Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I can't finish Desire's missions at the University and Ivy's true strength. Is it correct or did I skip any point? I don't remember if Desire updated the mission for me the times I played Hot shot and I have seen the scene from Ivy where she shows me her strength
Ivy said " You cant advance this quest in the current version of the game"
If you missed something, it will be shown on the girl achievements/scenes/appointments as not unlocked.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hey guys sorry to bother but my old saves from version 0.1.9.0 dont work in v0.2.3.2 and if i try to put
call version_updates_0230() in the console it only shows syntax error and when i load a save the error screen pops up saying
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'cl_nemod_data_store' and on ignore the game starts from the beginning, is there any way to restore my old saves, sry if i seem stupid im not really technicly inept :D
Download and re apply the companion mod for the "cl_nemod_data" error.
If your game is updated to 0.2.3.0 the command should be something like : call version_updates_0232()

Reactions: Bantry

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
I see a lot of comments that the Puppet Master FAQ is a wall of text. I use Chrome and it's as simple as pressing F3 and looking for the girl I want if I can't do something.
I've been on the island for over 80 days (I thank Darkhound for removing the 3-month limit as I haven't met 5 of the girls yet, including Amy) and I alternate between the Puppet FAQ, Bantry's reissue, and the forum

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
OMG!! I'm looking at the DAZ page and the money you can spend creating a girl is dizzying.
I don't want to know how much money Darhound may have spent creating Yvette for example.
And then I see people asking for new girls Facepalm

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Just like to tell you about a situation that happens with AMY - she asked me to a date in her room to spend the night with her and then also asked me to meet her in the gym @23:00 the same night, not realizing that I could not do both as the room was booked for @20:00, this of course created a problem the next time I saw Amy
Should these types of invitations not be impossible?

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
OMG!! I'm looking at the DAZ page and the money you can spend creating a girl is dizzying.
I don't want to know how much money Darhound may have spent creating Yvette for example.
And then I see people asking for new girls Facepalm
The limiting factor in adding new girls is not monetary cost for an experienced Daz user.
It is time and in the case of (some) large games (HI is one) also the design.

How strong a constraint time is depends on the level of quality (Girls, Scenes, Assets) and customization aimed for.

Holiday Island these days run on good/excellent quality with high customization (The days of mass produced generic content mostly being consigned to the past).

This unsual high quality profile is due to being a project that takes the form of a game and not a game first and foremost. A new girl is therefore very "expensive" in time spent.

But that said, yes, the cost to build a base of assets is very large, at least for the serious 3D user. It is a costly undertaking the moment a person moves from "for fun", to actually meaning it.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Just like to tell you about a situation that happens with AMY - she asked me to a date in her room to spend the night with her and then also asked me to meet her in the gym @23:00 the same night, not realizing that I could not do both as the room was booked for @20:00, this of course created a problem the next time I saw Amy
Should these types of invitations not be impossible?
Happened to me too.
You can change the schedule of one of the appointment when the situation occurs.
In game explanation : it is your responsibility to "manager" the time you spend with the girls :)

Reactions: Bantry

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I swear if there is no Renee in Reddi-Whip bikini I will drink way too mcuh aand.. wait... Wonder Delizia? Not bad...

Damn you Bantry I need a clear head...
To help you stop drinking too much...
(WARNiNG THIS IMAGE CONTAINS DAIRY PRODUCTS)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
( This is FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )

Last edited:

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
Does it happen to someone else? Until I updated to 2.3.1 it looked fine. I have 2 like this. Sorry i don't remember the picture

screenshot0280.png

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
The limiting factor in adding new girls is not monetary cost for an experienced Daz user.
It is time and in the case of (some) large games (HI is one) also the design.

How strong a constraint time is depends on the level of quality (Girls, Scenes, Assets) and customization aimed for.

Holiday Island these days run on good/excellent quality with high customization (The days of mass produced generic content mostly being consigned to the past).

This unsual high quality profile is due to being a project that takes the form of a game and not a game first and foremost. A new girl is therefore very "expensive" in time spent.

But that said, yes, the cost to build a base of assets is very large, at least for the serious 3D user. It is a costly undertaking the moment a person moves from "for fun", to actually meaning it.
Oooo. Then the real fun. Lighting. I'm still obsessing over shadows, lumins etc etc

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
Well, it is exactly one year since my first fan art render.

One with poor Yvette riding a rickety witch broom through the Halloween night.
In a Denim Bikini of all things.

Classic newbie trying too much at once.

But, put in the hours since, an ocean of hours in fact and learned a lot, still learning.
Made a lot of renders and a lot of girls, some inspired by Darkhound's, some not.

But all that aside, I do owe Yvette and it has been one year.
About time I make it up to her ;) So here she is in a celebratory render,

One Year of Fan Art
View attachment 883497
Not a broom in sight and with her friend, Iris, close at hand.
What I love about your renderings and Darkhound's is that they don't look like dolls.
At no time do they put you in the uncanny valley like it happens to me with other renders
A fantastic job DuckSwim (y)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 2nd November 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.
There will be another bug fix soon (0.2.3.2). For details see below change log.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
104 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Aly gets a random event in her room, that involves cosplay --> still working on it
  • Natasha's arrival scene has been re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images have been added. The dialogue is now also completely different between the first and later arrival scenes --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette gets a new scene when she's standing in her door wearing just a towel --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weights at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Natasha gets two new sexting and three new dream images --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The phone gets a new character overview screen with more information and direct (1 click) access to all girl related data and achievements --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Two of Deliza's strength training appointments got the replay icon now. The third (and most interesting) one has been made repeatable in game --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Amy's hot private yoga workout has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Jennifer's night bar whiskey appointment has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where you provide her with a sperm sample has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where she invites you to stay the night has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Requirements on the achievements (like hearts, etc.) will also be shown when the achievement has already been done. This makes more sense, since almost everything is repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
Bug fixes
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
  • When you stayed awake until after 02:00, messages for missed appointment were still wrongfully send --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • attributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'image' during the save game update phase --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • Alice lost the achievements for the for the photo studio appointments --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • KeyError: u'what2' during Jessica's denim photo shooting --> fixed with 0.2.3.2

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3.2 beta --> available since 11th of october from the main page, or the links in this post:
0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020

But, put in the hours since, an ocean of hours in fact and learned a lot, still learning.
Made a lot of renders and a lot of girls, some inspired by Darkhound's, some not.

One Year of Fan Art
View attachment 883497
That's just impressive work Ducky.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018

One Year of Fan Art
View attachment 883497
tenor.png

Edit : Natasha update, get the lube at the ready !

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I brought her 2 days ago to give Desire her maid outfit. It's time to send her home and bring her back
Désiré in pink maid dress is one of my fav scene from her. Spectacular display of boobs (pool scene is better though, Natasha must be on the island too for it to trigger if I recall).

Reactions: Vince Red
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes