aryanddevil

Jun 4, 2019
Seriously the guide is useless instead of introducing the game character wise one can describe the day to day game play that will be more understandable. IF any one have game walkthrough in the real sense of walkthrough please let me know. or send me to aryan25913@gmail.com

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
It's a sandbox game, there is no day to day game play, you can do all actions available if you meet the requirements (love, affection, lust, etc).
Also, all scenes/events/achievements are indicated in the phone with hints.

elvenc

Aug 14, 2018
Could someone post the list of animated scenes? For the moment this is a big grind and while I like the game a lot. There is a lot of repetition. Which is sometimes annoying. Also I had saves for everything from version 1.7.2 but with the new changes half of them don't work anymore unfortunately.

elvenc

Aug 14, 2018
There is no real error, the save was for a scene and now when I load it that scene is no longer the same options. It changes to something else that doesn't have the same scene

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Mmh odd. Which scenes, do you have an example ?
I had old saves for some scenes (night visit of the girls in a specific nightgown), first time I loaded the save the girl was in another outfit, I reloaded and she was back to the one outfit I made the save for.

I know that sometimes, saving in the middle of a scene can glitch the save, I see that happening but it was in another (renpy) game.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
There is no real error, the save was for a scene and now when I load it that scene is no longer the same options. It changes to something else that doesn't have the same scene
Mmh odd. Which scenes, do you have an example ?
I had old saves for some scenes (night visit of the girls in a specific nightgown), first time I loaded the save the girl was in another outfit, I reloaded and she was back to the one outfit I made the save for.

I know that sometimes, saving in the middle of a scene can glitch the save, I see that happening but it was in another (renpy) game.
May or may not have anything to do with the problem, but a lot of what might be considered older stuff, has had the graphics upgraded to a webp format. Depending on what the save is calling for it may have issues if it is trying to call for a jpg or png formatted file. Just a thought.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 16. March 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​

The next release is 0.2.0.1 beta which will be an incremental update.
It will include some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
33 additional renders, videos or sound files

14 updated renders

New features and content

Yvette gets a scene in the sauna --> still working on it
The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> still working on it
Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> still working on it
Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.0.1

Bug fixes

On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1
Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.0.1

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.0.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.0.1 beta --> no idea yet

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
It's not a bug, the image cannot be seen right now. Maybe you stop extracting the images and try to "guess" what is and what is not ;)
Oh that's interesting, if the image cannot be seen I'm personally not interested in extracting it via a console command as Bantry suggested, I like to have things happen as intended by the creator.

But does this mean that the 4th image count on her "context related " tab is a programming leftover for future additions, or is there an actual image I am missing?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Oh that's interesting, if the image cannot be seen I'm personally not interested in extracting it via a console command as Bantry suggested, I like to have things happen as intended by the creator.

But does this mean that the 4th image count on her "context related " tab is a programming leftover for future additions, or is there an actual image I am missing?
Leftover for a future addition. You didn't miss any scene.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
May or may not have anything to do with the problem, but a lot of what might be considered older stuff, has had the graphics upgraded to a webp format. Depending on what the save is calling for it may have issues if it is trying to call for a jpg or png formatted file. Just a thought.
I may be out, time wise, but this could be a version prior to start of Amy's Max Love/Affection quest.
So her Love/Affection stats were reduced on the loading of the version that started the quest.
This would affect replay of scenes with Amy as she would be low on Love/affection if you have not yet completed the quest

As this game grows and develops sometimes saves may not always work if from older versions.
Darkhound tries his best to minimise this when compared to other developers, but sadly will happen as the game develops and grows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bantry

elvenc

Aug 14, 2018
I completely understand and appreciate all the effort he puts in. Which is why I'm not asking for a fix just wanted to know if anyone knows what all the animated scenes are, so that I work on making new saves for those

Reactions: SiJa

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I completely understand and appreciate all the effort he puts in. Which is why I'm not asking for a fix just wanted to know if anyone knows what all the animated scenes are, so that I work on making new saves for those
It's a bit useless if you ask me since you can re trigger almost all scenes in game (but a few like Alice training) and Darkhound is adding replay to the phone (not for every scenes).

Last edited:
Reactions: imzahai and Bantry
4.00 star(s) 211 Votes