Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 26. of December 2020)

As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
345 additional renders, videos or sound files
48 updated renders

Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 06. of January 2021)

458 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

There are more than 100 additional renders, videos or sound files
Does this man not rest even at Christmas?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
The skip options in the preferences are not working, at least not for me. There is also no option to turn auto forward on.

And i dont wanna skip text per se, i just dont wanna click myself for every sentence or poker or any other little game update.
Poker feels especially bad since you have to click to get the action of the girl as in fold bet reaise or whatever and that should really be done automatically after you did your choice. The game feels broken and unresponsive like that.

And it is damaging to the index finger having to make that many clicks in a game. I knew someone who had to switch to one of those ball thingys as his hand became damaged from playing too much diablo.

As for the support i know that chances are slim that something like this will change this late into development.
But if noone complains or asks theirs even less chance something is changing.

And having options on the preferences that are disfunctional isnt ok imo and i dont believe that it is very hard or complicated nor impossible to make these options work and change a bit or the gameplay action structure.

But i dont wanna spent more time on this if this isnt happening fine, i just wanted to bring this up as i thought this would be beneficial for all players.
The skip option works fine.
It must be on your end.
I cheat Poker so no comment.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
There are more than 100 additional renders, videos or sound files
Does this man not rest even at Christmas?
Santa's elves were/are available after Christmas, but the problem is they suck at Daz3D even worse than I do. Still, they provide comic relief for darkhound1 and DuckSwim, so it's not a complete waste of time to use them.

HI girls.jpg

Can you name these Holiday Island girls?

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Vince Red and SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
No, no, no, you have not been paying attention. These 3, are the elves' attempt a the new special characters. Consequentially, the update was setback an unknown number of weeks.
I am slightly worried about the girl in the middle...
Her boobs look like coat hooks :eek:
Maybe that's why she has a worried look on her face.

Rain90

Oct 26, 2019
I've been reading and searching but can't find the answer. How do you toggle between intimate actions and the actions you can do in that location? As soon as I press intimate I'm stuck and can't do anything but the intimate things... Android user here

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 07. of January 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).

The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
458 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • We finally get access to the secret research lab, where two new special characters are introduced --> still working on it
  • Alice gets a quest for some new lingerie, some sexting images and a new achievement --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette gets a quest for some new lingerie, some sexting images and a new achievement --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The MC gets an X-Ray at the doctor's office, Miriam provides some distraction, and permission to enter the secret underground lab is granted --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Desire gets a new arrival scene that replaces the old one --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette's pole dance scene has been completely redone with high res images. It has two achievements now and is completely non generic --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Aly gets a random event in her room with three achievements, that involves different cosplays and some intimate actions --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • A new special action (pose butt) has been added for Amy, Alice and Jessica. More character will follow later --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets a second arrival scene with a new "on the plane" story and some additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha's arrival scene has been re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images have been added. The dialogue is now also completely different between the first and later arrival scenes --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette gets a new scene when she's standing in her door wearing just a towel --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weights at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • You get access to the girls' profile pages through your phone. That's the one with the about section and the four preview images on the right --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The girls' phone preview picture can be changed directly from the new overview screen --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • You can remove the gap between the picture frames in the new player room now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Image quality when special actions like groping etc. are shown on the phone has been improved --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets two new sexting and three new dream images --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The phone gets a new character overview screen with more information and direct (1 click) access to all girl related data and achievements --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Bug fixes
  • When you already have an appointment for the next day and stay up until after 02:00, none of the actions in the player room is useable --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hey all!

After placing nice erotica mod in game folder no old saves are loading and also if i'd start a new game i'm only able to get past the plane scene and error occures again.
i did place an empty text file and named it 'use_fixed_resolution_720.txt' still no luck.
Any ideas?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1279, in execute
File "game/script.rpy", line 1282, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2336, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2338, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2339, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 9, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 11, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 33, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 36, in keywords
NameError: name 'nemod_start_py' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/intro.rpyc", line 441, in script call
�|�4�Q���w��߽A~���oA�m��.�X��b>�Y�I]�d�w���=�ʲS�VY���>���g�͢"sk�j���C٬�^[�}�E��Dg��O����|��^"����/Y���x��Bl����qbMT�Y��q�H�+��d��n��ܫ_����N�_�_�<6tw2�׺v-p|0����C�����r�m~O�Uq��?��D��‿@�W�!��c��E�,�/�%W���on
File "game/loc_reception.rpyc", line 9, in script
�+ N�&��Q۪� G`40S� 5#o�oCt�I�����G���#�:�ƿn�%RF���eȰd���y �XmѭJYA��rtu�s�D��"� t�bm�3�c ��T[��h� ��4X4�L�+����c#�Y[Y�1¹1��X,�Z} 8ީ���r����V�h��
File "game/intro.rpyc", line 441, in script call
�|�4�Q���w��߽A~���oA�m��.�X��b>�Y�I]�d�w���=�ʲS�VY���>���g�͢"sk�j���C٬�^[�}�E��Dg��O����|��^"����/Y���x��Bl����qbMT�Y��q�H�+��d��n��ܫ_����N�_�_�<6tw2�׺v-p|0����C�����r�m~O�Uq��?��D��‿@�W�!��c��E�,�/�%W���on
File "game/loc_reception.rpyc", line 9, in script
�+ N�&��Q۪� G`40S� 5#o�oCt�I�����G���#�:�ƿn�%RF���eȰd���y �XmѭJYA��rtu�s�D��"� t�bm�3�c ��T[��h� ��4X4�L�+����c#�Y[Y�1¹1��X,�Z} 8ީ���r����V�h��
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 671, in execute
statement_name("say")
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 45, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 98, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show()
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 60, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1601, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2251, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\Acer\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1282, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2338, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2339, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 9, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 11, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 33, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 36, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 36, in <module>
NameError: name 'nemod_start_py' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Thu Jan 07 06:53:54 2021
Firstly DO NOT copy and paste a traceback report, just attach the file, its very long an not everyone needs to look at it and have to scroll past it to the next post ;)

The nice erotica mod is no longer an up to date mod, maybe try using the Companion Mod

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 214 Votes