Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yes it's past day 45.
So you've jogged on the beach at 10:00hrs and nothing triggered. How's you stats? Endurance, etc. What quests are open and not completed? Hard to say without seeing your actual game play.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
instead of rené a black screen ... how fix it?
Have you tried unplugging your computer and restarting? Seriously, we have no idea where in the game you are or what scene/event/appointment, etc. you are talking about. A little more information would be helpful.

MagnusSvetsson

Jul 10, 2018
So you've jogged on the beach at 10:00hrs and nothing triggered. How's you stats? Endurance, etc. What quests are open and not completed? Hard to say without seeing your actual game play.
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]
in general, the rené does not work. instead of all images, a black screen when I return it to the island, text and a bunch of black screens)

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Little concerned about how 80% of the reviews come off as advertisements for the game, sounding more promotional than personal. Is it really that good or are they fake reviews? I remember trying this a while back and it was a little too grindy and the body types were all too similar, but recent reviews make it sound like the second cumming of christ. Should I give it another shot?
I felt the same way. I really wanted to like this game and in the beginning I did. However the longer I played through it, the more I felt it wasn't really telling anything of a story. Yeah I realize the head of the island is running a lab and experimenting on some of the girls, but that's about all it's telling. There is no buildup that anything momentous or even worthwhile is going to happen. Even with the back stories of some of the girls it just doesn't feel like much because all it does is tell you of events that happened before you even play the game and you have no interaction with. Then the rest of the time all you are trying to do is get multiple events to happen with every girl where most don't even have anything to do with the story. I don't mind games where you have to grind, but what's the point if most of your grinding doesn't even involve the main story. As a whole the game just feels too disjointed to me and doesn't connect everything in a well oiled manner. The graphics are top notch and most of the women look great, but in the end it's always the story that does it for me. Without a compelling narrative it's just pretty pictures with some branching ideas that don't really wind up going anywhere or connecting.

Reactions: ringo66

x23

Jan 25, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A sandbox game is not a visual novel. If you don't like the grind just use the mod tool. I don't care for the grind either actually.
VN is closer to tv/movie than an actual game. They show you the story, which follows the basic rule "show, don't tell."
This sandbox game is a GAME, and for games the general rule is "do, don't show." Its meant to be interactive entertainment, not passive like a novel or tv. A good game doesn't tell you the story, you make it yourself as you play. YOU are the story.

I get that you said you aren't into this type of thing, and that's cool, but this game isn't meant to just hand you a narrative. It's very good at what it is. Your criticism basically reads like " Why isn't this dog a cat? I prefer cats."

There's plenty of room for both.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
mt2007 post sound more like a review than anything else, which begs the question, Why post it here, within the thread where it will get lost in a couple more posts, as opposed to putting it in the actual review thread?

Oct 29, 2018
Holiday Island 0.3.0.0 beta has been released

Hello guys and gals,

testing for 0.3.0.0 has been finished and the new version is now available for everyone.

The update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0.0 has 1095 new renders, videos and sound files and 61 updated renders.
Most of the new stuff is in ".webp" format and at least 1920x1080 resolution (almost all in 2560x1440), which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.3.0.0 beta
:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.

!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full 0.3.0.0 beta from these links (they are also on the main page):

Windows/Linux version:

Mega
OR
Google Drive

Mac version:
Mega
OR
Google Drive

Android version:
Since I can't relese bug fixes (or any partial updates) for Android, the first (and only) Android version for 0.3.0.x will be 0.3.0.1
If all goes as planned, it will be released in a couple of days. Thank you for your understanding.

Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the existing game folder from an older version!

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

Happy playing!
Darkhound
What a fantastic surprise, thanks to Darkhound and crew!

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Holiday Island [v0.3.0.0 Beta] [darkhound1] crunched

Original Size PC: 1,84 GB
Original Size Mac: 1,81 GB

Compressed Size PC: 845 MB
HolidayIsland-0.3.0.0-pc-crunched.7z: -

Compressed Size Mac: 821 MB
HolidayIsland-0.3.0.0-mac-crunched.7z: -

Patch to v0.3.0.1 (crunched version only): 26,1 MB
Holiday_Island_update_to_0301-crunched.7z:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1b (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
There are two, but both can be seen regardless of Aly being your plane girl.

The scenes FROM the plane are unique to Aly being the plane girl, but those cross saves so you can get it in a different play-through.

Now, back to Renee as my first receptionist, with Yvette as my plane girl. I'm already asking for trouble :)
Make sure you hide the knives!

vic2670

Jan 18, 2018
After closing the game, it won't reopen anymore. No error message or crash, I click the HI.exe and nothing happens (I see the program opening in Task manager's background process but it shutdowns immediately). A fresh reinstall doesn't solve the issue, nor does rebooting my PC. The game was working fine before update. I've tried the search option but I haven't found any answers. I've only got this log. Ty for the help!

My specs if that helps:
Windows 10
Radeon RX 580 Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
16GB 2667MHz DDR4 Memory

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
After closing the game, it won't reopen anymore. No error message or crash, I click the HI.exe and nothing happens (I see the program opening in Task manager's background process but it shutdowns immediately). A fresh reinstall doesn't solve the issue, nor does rebooting my PC. The game was working fine before update. I've tried the search option but I haven't found any answers. I've only got this log. Ty for the help!

My specs if that helps:
Windows 10
Radeon RX 580 Series
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 GHz
16GB 2667MHz DDR4 Memory
It's a stab in the dark, but any chance you are clicking on the wrong HI.exe file? One is 64 bit and one is 32 bit. If you're sure you are using the correct one, try this ... First you need a backup of the game and any save files you have. 'Save' are in their own folder found under the game folder. Copy the saves folder somewhere you can find it again. Desktop, thumb drive, another hard drive, etc. Now go to your 'C' drive and find the 'Users' folder and within that the one with your name. Within that folder will be a folder named 'AppData' (You must have show hidden folders enabled) and within 'AppData' is a folder 'Renpy'. Almost there. Within 'Renpy' will be a folder Island-xxxxxxxxxx. Delete that folder and try restarting the game. The folder you just deleted is the first folder the game examines to see if there are any saves, etc. When it doesn't find said folder it will create a new one. The reason you created a backup copy of your 'Saves' folder is should you have to do another clean install you won't have lost them. Good luck.

Reactions: ZenGarden
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes