DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Game
Yumiko's challenge (not to be confused with a problem) is that she is the first Asian Darkhound ever made.
She is more of a unique prototype than anything else.

Her content is defined by being a side character and to some degree a very early staff prototype too.
The proto combos makes her hard to predict.

Sex? She is herself highly sexed, so probably, at some point, when or where it suits.

Daz (not game)
Here one could of course ponder whether a prototype remake, Yumiko ver. 2022, is an option to "reroll" her fate.
But,

(1) Good Asian assets are rare, so their evolution is not entirely likely to produce the "same" girl ex. Yumiko version X might not produce "Yumiko"

(2) Remakes need to be really good, they take a lot of time.

So Yumiko is a possible (due to prototype) but not obvious (due to asian) candidate.
Her current evolutions are also a good practical example of it.

Yumiko Evolution, early Akari branch
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yumiko Evolution, Late Akari branch

Yumiko Evolution, Akari Sakura branch

So they tend to turn into new girl types (when I tinker that is)

Note.
Summer and nothing else was happening so I felt like thinking out loud a bit on the Daz side of Yumiko evolution since she was mentioned. This is just a Daz walk through where Yumiko thoughts lead me over time.

The usual Darkhound decides the game disclaimers applies for anything related to the game itself.

Last edited:

bigtraps123

Jun 10, 2021
Game
Yumiko's challenge (not to be confused with a problem) is that she is the first Asian Darkhound ever made.

Her content is defined by being a side character and to some degree a very early staff prototype too.

Sex? She is herself highly sexed, so probably, at some point, when or where it suits.

Daz (not game)
Here one could of course ponder whether a prototype remake, Yumiko ver. 2022, is an option to "reroll" her fate.
But,

(1) Good Asian assets are rare, so their evolution is not entirely likely to produce the "same" girl ex. Yumiko version X might not produce "Yumiko"

So Yumiko is a possible (due to prototype) but not obvious (due to asian) candidate.

Yumiko Evolution, Sakura branch

Note.
Summer and nothing else was happening so I felt like thinking out loud a bit on the Daz side of Yumiko evolution since she was mentioned. This is just a Daz walk through where Yumiko thoughts lead me over time.

The usual Darkhound decides the game disclaimers applies for anything related to the game itself.
man working out makes those girls instantly so much sexier for me!

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Speaking of Yumiko,

One girl, does not move that much, should be easy to keep track of right?
Let's find out quiz.

Yumiko Sakura, Yumiko and Sakura, valid way to state names?

Speaking of Yumiko, is this woman in the game?

If Yumiko referred to herself as a hybrid, nonsense or stating a fact?

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Game

Daz (not game)
But,

Yumiko Evolution, Akari Sakura branch

Note.

These Yumiko evolution renders are truly magnificent, and your posts have piqued my curiosity...

Is "Akari" the name of a Daz Studios-produced character, or a 3rd party Daz character, or a variant name you have assigned to this character? The only Akari I can find at Daz3D is a G8F character that doesn't look like Yumiko, and I seem to recall reading that the Game characters are G3F girls (some may have originated as G2F, but I think have been subsequently updated to G3F).

I agree that there are some challenges related to producing visually appealing Asian Daz characters, and that good Asian assets are indeed rare, noting that my Daz character production skills are borderline intermediate at best, in comparison to your and Darkhound's highly advanced skills. I did an experiment with producing a variety of "Holiday Island-esque" Asian characters (see below), and determined that none of them are "ready for prime time" or even theoretically suitable candidates for prototypes of future Game special characters; at least not without extensive revision. Some of that may be due to my mediocre Daz skills, but I think it still illustrates the issue.

I have run into similar issues with trying to produce satisfactory dark-skinned Daz characters. I invariably run into rendering issues and problems getting good skin detail.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
These Yumiko evolution renders are truly magnificent, and your posts have piqued my curiosity...

Is "Akari" the name of a Daz Studios-produced character, or a 3rd party Daz character, or a variant name you have assigned to this character? The only Akari I can find at Daz3D is a G8F character that doesn't look like Yumiko, and I seem to recall reading that the Game characters are G3F girls (some may have originated as G2F, but I think have been subsequently updated to G3F).

I agree that there are some challenges related to producing visually appealing Asian Daz characters, and that good Asian assets are indeed rare, noting that my Daz character production skills are borderline intermediate at best, in comparison to your and Darkhound's highly advanced skills. I did an experiment with producing a variety of "Holiday Island-esque" Asian characters (see below), and determined that none of them are "ready for prime time" or even theoretically suitable candidates for prototypes of future Game special characters; at least not without extensive revision. Some of that may be due to my mediocre Daz skills, but I think it still illustrates the issue.

