norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Eight hours later and Holiday Island is still the newest game update on this site. I think everyone is too busy playing it to post anything else. It even got me to stop lurking.

Children, this is how you break the internet.
I have tons of games from the site but since a very long time I only play two, Holiday Island and Anna Exciting Affection...

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
It's a stab in the dark, but any chance you are clicking on the wrong HI.exe file? One is 64 bit and one is 32 bit. If you're sure you are using the correct one, try this ... First you need a backup of the game and any save files you have. 'Save' are in their own folder found under the game folder. Copy the saves folder somewhere you can find it again. Desktop, thumb drive, another hard drive, etc. Now go to your 'C' drive and find the 'Users' folder and within that the one with your name. Within that folder will be a folder named 'AppData' (You must have show hidden folders enabled) and within 'AppData' is a folder 'Renpy'. Almost there. Within 'Renpy' will be a folder Island-xxxxxxxxxx. Delete that folder and try restarting the game. The folder you just deleted is the first folder the game examines to see if there are any saves, etc. When it doesn't find said folder it will create a new one. The reason you created a backup copy of your 'Saves' folder is should you have to do another clean install you won't have lost them. Good luck.
On 64 bit system both will work. On 32 only the 32.

Reactions: junior366

blablubiblub

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure what's militant about "I don't like it, so I'm not putting it in" but I'm glad he doesn't. It's not something I'm interested in either.
If I remember correctly, he answered a patron asking for it that he can go to prison to get at the anal he wants

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
If I remember correctly, he answered a patron asking for it that he can go to prison to get at the anal he wants
So, this game have butt contest, and don't have anal, I completely understand someone doesn't like it, like myself, hating impregnation, but it's avoidable in most games, you don't like it, you skip it.

Reactions: Bantry

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
Apologies to darkhound, it was Bantry who said that in this very thread. Over 1.5 years can fog your memory.
Kudos for owning an error, not many do so online. I agree with MonsieurX; that would have been very out of character for Darkhound.

We may not agree on the anal thing but your good manners are very refreshing, good on you!

Reactions: blablubiblub

blablubiblub

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah since that post was answered by someone else with "that's a measured response from a dev" my brain falsely memorized "dev of Holiday Island was anal about anal".

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes