bigtraps123

Jun 10, 2021
Talk to Miriam at the lifeguard tower and ask to take a walk on the beach with you.
You might have to take several walks with her.
I did talk to her for a week now, got all her scenes and events other than the lotion one
I have her at max affection ... should it be lower or something??
Help!
never mind! you need her to send you enough pics first!

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I did talk to her for a week now, got all her scenes and events other than the lotion one
I have her at max affection ... should it be lower or something??
Help!
never mind! you need her to send you enough pics first!
Yes, she sends you some sexting images before you can continue with the quest.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
Thank you for the save file. It helped me find the root cause of the problem. It happened because you did an "intimate" action to "advance time".
There were only checks for chaning the location or waiting at a location to automatically trigger an appointment.
I have changed this now, so that all "intimate" actions, including chat will auto trigger appointments.
--> will be part of the next version
Glad I could help. That is exactly right. I was "intimate with the girls to advance time" between 10:00 and 12:00. :LOL:

alfonsino1976

Sep 20, 2020
I can't get Miriam to show off her legs to unlock the scene. I did the walk on the beach and climb the tower with her, but she always does the same thing. Can anybody help me

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Don't know if anyone else has seen this. HI game showing blacked out in Latest updates section and not able to download.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Don't know if anyone else has seen this. HI game showing blacked out in Latest updates section and not able to download.
Just you, all fine. Maybe clear out your browser history if you have not done that in a while :)

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
how to get yumiko naked in beach bar? she has always clothes and nothing triggers
I can't get Miriam to show off her legs to unlock the scene. I did the walk on the beach and climb the tower with her, but she always does the same thing. Can anybody help me
Check the phone section for the appointment/scene/event you want.
Make sure show hints is on.
Hover your mouse over the one you want and details about it will show on the right.
This also shows what requirements you need to get to trigger it.
Sometimes you need to do something with another girl before you can trigger it.
Or be at a certain time, or the girl wearing a certain outfit.
It will tell you what you need to trigger it
:)

Reactions: MarsUltor

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
... ok how do I get sara to take the pills?
You don't, Sara chooses when she wants to take the pills, so is sort of a random event success.
You will know when she has taken them as she will also decide to have a change in outfit ;)

alfonsino1976

Sep 20, 2020
Check the phone section for the appointment/scene/event you want.
Make sure show hints is on.
Hover your mouse over the one you want and details about it will show on the right.
This also shows what requirements you need to get to trigger it.
Sometimes you need to do something with another girl before you can trigger it.
Or be at a certain time, or the girl wearing a certain outfit.
It will tell you what you need to trigger it
Thanks for the explanation, but it does not clarify the detail that helps me to unlock the scene

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for the explanation, but it does not clarify the detail that helps me to unlock the scene
You MUST walk on the beach multiple times to see everything and advance to the self tan portion of the scene. Also, you must receive the pertinent sext from her.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
I encountered another mystery today when I checked the trophy section on my phone.

Eva is listed as my all time Wet T-Shirt and Butt Contest champion, which is definitely correct. I use these events as a simple means to have sex with her - as she is one of my favorite girls. The "contact data and interactions" section lists 36 penetration sex scenes (game day 254). As I had elevator sex with Eva only a handful of times, the number of contests she has won should be about 15 each.
Strangely, the number of contests that she has supposedly won is only 5 for the Wet T-Shirt Contest (see below) and 3 for the Butt Contest. Eva won the Wet T-Shirt Contest four times and the Butt Contest three times in my past four game weeks alone.
The numbers for the other trophies agree with the ones from the interactions section, however.
Furthermore, the runner-up girls have listed two and one victory, respectively. There is no girl listed as placed third in both contests.

Maybe I simply do not understand how the all time contests are counted or is there anything amiss in the code? Can anybody else check in their trophy list for such discrepancies, please?

1633177777876.png 1633177920288.png

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I encountered another mystery today when I checked the trophy section on my phone.

Eva is listed as my all time Wet T-Shirt and Butt Contest champion, which is definitely correct. I use these events as a simple means to have sex with her - as she is one of my favorite girls. The "contact data and interactions" section lists 36 penetration sex scenes (game day 254). As I had elevator sex with Eva only a handful of times, the number of contests she has won should be about 15 each.
Strangely, the number of contests that she has supposedly won is only 5 for the Wet T-Shirt Contest (see below) and 3 for the Butt Contest. Eva won the Wet T-Shirt Contest four times and the Butt Contest three times in my past four game weeks alone.
The numbers for the other trophies agree with the ones from the interactions section, however.
Furthermore, the runner-up girls have listed two and one victory, respectively. There is no girl listed as placed third in both contests.

Maybe I simply do not understand how the all time contests are counted or is there anything amiss in the code? Can anybody else check in their trophy list for such discrepancies, please?

View attachment 1432960 View attachment 1432961
BDMick you do like your stats and numbers :ROFLMAO:
I am sure you and Duckswim would have great conversations about percentages, statistics, probability, and other mathematical wonders.

Me, no interest in the numbers, never counted or wanted to know how many times with Amy, I just enjoy the ride, more interested in getting the actual rumpy-pumpy :p

Again would say a minor thing, but if Darkhound thinks it's worth the time to fix then he will have a look at it.

• Haha
Reactions: BDMick

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Anyone else can't open the game?

It starts normally but then it crashes... no error message, nothing. Even the old, 3.0 version does that now which it didn't before I get 3.1 version (in separate folder). It started OK yesterday and I managed to play it but then once I closed it it can never start again. And nothing I can think of help, including completely turning off the PC...

That is the only Ren'py game that I can't start. All the others start as they should.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
BDMick you do like your stats and numbers :ROFLMAO:
I am sure you and Duckswim would have great conversations about percentages, statistics, probability, and other mathematical wonders.

Me, no interest in the numbers, never counted or wanted to know how many times with Amy, I just enjoy the ride, more interested in getting the actual rumpy-pumpy :p

Again would say a minor thing, but if Darkhound thinks it's worth the time to fix then he will have a look at it.
You are spot on, I like numbers and statistics. There are so many interesting things you can do with them :)
Writing code/apps is also something I do. And if there are discrepancies in the front-end, these may point to (serious) issues in the underlying code/back-end. So from a developer's perspective, it is always good to point out such things. Darkhound will decide when and if he will fix it. And that is perfectly OK.

Noticing such things does not prevent me from very much enjoying the ride that is Holiday Island as I think you know. Best game ever. :love:

Reactions: MarsUltor and SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Anyone else can't open the game?

It starts normally but then it crashes... no error message, nothing. Even the old, 3.0 version does that now which it didn't before I get 3.1 version (in separate folder). It started OK yesterday and I managed to play it but then once I closed it it can never start again. And nothing I can think of help, including completely turning off the PC...

That is the only Ren'py game that I can't start. All the others start as they should.
Persistent file problem that has been documents many times now... have a look at this recent post...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-1-0-darkhound1.3782/post-6675680

4.00 star(s) 211 Votes