I have run into similar issues with trying to produce satisfactory dark-skinned Daz characters. I invariably run into rendering issues and problems getting good skin detail.
Name
Akari is just a name I assigned to her.

Assets
Most textures I use are mixed and then PS'ed before actual Daz use, their Daz originals are therefore raw materials not really direct use assets. Some very old girls do it different.

Blacks and Asian
The approach is plain horrible for Asians of course.
They hate mixing (eyes, eyebrows) and what not

Blacks just defy lighting in general and since they are unpopular they have asset starvation on top.
Though one can cheat (change a white texture to a black in PS, unlimited supply).

Your examples
Think they are okay starting points.

The classic style is honestly super expensive in time, years. For most it is usually better to experiment with the default and then strike for some shader experiments when one feels a girl is a keeper.

Genesis
The game generally uses G3F as its base, though they can have different origins ex. (Faye) is ancient.
I also use G3F, despite starting far into the G8F age.

But would not recommend others to do so at this time, G3F is a legacy base, not alive anymore when it comes to new assets. So that involves a lot conversion and tinkering. Unless of one really wants to go for the classic pinup style of course, then sure why not.

Okay getting off topic,
1658424266741.png
Samantha says "Get back to the basics Duckswim"
Yes Ma'am, will do

Last edited:

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Name
Akari is just a name I assigned to her.

Assets
Most textures I use are mixed and then PS'ed before actual Daz use, their Daz originals are therefore raw materials not really direct use assets. Some very old girls do it different.

Blacks and Asian
The approach is plain horrible for Asians of course.
They hate mixing (eyes, eyebrows) and what not

Blacks just defy lighting in general and since they are unpopular they have asset starvation on top.
Though one can cheat (change a white texture to a black in PS, unlimited supply).

Your examples
Think they are okay starting points.

The classic style is honestly super expensive in time, years. For most it is usually better to experiment with the default and then strike for some shader experiments when one feels a girl is a keeper.

Genesis
The game generally uses G3F as its base, though they can have different origins ex. (Faye) is ancient.
I also use G3F, despite starting far into the G8F age.

But would not recommend others to do so at this time, G3F is a legacy base, not alive anymore when it comes to new assets. So that involves a lot conversion and tinkering. Unless of course one really wants to go for the classic pinup style of course, then sure why not.

Okay getting off topic,
View attachment 1937747
Samantha says "Get back to the basics Duckswim"
Yes Ma'am, will do
If Samantha is the one in the middle, in a word "DAMN!!!!", but to be fair, all three are smoking hot!!!

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I think Yvette needs a partner in crime to raise Hell on the island, but that's just me!!!
Oh I reckon there are more on team Sam.

Especially older Darkhound fans, Sam always was very popular and the best of the trio who dominated things way into Jessica's arrival.

And she is my favorite Darkhound girl (surprise, it is not Yvette) so there is that too.

But, given her pedigree Sam would be a ultra prestige girl.
So she'd not do random old resort and she'd be expensive, even as special.

Darkhound would need to declare a lot of old girls as legacy first.
Tell him he can tag anyone below Alice, then negotiate if he seems interested ;)

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Oh I reckon there are more on team Sam.

Especially older Darkhound fans, Sam always was very popular and the best of the trio who dominated things way into Jessica's arrival.

And she is my favorite Darkhound girl (surprise, it is not Yvette) so there is that too.

But, given her pedigree Sam would be a ultra prestige girl.
So she'd not do random old resort and she'd be expensive, even as special.

Darkhound would need to declare a lot of old girls as legacy first.
Tell him he can tag anyone below Alice, then negotiate if he seems interested ;)
Well, she did get mentioned in Aly's costume tryout scene, so there's always hope!!!

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well, she did get mentioned in Aly's costume tryout scene, so there's always hope!!!
I already tried everything from,

Pure fun
  • You like Sam, I like Sam, Everybody else will go nuts (when 10 girls are retired for her)
  • it is what win-win always wanted to be, win-win-win.
Boob logic
  • Faye, Natasha and Aly are old, tragic really (remember to shake your head sadly here).
  • Btw How is Sam these days?
Yvette with blonde sugar on top,
  • Loan you Iris, Yvette is happy
  • You add Sam, Yvette is happy, twice!
So remember to mix it up and poker face when you try
And if all fails, use this,
Yeah, he thinks Yvette forgot that, she didn't :D

Last edited:

desastre7

Nov 25, 2021
Another thing I'm noticing is there weren't any sounds during the sex scenes until playing halfway through the game. Now it looks like there are. Any fix for this?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Another thing I'm noticing is there weren't any sounds during the sex scenes until playing halfway through the game. Now it looks like there are. Any fix for this?
Not really. You have to remember the game is over 4 years old. Sound wasn't added until a couple years ago. Chances are the scenes you are talking about were a part of early game development.

Jul 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

First time poster and wanted to say to DarkHound, DuckSwim and all, thank you for a great game. I've lurked here for well over 2 years and played the game for a little more than that. Love the graphics and girls. I have played it without issue (just jinxed myself) on Mac and though many have issues, I haven't even when adding the various fixes or extras (think the mods). Looking forward to my favourite girls v3.6 updates (I'm a Mercedes and new Ivy camp person). Though were my mind to run away with naughty thoughts, Heather being a red-head, steals my loins and any mind I might have trying to fight not descending into adolescent activities. :)

I know DarkHound is not going to entertain anal for the ladies; but I would say, were it to ever happen, Aly and Yvette would be main ladies to have such fun with, and add Jessica, Sara or Joy for a threesome, well I'm off to heaven...

Love the game and keep the hard work up.

Oct 26, 2017
I know DarkHound is not going to entertain anal for the ladies; but I would say, were it to ever happen, Aly and Yvette would be main ladies to have such fun with, and add Jessica, Sara or Joy for a threesome, well I'm off to heaven...

Love the game and keep the hard work up.
Someone should make a mod for anal. I mean how hard can it be to do that.

I am willing to gave who ever try this all support I can give(this excludes monetary, technical, art, programming, testing or moral support)

(if not clear this is sarcasm but anal mod would be sweet, and some of us would appreciate normal size(but still big) tits mod :p)

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
To continue on Yumiko evolution I really like Vina Sky. Just as an idea for potential future characters. (For non Asian Veronica Leal)

Now question for DarkHound:
have you tried one of those DALI algorithms. Can something like that help you create more and faster
Here is link to how to do your own data set:

I have no idea how hard or even possible this is in your case.
I plan to look in to this, but as of now have no skills in it

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Someone should make a mod for anal. I mean how hard can it be to do that.

I am willing to gave who ever try this all support I can give(this excludes monetary, technical, art, programming, testing or moral support)

(if not clear this is sarcasm but anal mod would be sweet, and some of us would appreciate normal size(but still big) tits mod :p)
Taste will be taste.
But that aside,

Ren'Py games do not have a graphics engine, it is pre-rendered images, mods therefore do not make sense, they are non-applicable outside of code or text as there is no engine nor 3D model to mod.

Change to a static image involves redoing it.
Usually by the developer.

Would take about 6.000 hrs for the full game and around 200 hrs for an average girl (which would be followed by a girl's immediate removal from the game due to double up costs for all old and future content.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0360.jpg

Version 0.3.6 - development news (updated 23th of July 2022)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.6).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.5.1.
The next main release is 0.3.6 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
An incremental update to 0.3.5.1 will be released soon for Windows, Linux and Mac. Also a full update for Android version 0.3.5.1 will be released soon.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.5.0 to 0.3.6.0 has:
609 additional renders, videos or sound files
224 updated renders

New features and content
  • Lacey gets a remade pecs training scene --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Lacey gets a workout yoga scene --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Lacey gets a scene at the gym shower --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Lacey's regular arrival scene will be remade --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Lacey's pole dance scene has been extended and split into two achievements --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Lacey gets a plane girl arrival scene --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Lacey gets a new plane girl scene --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Sara takes our hero back to the surface after his chat with Mia --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • The MC chats some more with Mia after Sara has taken the blood sample --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Sara takes a blood sample from the MC down at the underground lab --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Jessica gets a lapdance poker reward add-on with a happy ending and a new sexting --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Jessica's poker play scene is remade --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Ivy visits the MC in his room after the breast bump event and she poses for him --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Ivy gets an improved breast bump event with new renders and four achievements --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Lacey gets a remade pull-ups scene and a short quest for strength training --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Lacey will be replaced by a new and very much improved version. All her character sprites are remade and she gets some new outfits --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • The MC chats with Mia and gets a MRI for his ankle --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Daniela does a MRI on Mia and the MC meets Mia for the first time --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Sara picks up the MC at his room for a checkup on his ankle --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Aly gets a workout shower scene with a happy ending for the MC --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Aly gets a remade and very much improved workout bench press scene with three achievements --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Delizia gets new sperm congestion problem scenes for both of her nurse outfits --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • You will be able to ask Yvette to go to the sauna with you. She will get a short walk to and enter the sauna sequence. --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The manage dream images screen has been adjusted to look like the Easter Egg screen --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
  • Yvette gets new high res character sprites for her swimwear, including emotions --> will be part of 0.3.6.0
Bug fixes
  • Alice breast type still showed unknown after a walk on the beach with her --> will be fixed with 0.3.6.0
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.3.6.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.3.6.0 --> no idea yet

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes