Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
Finally finished the whole thing! The game keeps on delivering new finely crafted content while staying true to its esthetics, so double thumbs up to @darkhound1 for the great job!
I clocked at a whopping 88 days (no cheats, maxed out stats on the MC and max affection/love/lust on all the girls), so story wise it would be compatible with the 3 months period mentioned by Joy at the very beginning. Getting more and more curious about what the devilishly sexy CEO exactly has in mind! ^^ (Those interested will find an end game save attached)

I would like to briefly offer my two cents of constructive criticism, though: the only mechanic that I can't really appreciate atm is the whole sexting thing. Not the images per se, of course (the more great renders in the game, the better!), but rather the way the system handles them, with the random factor making them extremely repetitve.
My proposed solution (although I'll be honest, I have NO idea how hard it would be to code this kind of change at this stage of development, I'm not much of a tech guy...): it would be great if any specific SMS couldn't be received more than once. This way, not only every new message would come as an actual surprise, but it would also eliminate the tedious final stages of the game where you basically just skip days to complete the collection on your phone. It would also mean more freedom for the author to add new "single shot" images for each girl in later updates, but without frustrating the players who enjoy completing everything without too much repetitiveness.

With that said, the game is absolutely beautiful and addictive, really can't wait for what's next to come!

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
For sexting, the images are broken up into 100's = Masturbation/vagina, 200's = topless, 300's = wet/shower, 400's teasing & 500's = specific (for example, Yumiko's posing for Joy or Aly's teen-age pics). When a sext is sent, it is chosen by first picking a random number from 1-4, then choosing the next assigned image in that category. Unfortunately, if you're waiting to get the third teasing pic, you may only get the same shower pic you've already seen. This, and the low number of pics for girls like Joy and Ivy creates the repetition.

My idea was to rearrange the numbers: 100's = specific, 200's = teasing, 300's = wet/shower, 400's = topless, 500's = masturbation/vagina. Then when the sexting starts, have it start at 200 and move upward until it reaches the highest number, then stop. This would eliminate repetition and build to the sexiest pics. Sexts should be sent from 14:30 to 1:30 each day, on the bottom of the hour, since so much happens at the top of the hour. Each girl would need about 15+ pics, 3 for each category (which is a huge amount of work), but a small amount to start would be ok.

Darkhound1 told me he has an idea on how to fix the sexting issue, and I look forward to seeing it.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I got Yumiko to play the photo game with me, but she only sent 2 pics. What am I doing wrong?
It's been many days with nothing.

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
I got Yumiko to play the photo game with me, but she only sent 2 pics. What am I doing wrong?
It's been many days with nothing.
If I'm not mistaken, pic minigame had a 2 days cooldown. And then about 60% chances to receive a message from that point. So, you should receive a message every 2, 3 or even 4 (if you especially unlucky) days.

Reactions: junior366

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
It's been about 30 days since the last pic.
Did you respond to the last picture? If it was the broken Amy one then that might break the counter no matter what you chose to do their. Might want to go to Yumiko and reset the game entirely.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I tried but I got the Joy pics both times. Maybe I'll talk to Yumiko at the bar. Also, I didn't know I was running 1.5.0 instead of 1.5.1, which may have broken the game when I updated.

wolverine73

Jun 4, 2018
I have a few issues with update 0.1.4

1. what are the picture frames for? i read on here somewhere they can display photos of the girls using an app on the phone. all i have is black backgrounds with white sillouhettes and no app.

2. why is there still hardly any content for Renee?

3. Beating most of the girls at poker still ends with"return for future favour" is that going to change?

4. I've done the clothes presentation with both Jenny and Aly several times but they still end with no action, is this intentional at the moment?

Great game though btw :)

thanks

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I have a few issues with update 0.1.4

1. what are the picture frames for? i read on here somewhere they can display photos of the girls using an app on the phone. all i have is black backgrounds with white sillouhettes and no app.

2. why is there still hardly any content for Renee?

3. Beating most of the girls at poker still ends with"return for future favour" is that going to change?

4. I've done the clothes presentation with both Jenny and Aly several times but they still end with no action, is this intentional at the moment?

Great game though btw :)

thanks
0.1.4 ? Did you miss type as we are now up to 0.1.5.1. Anyway, I'll try and answer your questions.

1. The frames in the new rooms can be filled via your phone. Bring up one of the sexting pics for example and you'll see an option to save it to a frame.

2. For whatever reason, Renee does not do well in the polls. She has had some new content added like Hot Shots, but unless you're playing 0.1.5.1 you won't see it.

3. Some poker rewards have been added for a few girls, but whether that's true for you favorite I can't say. The poker rewards will be added over time, but other things are higher on the list of priorities.

4. Nope no sexual actions or rewards after the clothing presentation(s).

I would suggest you download and update your game to 0.1.5.1 if you haven't already done so. Then go to the first page and download the Guide. It is up to date through 0.1.4.

Reactions: junior366

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Can anyone tell me what the problem I've encountered is from these screen shots? I'm helping Ivy with her exercise and get to the end where she asks me to set the bar down. Then the next click brings me the error screen. I don't even get the option to ignore it. All I can do is rollback.

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the problem I've encountered is from these screen shots? I'm helping Ivy with her exercise and get to the end where she asks me to set the bar down. Then the next click brings me the error screen. I don't even get the option to ignore it. All I can do is rollback.

View attachment 275257
View attachment 275259
Second to last line of your error report Holiday Island 0.1.5.0

Correct version is Holiday Island 0.1.5.1

Download and install the latest update/bugfix found on the first page or from the developer's Patreon page.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017

View attachment 275257
View attachment 275259
Looks like you are still running 0.1.5.0, update to 0.1.5.1.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I had trouble updating to 1.5.1. I used unren, which I think caused the update to fail. I started over, updated, then used unren, and it was fine.
Here's my latest FAQ. If you notice any mistakes or need something added, let me know.
Spoilers!

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
how do i invite anyone to the new fancy room? Also my phone doesnt have the new 9th icon. How do I get that?
1. You can't, not yet anyway.
2. Trigger Yumiko's backstory talk a few times. On the second one she should offer a new game where you guess who's who.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.6 beta - development news (updated 05/04/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.6 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.5.0 release.

0.1.5.2 beta will need 0.1.5 base files and it will include everything from 0.1.5.1 beta with all content addons and bug fixes.

The next release is 0.1.5.2 beta which will be an incremental update!
It includes some bug fixes and new content!

The update from 0.1.5.0 to 0.1.6 has 184 new renders and videos right now!

New features and content

• The game will get more than 20 background music and sound (sfx) files --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Yvette in the private restaurant with Yumiko as the waitress. The appointment involves a clothes selection scene as well --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Yvette will get the images to play "Hot Shots" with her, including a "hot scene" --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Faye gets an extended pull ups scene in webp format with a video and three different endings --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Amy's pool pose scene will be updated and will get more renders and text. In addition, the scene will be in webp format at least 1920x1080 for all images. The achievements will also be updated to multi image format. --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Aly gets a quest for her fourth evening clothes, which she can use in the bar and to play “Hot Shots” --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Aly will get the images to play "Hot Shots" with her, including a "hot scene" --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Groping has been added to the "special" achievements. Also updating the special images will no longer reset them (like with the 0.1.5.1 update) --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
Minor improvements and changes

• Amy gets a new dream image from the pool pose scene --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • During the poker game entrance, the girl will be offered to call the mc by his first name, which she accepts --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Yumiko will be at the night bar on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (it's an additional day - Friday, compared to older releases) --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Jennifer's gym scene achievements have been changed to multi image format --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
Bug fixes

• Faye's dress color when sitting in the restaurant has been fixed --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Fixed another bug in the nightbar last call scene. "NameError: name 'char1' is not defined" --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Fixed a bug in the nightbar last call scene. Could lead to strange crashes image not found from a different girl that had nothing to do with the scene --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • In the "guess who" minigame the following error can occur: IOError: Couldn't find file 'appointments/Amy/Amy_dinner9_face.jpg' --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • ScriptError: could not find label 'dinner_event_end' --> Accidentially an old file got into the update to 0.1.5.1. Sorry for that. You can download the quick fix file "appointments.rpyc" attached to this post to get rid of the error --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.5.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:
0.1.5.2 beta -->
no idea yet

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yvette_dinner_story25.jpg

Young Yvette at the pool party (0.1.5.2 preview)

Hello everyone!

This is a preview of Yvette's story about her youth, which she tells you at a romantic dinner.
The story has 25 renders so far and is still growing :)
Without the new PC hardware these scenes wouldn't have been possible. Even with all the new fancy stuff the night images with water and multiple characters take more than 1/2 an hour to render for each one.

Before you start spamming the thread with question about a release date. I don't know yet.
I had a lot of work to do at my regular job and with spring coming, I had to do some gardening work and other stuff too. So I didn't have a lot of time to work on the game.

I hope you enjoy the view!
Darkhound

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
If Yumiko has stopped playing Guess Who with you, and you've talked to her at the bar and can't get her to start again, try typing this into the console:
call create_minigame_picture_pool

Thanks to Wilson NE for the assist!

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes