Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The other thread [general discussion and information] has been closed:
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-...ns-and-information.24242/page-14#post-1772267
I've already complained, but I guess there is another rule that forbids a second thread or whatever, although there are a ton of games that have several threads open.
Yeah, I saw that. Kind of a bummer as there were some good ideas generated amongst the discussions. Oh well that could happen here if people weren't so lazy and did a search and/or downloaded the Guide prior to asking the same questions over and over again.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-...ns-and-information.24242/page-14#post-1772267
I've already complained, but I guess there is another rule that forbids a second thread or whatever, although there are a ton of games that have several threads open.
Well, Bossapplesauce seems to have made more than one mistake lately. Maybe it have something to do with becoming a bas(s). Fish stink, fruit jam have scent...

Reactions: bas and junior366

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
This was discussed among the moderation team before the thread was closed. Games that have additional threads are for a very specific topic that doesn't belong on the main game thread, such as a fan-art thread, or a play-through/walk-through questions thread (which I'm personally against). I know there's still a few other games with multiple threads floating around from when games in "Popular Games" each had their own sub-forum, but that *should* be it.

Please let me know if I'm missing something, as we're not perfect (myself least of all).

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This was discussed among the moderation team before the thread was closed. Games that have additional threads are for a very specific topic that doesn't belong on the main game thread, such as a fan-art thread, or a play-through/walk-through questions thread (which I'm personally against). I know there's still a few other games with multiple threads floating around from when games in "Popular Games" each had their own sub-forum, but that *should* be it.

Please let me know if I'm missing something, as we're not perfect (myself least of all).
First of all thanks for trying to provide an explanation.
I'm certainly not searching for other games that have multiple threads open asking you to close them or ask for an explanation why thread ... wasn't closed as well.
This thread has 452 pages by now. So let me just quote a part of the OP of the closed thread.
What is the the purpose of this thread?
To avoid making the main game thread even more unreadable as it already is. I've created this thread to direct some of the discussions going on in the main thread over here.

What types of discussion/content should be posted in this new thread?
  • Discussions about future game content or future game mechanics
  • Images/screenshots from your game (e.g. from your new player room)
  • Discussions on game assets, fan art or other stuff like that
What type of content should NOT be posted here (and should bve posted in the main thread instead)?
  • Reports of bugs in the game or other technical issues (e.g. problems downloading or installing the game, ...)
  • Specific questions on existing game scenes (e.g. how do I get event xxx with character yyy)
  • Questions on using cheats and mods
I think it served a purpose and wasn't just a double and making things more complicated and confusing. But that's just my opinion.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
First of all thanks for trying to provide an explanation.
I'm certainly not searching for other games that have multiple threads open asking you to close them or ask for an explanation why thread ... wasn't closed as well.
This thread has 452 pages by now. So let me just quote a part of the OP of the closed thread.

I think it served a purpose and wasn't just a double and making things more complicated and confusing. But that's just my opinion.
Yes, I read the OP. Not saying it didn't serve a purpose, but with the exception of fan art, what you outlined as the topics of the secondary thread are what is discussed in every other game thread on the forum - including those with a thousand pages or more.

The current structure of the forum is such that if you find the game thread, you can get all the info you need about that specific game. If we allowed a separate thread for future content of your game, it would set a precedent and we'd have to let everyone do it, and not just game devs since for many games the dev isn't active on the forum. I'd hope you can see how that could quickly get out of hand; "bas' Holiday Island game tips thread", "klx's Holiday Island FAQ", or "no, there's a new bug report thread after update v0.4c, you're using the old thread". Not kidding even a little, I've seen forums like this.

Every thread has people who refuse to use the search, asking the same questions that have already been answered over and over. Every thread has people asking when the next update is when it's literally the post above theirs, and asking for saves, walk-throughs, and the Android version. If we had a good solution to manage this, we'd implement it. And no, mass banning isn't an option, appealing as it sometimes is...

TL;DR - we can't do it because it would create bigger problems than those it solves. Sorry.

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
I have a question, was the thread creator asked or at least noticed before closing his thread? Or the decision was made
and executed unilaterally from the forum moderators?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I have a question, was the thread creator asked or at least noticed before closing his thread? Or the decision was made
I wasn't asked, but I guess that's how the procedure works. You can discuss things, but in the end it's a dictatorship :)
In any case, I think we have heard both sides and we can agree that we don't agree. But the mods won't change their opinion, so time to move on.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I wasn't asked, but I guess that's how the procedure works. You can discuss things, but in the end it's a dictatorship :)
In any case, I think we have heard both sides and we can agree that we don't agree. But the mods won't change their opinion, so time to move on.
No, and that was totally my fault. If I was thinking, I should have reached out and explained before closing the thread, so yeah, that was a dick move and totally on me alone. Sorry about that.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I hope Darkhound1 can find my suggestions in all of the clutter.
For Hotshots, could you have Joy send you a letter with some personal questions which you can turn in at reception? The questions would be "What is your favorite sexy movie?" and "How do you prefer to be seduced?" and others. Some of them, you'd choose the answer from a list, and some would have to be typed in. Then when the personal questions come up, the answer would be yours instead of Darkhound1's or Wilson NE's.
For Guess Who, I think we need 3 guesses. I save & reload every time until I get it right, but it's too hard without cheating.
Also, since Jennifer is the one taking pictures of the girls for sexting, maybe she should be the one playing "Guess Who." You could just talk to her at the bar or have her ask you when she shows off her swimsuit instead of not having an erection for Yumiko.
Of course, there's no reason not to play games with both girls!
Maybe a better solution would be to have a Jennifer game, too.

Reactions: junior366

anavel_gato2004

Jul 10, 2017
Question
Are there any other cheats for poker mini game other than the two listed on pastebin?

When I try to use g_poket_game.participants[0] = 500, I would get the message NameError: name g_poket_game is not defined.

anavel_gato2004

Jul 10, 2017
Now when I try to use g_poker_game.participants[0] = 500, I get this message 'AttributeError cl_poker_texas_holdem' object has no attribute 'participants'

also is there a way to unlock the subdermal implants for jennifer, joy and yumiko?

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes