zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Excuse me, if this was asked before (didn't find that info on previous pages), but how far this game is from completion?

Also, is the release on Steam possible in the future? Thanks!
Nobody knows, not even Darkhound himself. He will probably continue until he loses interest (hopefully not for a long time!). Release on Steam, probably not. The question was asked before and Darkhound declined.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Beat me to it again Zap!
If it is any comfort he also beat me to it too, I was theory crafting (then gave up)
Short version,

No steam.

People usually assume Endless Island. But the "Yacht" was mused as a standalone game option, this (to me) suggests that a new main zone or new game is the most realistic future (year? years?)

Note. Speculative guesswork.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
If it is any comfort he also beat me to it too, I was theory crafting (then gave up)
Short version,

No steam.

People usually assume Endless Island. But the "Yacht" was mused as a standalone game option, this (to me) suggests that a new main zone or new game is the most realistic future (year? years?)

Hmm, not sure about the yacht as a standalone option. Even while it is a big yacht it is a lot smaller than the island. We now mainly know the hotel. And have some idea about the existence of the lab, but no real idea yet about it's size. Also there is an airstrip, but we haven't seen anything about it yet. And the existence of the yacht means there may be a dock somewhere too. So I feel the island has a lot more potential than just the yacht.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Hmm, not sure about the yacht as a standalone option. Even while it is a big yacht it is a lot smaller than the island. We now mainly know the hotel. And have some idea about the existence of the lab, but no real idea yet about it's size. Also there is an airstrip, but we haven't seen anything about it yet. And the existence of the yacht means there may be a dock somewhere too. So I feel the island has a lot more potential than just the yacht.
We'll have to see.

As for sizes, I view the size of resort/island to Yacht/world as reversed (the "yacht" and the surrounding world/Islands it can cruise to are infinitely bigger, more varied and hold more potential than the single resort/island).

So I lean to my original guesswork pointing towards new "something".

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
We'll have to see.

As for sizes, I view the size of resort/island to Yacht/world as reversed (the "yacht" and the surrounding world/Islands it can cruise to are infinitely bigger, more varied and hold more potential than the single resort/island).

So I lean towards my original guesswork pointing towards new "something".
That sounds a lot more reasonable, the yacht as a means to teleport sowewhere else. There are more games featuring a yacht, but the authors all have the same problem. When they want a change of scenery they have to resort to things like helicoptering to another ship or introducing land locations. The hard part about new locations for Darkhound will be the amount of work involved to create them. Look at the effort he expended on the lab and the sailboat trip. I can't see him pushing out new locations on each update like some devs do. That is simply not the man's standard of quality.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
That sounds a lot more reasonable, the yacht as a means to teleport sowewhere else. There are more games featuring a yacht, but the authors all have the same problem. When they want a change of scenery they have to resort to things like helicoptering to another ship or introducing land locations. The hard part about new locations for Darkhound will be the amount of work involved to create them. Look at the effort he expended on the lab and the sailboat trip. I can't see him pushing out new locations on each update like some devs do. That is simply not the man's standard of quality.
Indeed, but not just as a teleport, a roaming main location in itself.

The resort is not using a materially bigger space (if you add up the locations and ground used) at this point than a "Joy Class" super yacht would contain.

But in truth that is details.

The "Yacht" is not important in and of itself, it is at its core a huge main location that can hold everything it needs or if it should wish to do so also travel.

What form it takes (or even being a yacht for that matter) is ultimately not important.

What is given is that the resort is vast and old, and be it old design constraints or age, it is feeling both. Change therefore seems likely, what form it takes remains to be seen, and while a yacht has been mused, it is an unknown for now.

Reactions: junior366

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Short version,

No steam.

(Emphasis mine)
I'm glad you mentioned that, since on more than one occasion in the past I have compared Holiday Island to Nintendo's Endless Ocean, but with busty babes and adult/lewd content instead of a family-friendly game with fish. I personally see the appeal of the Endless Island approach, but I also recognize it's inherent limitations and challenges.

What is given is that the resort is vast and old, and be it old design constraints or age, it is feeling both. Change therefore seems likely, what form it takes remains to be seen, and while a yacht has been mused, it is an unknown for now.
Indeed. Many of the environment assets currently used in Holiday Island are "Genesis 2 era" (SKU 20000 series) and "early Genesis 3 era" (SKU 30000 series) environment assets, or Poser equivalents from the same time period (I know that the Lab, Yacht, and Photo Studio assets are newer (SKU 40000-50000 series), but still Genesis 3 era). Transiting to a new main venue (sequel game?) would likely facilitate the use of newer, more detailed and feature-rich Genesis 8-9 era environment assets (SKU 60000-90000 series). Just speculation on my part, of course.

biff68

Nov 3, 2019
I'm glad you mentioned that, since on more than one occasion in the past I have compared Holiday Island to Nintendo's Endless Ocean, but with busty babes and adult/lewd content instead of a family-friendly game with fish. I personally see the appeal of the Endless Island approach, but I also recognize it's inherent limitations and challenges.

Indeed. Many of the environment assets currently used in Holiday Island are "Genesis 2 era" (SKU 20000 series) and "early Genesis 3 era" (SKU 30000 series) environment assets, or Poser equivalents from the same time period (I know that the Lab, Yacht, and Photo Studio assets are newer (SKU 40000-50000 series), but still Genesis 3 era). Transiting to a new main venue (sequel game?) would likely facilitate the use of newer, more detailed and feature-rich Genesis 8-9 era environment assets (SKU 60000-90000 series). Just speculation on my part, of course.
I recognized the nightbar environment from another game, so I know it is pretty old:

The girls in the game look to be Genesis 3 or 8. Does anyone know if they are customized models of the dev's own making or can they be purchased somewhere as-is?

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I recognized the nightbar environment from another game, so I know it is pretty old:

The girls in the game look to be Genesis 3 or 8. Does anyone know if they are customized models of the dev's own making or can they be purchased somewhere as-is?
I believe the girls are all currently G3F. I also believe that several of the IRL older ones (versus "in game" older, i.e. Joy and Daniela) originated as G2F and were upgraded to G3F at some point. Obviously, Darkhound (and I think DuckSwim) can answer that more authoritatively.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I believe the girls are all currently G3F. I also believe that several of the IRL older ones (versus "in game" older, i.e. Joy and Daniela) originated as G2F and were upgraded to G3F at some point. Obviously, Darkhound (and I think DuckSwim) can answer that more authoritatively.
They are all G3F at this point.
Some are native to it, others like Faye were migrated to it.

Darkhound1's Deviant Art can be used to gauge the age and origin (G2F, V4, G3F) of the older girls.

kirakira13

Sep 18, 2019
Hello, I don't have my pc at the moment and wanted to play this game so I used joiplay but this happened when I open the game on it.

I used the compressed version btw. Iirc I can play this game with without any problems in the past. Is there any way to fix this?

I downloaded the android version but it says package error or something.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hello, I don't have my pc at the moment and wanted to play this game so I used joiplay but this happened when I open the game on it.

I used the compressed version btw. Iirc I can play this game with without any problems in the past. Is there any way to fix this?

You are not even into the game yet. My guess would be a corrupt build. Did you try downloading again?

yarrr420

Oct 24, 2017

I tried using Joiplay a release or two ago and ran into similar issues. I reported the error to darkhound and they seemed to be an issue with Joiplay since the error stack didn't match the actual code for the game. I'd recommend just using the Android version.

Maybe your download got corrupted; try other links or the one on the Patreon.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Another Far Off Day

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior366

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020

First off. The game is already compressed. Compressing more could cause issues. If your playing the Android version. No need for Joiplay. That's used to emulate PC games using RenPy. Just uninstalling the compressed version. Download the Android version here and see how it goes.

Welkin0855

Apr 15, 2023
Hi, does anyone remember the requirements to level up your charm and hacking/sneaking at each level? I can't find it in the new guide. Thanks!

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes