SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
I remember using a console code to change the "days on the island" number but I can't find it anymore. Could anyone please tell me what the console code is? And, is there any way to set a specific day of the week? Thanks in advance.

*quick edit* the code was still in the console's history lol. It's: gameday=*insertdaynumber*
Messing around with the console and changing the game day is a very good way to bork your game.
Routines run in the background at the end of the day, that is why you see the timer.
The end of a week has routines as well.
Missing those will mean certain things do not set up for the next day or week, which will cause errors in your game and bork it.
The more you try to cheat to get things seen, the more you will end up borking your game/savefile and having to start again.

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Getting a bit concerned here... Last night I played the new release a bit. Want to play some more right now. Game isn't opening up no matter how many times I try to. Thought it may have been a Ren'py issue, but other Ren'Py games are opening fine. Restarted and that didn't help. Deleted the game and reloaded... Still nothing. Very weird.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Getting a bit concerned here... Last night I played the new release a bit. Want to play some more right now. Game isn't opening up no matter how many times I try to. Thought it may have been a Ren'py issue, but other Ren'Py games are opening fine. Restarted and that didn't help. Deleted the game and reloaded... Still nothing. Very weird.
think i had that problem before, game got issue when persistent grew too big, i had to delete once before and soon will have to again, cause cant load game without restarting it , it crash, so just delete persistent , all the data is in saves so you dont lost anything beyond skip (ctrl) function

DELETE the Persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id
you can backup it before just in case its not that , but you have to remove it from both locations.

Last edited:

HektorPlasm

Oct 29, 2020
Was anyone able to progress with the "Find out more about Sara's experiments" quest? I'm at the point where I should talk with Joy to make sure that Sara's doesn't accidentally hurt herself but I can't get an appointment or anything similar :(

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
think i had that problem before, game got issue when persistent grew too big, i had to deleted once before and soon will have to again, cause cant load game without restarting it , it crash, so just delete persistent , all the data is in saves so you dont lost anything beyond skip (ctrl) function

you can backup it before just in case its not that , but you have to remove it from both locations.
Thanks. That did it. Never had that issue before.

Reactions: micmitja

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
It's an issue where the persistent file in your game folder is not the same as the one that is stored in the AppData section.
So not being the same causing the game not to load.

Something with the persistent file and the newer renpy version.
Yes, other games do not have this problem, but not many games have upgraded to the newer version of renpy and also probably being VN's don't really use the persistent file for much.

bigtraps123

Jun 10, 2021
You don't, Sara chooses when she wants to take the pills, so is sort of a random event success.
You will know when she has taken them as she will also decide to have a change in outfit ;)
I did notice!
Now how to unlock the last scene?
She never seems to be alone at the bar ... I've tried for 3 months in game time now
Help again !

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
I did notice!
Now how to unlock the last scene?
She never seems to be alone at the bar ... I've tried for 3 months in game time now
Help again !
The trick is... when down to one or two more girls with Sara send them off to get changed into some other clothes.
that will leave just you, Sara, and Yumiko (who is bartending and so will not count to the alone requirement) to get the last scene.

Reactions: bigtraps123

very_confused

Jan 10, 2020
How to meet Sara or Daniela (the underground lab girls) again?
It says in the change log that Sara will be at the night bar? When will this happen?

qwe!!

Apr 18, 2021
Screenshot_2.png

need fix
it's after daniela ask about her breast size and when back to hospital room

Last edited:
Reactions: ZED19xx
4.00 star(s) 210 Votes