to grow, but she struggles with them.

On all other paths, Emma's feelings for the MC develop more strongly, leading to the possibility of you choosing her as your love interest.
Personally I just don't see her that way, I love Emma and feel protective of her but it's definitely in more of a father, daughter way than anything else.
Now Charlotte on the other hand, never have I wished more for a character than to see her have a truly happy ending with the MC, see them sail off into the sunset together. Noone deserves it more. :love:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

wait, are you telling there are actually multiple pathso_O
so far ive seen only one path - Charlotte's path...

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
wait, are you telling there are actually multiple pathso_O
so far ive seen only one path - Charlotte's path...
For my part, I actually see 6 paths:

1. and main path is the Charlotte Plus path (and I think that is the main path of HillsideVN ), in which all of the Lloyd's relationship points are collected

In the other paths, the other members of the Lloyd's are neglected or ignored
2. the pure Charlotte path
3. the pure Luzy path
4. the pure Emma path
5. the pure Suzi path
6. the professional path, all are ignored

[edit] I politely decline the other ladies offered.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018

How Joshy will see this post:
1723370129589.png

Last edited:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
For my part, I actually see 6 paths:

1. and main path is the Charlotte Plus path (and I think that is the main path of HillsideVN ), in which all of the Lloyd's relationship points are collected

In the other paths, the other members of the Lloyd's are neglected or ignored
2. the pure Charlotte path
3. the pure Luzy path
4. the pure Emma path
5. the pure Suzi path
6. the professional path, all are ignored

[edit] I politely decline the other ladies offered.
you forgot a 7th path the MC becomes a Villain!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
There are, but they are not fully branched. Currently limited to different dialogue and the odd additional/missing scene. They will deviate more as the romantic relationships develop and eventually lead to different endings.
well, if one makes a joke and no one gets it, that could only mean it was a bad joke (attempt) :HideThePain:
im aware of plans/paths, and was merely joking wondering htf anyone can play any route apart from the Charlote's ...:BootyTime:

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
Personally I just don't see her that way, I love Emma and feel protective of her but it's definitely in more of a father, daughter way than anything else.
Now Charlotte on the other hand, never have I wished more for a character than to see her have a truly happy ending with the MC, see them sail off into the sunset together. Noone deserves it more. :love:
I think it's more about how Emma sees you. You're only going to see the real romance side of it if you're chasing Emma anyway, so if you don't see Emma like that, you're going to pick another path (clearly Charlotte, for you) meaning Emma is going to repress those feelings she has.

Reactions: Justaphase
4.20 star(s) 272 Votes