urkg

Mar 8, 2022
Please be voiced in the future :sneaky:
And fix the bugss, encountered 1 in the cheating route: stuck in a black screen when trying to watch the show with Lily (after ditching her the first time)

Reactions: Kudilah

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
According to the latest post he won't be active for weeks.
I anticipated something like that to happen, as I mentioned in my previous post. It seems the dev don't have real power to carry on his game, be it a real life issues or burnout or both. I wish someone would pick up this game idea and make something similar on rpgmaker as well, while taking into account the mistakes that were made in this game.

Sullied Love appears to be the one with similar premise. But the dialogues and the whole pacing is much weaker. Not to mention non-existent animations, not very attractive char's models and most likely absence of branching paths. Besides what I liked about this game on rpgmaker, is the interactivity that it brings. It opens so many possibilities with the right approach.

Last edited:

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I anticipated something like that to happen, as I mentioned in my previous post. It seems the dev don't have real power to carry on his game, be it a real life issues or burnout or both. I wish someone would pick up this game idea and make something similar on rpgmaker as well, while taking into account the mistakes that were made in this game.
What would you say were those mistakes?

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
What would you say were those mistakes?
Oh, there are many of them. Just on the back of my mind, first we started with love points and such, then the dev get rid of it and we're just going through linear story of the path we have chosen. Not clear indication of the paths, without a walkthrough it was very hard to figure it out. Very short sex scenes, usually with one angle, without changing positions and without sounds. All routine in the story is going eat and bath. I swear, when I played this game for the first time, it was already meaty in the content, but our character went into the bath so many times, without doing anything else, so I could call this game bath simulator. There could have been many other things to do, and even more so when events had already built up momentum. Weird mechanic with condoms, that serves no real reason, as well as gaining money. And so on.

UPD. Lots of possible subroutes on existing paths that have not found a continuation. And which, by the way, the developer promised to remove from the game altogether.
Routes began to blend into each other, (probably due to burnout) and became not very distinguishable from each other.

Last edited:

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
The routes aren't exactly well thought out. The choices for example. You could make has many bad choices has you wanted, so long on the second day you interrupted Alex on the balcony. You are set for the pure route. Likewise you could make all the right choices, if on the second day you leave without asking for the car you are set in for the netorare route. And you cant change it.

I understand if you went full vanilla and got Alex by the balls, it would be impossible to get ntrd past the second day.
But the main strength of this game, besides the decent dialogue and models. Are the choices and the potential changes they can make.
I cant even count how many times i replayed the first two days, just checking all the different ways events could play out, depending on the choices made.
Unfortunately, rpgmaker is not the best for this kind of things. Like at all. A visual novel would be better for the story and its routes, but part of the appeal of this game is the control we have over eric with in a novel we wouldnt have.

Kotobiki

Dec 3, 2020
The routes aren't exactly well thought out. The choices for example. You could make has many bad choices has you wanted, so long on the second day you interrupted Alex on the balcony. You are set for the pure route. Likewise you could make all the right choices, if on the second day you leave without asking for the car you are set in for the netorare route. And you cant change it.

I understand if you went full vanilla and got Alex by the balls, it would be impossible to get ntrd past the second day.
But the main strength of this game, besides the decent dialogue and models. Are the choices and the potential changes they can make.
I cant even count how many times i replayed the first two days, just checking all the different ways events could play out, depending on the choices made.
Unfortunately, rpgmaker is not the best for this kind of things. Like at all. A visual novel would be better for the story and its routes, but part of the appeal of this game is the control we have over eric with in a novel we wouldnt have.
Those are intentionally set up that way, and it makes plenty sense for that to be the case tbh. The scenes for first days are all part of "common route", depending on actions of major signficance is what sets you on to one of the specific routes.

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
Those are intentionally set up that way, and it makes plenty sense for that to be the case tbh. The scenes for first days are all part of "common route", depending on actions of major signficance is what sets you on to one of the specific routes.
No, there are barely any actions that set you on a specific route. And thats a good thing. Like you said, the first two days are the common route, and ALL of the choices made should have an impact on where you end up. But by making a few choices have so much power you take away the weight of what has been done before.
Granted there is only 3 of them.
The balcony being one of them, if you dont interrupt alex while on a pure run, it wont affect the overall route you are on. But if you are on an ntr run and you choose to interrupt, you are set on the pure route. No choice made before or after will change it.

Its why i dislike all of the routes, my main enjoyment from this game comes from the choices themselves and their effects. Sure i might be on the pure route, but what if eric doesnt satisfy lily and she begins growing closer to alex. What if i am on the ntr route and i decide to take her back from alex.

The dev seemed to be doing something close to this before. But has time went by he just kept going in a singular path. And a few gimmicks he had intend to make were scrapped. It sucks, but rpgmaker is not fit for this kind of game. It honestly might be best if he remade has a visual novel.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
No, there are barely any actions that set you on a specific route. And thats a good thing. Like you said, the first two days are the common route, and ALL of the choices made should have an impact on where you end up. But by making a few choices have so much power you take away the weight of what has been done before.
Granted there is only 3 of them.
The balcony being one of them, if you dont interrupt alex while on a pure run, it wont affect the overall route you are on. But if you are on an ntr run and you choose to interrupt, you are set on the pure route. No choice made before or after will change it.

Its why i dislike all of the routes, my main enjoyment from this game comes from the choices themselves and their effects. Sure i might be on the pure route, but what if eric doesnt satisfy lily and she begins growing closer to alex. What if i am on the ntr route and i decide to take her back from alex.

The dev seemed to be doing something close to this before. But has time went by he just kept going in a singular path. And a few gimmicks he had intend to make were scrapped. It sucks, but rpgmaker is not fit for this kind of game. It honestly might be best if he remade has a visual novel.
I agree about the routs, but I disagree about the rpg maker. In my opinion, the engine is a good choice. I've seen a lot of visual novels on renpy and very few of them have anything other than choices with answers. Obviously, yhe engine of the rpg maker has the advantage of introducing such mechanics. There are many interactive possibilities in rpgmaker: you can interact with the world around you, it's especially good when you approach NPC's, talk to them, they give you scraps of information. Examining things around you or doing a set of non-obvious actions that can open up a scene. There is a sense of physically moving through the world, rather than just moving along the rails of the predetermined plot. The sneak peek scenes also don't look forced, especially if they can actually be skipped if you find them.
If you want good examples of such games: Hero boy Ken or the recently released Nebel Geisterjager. And that's only on top of my head.

Also on the question of the mechanics, which the developer has clearly given up on half way through the game: The love status is frozen in place and only matters at the beginning. You can't see which route you're on. Absence of quests info. If you load after a long period, you can spend a lot of time rushing around the house trying to figure out what to do (but probably take a shower, given the tediousness of progression :D). The dev also could add the erotic/sex status of the girl, to watch her progression. Add more movement around the world, not limiting it to just the house. Phone calls to check on Lily's location.
Add mechanics for the use of money. Random sex events that don't move the plot, but increase corruption and are reflected in the erotic status.

God, there's so much you can think of. OK, it may seem like I hate this game, but in reality, I really like the Lily's looks and dialogues with her. At first, I liked the enclosed setting where the events take place. But for the time being, it's started to get boring. It's a shame that everything just sort of froze in place and stopped moving forward. It seems like it's day 50 and it's about time we got down to some real smut. But no, we are still being teased. I love slow burns, but there's a limit to everything, otherwise it just loses its charm and becomes a tedious simulation of everyday life.

qwertgdgdg

Nov 29, 2018
I agree about the routs, but I disagree about the rpg maker. In my opinion, the engine is a good choice. I've seen a lot of visual novels on renpy and very few of them have anything other than choices with answers. Obviously, yhe engine of the rpg maker has the advantage of introducing such mechanics. There are many interactive possibilities in rpgmaker: you can interact with the world around you, it's especially good when you approach NPC's, talk to them, they give you scraps of information. Examining things around you or doing a set of non-obvious actions that can open up a scene. There is a sense of physically moving through the world, rather than just moving along the rails of the predetermined plot. The sneak peek scenes also don't look forced, especially if they can actually be skipped if you find them.
If you want good examples of such games: Hero boy Ken or the recently released Nebel Geisterjager. And that's only on top of my head.

Also on the question of the mechanics, which the developer has clearly given up on half way through the game: The love status is frozen in place and only matters at the beginning. You can't see which route you're on. Absence of quests info. If you load after a long period, you can spend a lot of time rushing around the house trying to figure out what to do (but probably take a shower, given the tediousness of progression :D). The dev also could add the erotic/sex status of the girl, to watch her progression. Add more movement around the world, not limiting it to just the house. Phone calls to check on Lily's location.
Add mechanics for the use of money. Random sex events that don't move the plot, but increase corruption and are reflected in the erotic status.

God, there's so much you can think of. OK, it may seem like I hate this game, but in reality, I really like the Lily's looks and dialogues with her. At first, I liked the enclosed setting where the events take place. But for the time being, it's started to get boring. It's a shame that everything just sort of froze in place and stopped moving forward. It seems like it's day 50 and it's about time we got down to some real smut. But no, we are still being teased. I love slow burns, but there's a limit to everything, otherwise it just loses its charm and becomes a tedious simulation of everyday life.
Theres a massive difference between hero boy ken and nebel, to the point its pointless to compare it. And nebel dev already spoke a bit about the problems he had while making it. And while i do agree that rpgmaker is the best choice for this game, since i do enjoy the freeroam. It doesnt change the ever increasing creep of the variables. The more content you add to it, the harder it is to work with. Of course rpgmaker still handles it better than renply, but there are other novel engines that can do it better than rpgmaker.

Honestly, its amazing how much progress has been made on a weekly basis, its likely because of the story routes making it easier to find your bearings, but it wont last. Its inevitable, the spaghetti code will come.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Theres a massive difference between hero boy ken and nebel, to the point its pointless to compare it. And nebel dev already spoke a bit about the problems he had while making it.
I'll clarify, I haven't stated my point correctly. It's not that they are similar, they are good examples of games in which, in my opinion, those or other mechanics I mentioned in the post were successfully implemented and enhanced user involvement in the gameplay. As I see it, the main trouble with many novice developers is that they themselves lack game experience, even in their own genre in which they make their game. Many admit this outright, though. Otherwise, I just don't know how you can miss out on obviously good things.

You have to be a very talented author to make a really unique and interesting game, without having much knowledge of what has been done before you. Also, it absolutely does not guarantee success, just that when you have a quality bar set by going through a lot of games in your genre it will involuntarily go up. Thereby having such bar, the developer will at least try to surpass the original, or not to be worse. And here we are not talking about stupid copying, but simply using the already successful solutions from other games. Of course, you also need to be creative and add your own flavor, otherwise you'll end up with a shitty clone. Even for me personally as a player, it was enough to play a few very well-written games to turn my nose up at 95% of what's usually posted here. The bar has been raised.

But of course the fact is that there aren't many good games, then I play what is available. Especially since almost all of them are in development and come out with a certain interval of time.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 19 Votes