Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an island somewhere in the Pacific...

Homecoming

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Love
Reactions: junior366

vic2670

Jan 18, 2018
It's a stab in the dark, but any chance you are clicking on the wrong HI.exe file? One is 64 bit and one is 32 bit. If you're sure you are using the correct one, try this ... First you need a backup of the game and any save files you have. 'Save' are in their own folder found under the game folder. Copy the saves folder somewhere you can find it again. Desktop, thumb drive, another hard drive, etc. Now go to your 'C' drive and find the 'Users' folder and within that the one with your name. Within that folder will be a folder named 'AppData' (You must have show hidden folders enabled) and within 'AppData' is a folder 'Renpy'. Almost there. Within 'Renpy' will be a folder Island-xxxxxxxxxx. Delete that folder and try restarting the game. The folder you just deleted is the first folder the game examines to see if there are any saves, etc. When it doesn't find said folder it will create a new one. The reason you created a backup copy of your 'Saves' folder is should you have to do another clean install you won't have lost them. Good luck.
It worked, thanks!

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
After closing the game, it won't reopen anymore. No error message or crash, I click the HI.exe and nothing happens (I see the program opening in Task manager's background process but it shutdowns immediately). A fresh reinstall doesn't solve the issue, nor does rebooting my PC. The game was working fine before update. I've tried the search option but I haven't found any answers. I've only got this log. Ty for the help!
I had the same problem. I tried both 64 & 32 bit starts. I reinstalled. I restarted. Nothing happening.
I thought it was unren & adding the blank text file that did it but maybe not. I had a strange way to fix it.
I loaded 2.3.2 version of the game and that let me start the new version.
Sounds like voodoo, but try it & see.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: junior366

WDr

Nov 3, 2017
is there any way to NOT get aly as the plane girl? I prefer to not even have her on the island, but no matter what convo I try, she is always the plane girl now...

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I bought eyeliner, & it didn't show up in my inventory.
Anyone else have this happen?
Could it be a timing issue?
I started the game again.

Meghead

Apr 28, 2021
I have a question about poker, is it avoidable? i fucking hate this game(even in RDR2) so im not missing some important scenes if i skip poker?

Fessups

Nov 4, 2017
How long till the Companion mod for Holiday Island 0.3.x.x be ready? Or the 0.2.x.x works fine with new version? Thanx for info.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
is there any way to NOT get aly as the plane girl? I prefer to not even have her on the island, but no matter what convo I try, she is always the plane girl now...
The problem is you must start a new game. So normal you have one plane girl and all other plane girl scenes are locked.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes