darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I flipped the mentioned variables and you were right Mia's achievements are 0/2. Which is odd as my own registration shows that at some point I was at 2/2. That also means that Mia must have been visible in the phone, how could I otherwise know it was 2/2, right? So apparently something went wrong after that but I have no idea when.

Edit: I would suspect that a release level-up init after the checkup reset everything related to Mia when it shouldn't have.
Edit2: I went into my collection of saves and loaded a 3.6.0 into 3.8.1 code and Mia is there at 2/2. But loading a 3.7.0 save she is gone, so the problem happened going from 3.6.0 to 3.7.0. I don't have the level-up code from that time anymore, but you probably have.
Edit3: I narrowed it down further. I found a 3.6.1 save and Mia is gone there too. So it likely happened during update from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1. At least the level-up is the only logical place where I expect a reset of a girl to be. It makes no sense anywhere else in the game I think.
Edit4: restoring Mia will take some work. She's completely wiped. After flipping the variables in 3.8.1 checking on her finds everything gone in the phone. No access to subdermal (there was in 3.6.0) and when asking the doctor no possibility to get Mia's subdermal either.
One one hand I have checked the code and couldn't find anything that would reset Mia. On the other hand, I also have save games that have the same problems with Mia.
But for me after setting her values to True, I could go to the doctor and get her quest. Probably because I have just changed her values using teh console.
Check if you have done her "eh sperm quest". Try this in the console:
player.get_quest_state("enhanced_hl_sperm", mia)
If it returns 100
input the following in the console to reactivate her subdermal hacking:
mia.monitoring_sub_dermal_hacked = True

To get her quest back, type (only do this if: sara.get_event_seen("lab_ac1_bloodsample") returns True):
mia.add_event_seen("lab_ac1_bloodsample")
mia.add_event_seen("lab_ac1_MRI")

I have also added those lines of code to the save game patcher for 0.4.0.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
One one hand I have checked the code and couldn't find anything that would reset Mia. On the other hand, I also have save games that have the same problems with Mia.
But for me after setting her values to True, I could go to the doctor and get her quest. Probably because I have just changed her values using teh console.
Check if you have done her "eh sperm quest". Try this in the console:
player.get_quest_state("enhanced_hl_sperm", mia)
If it returns 100
input the following in the console to reactivate her subdermal hacking:
mia.monitoring_sub_dermal_hacked = True

To get her quest back, type (only do this if: sara.get_event_seen("lab_ac1_bloodsample") returns True):
mia.add_event_seen("lab_ac1_bloodsample")
mia.add_event_seen("lab_ac1_MRI")

I have also added those lines of code to the save game patcher for 0.4.0.
Thanks, that all worked. Now I only need to get her hacking level back from 1 to 3. 1693322295687.png 1693322364301.png

Reactions: luisar018

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
So, I've just updated to the 3.8.1 from the 3.6.1 and was a bit put out to see a whole bunch of things being removed or re-set. As it's been a long while since I saw or did those things it makes it a little difficult to re-do them as was suggested. I'll just have to accept they are not going to affect the rest of the game play (or deal with it later if they do).
A couple of questions have come to mind though.
1) how do I increase the 'favor' stats? And what is it for anyway?
2) how do I find Miriam? I can usually find her sister easily enough, but I don't see them on the list of rooms available to visit and I don't know what she does or where she (Miriam) does it.

thanks

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
A couple of questions have come to mind though.
1) how do I increase the 'favor' stats? And what is it for anyway?
2) how do I find Miriam? I can usually find her sister easily enough, but I don't see them on the list of rooms available to visit and I don't know what she does or where she (Miriam) does it.

thanks
Favor is the ingame currency, give sperm samples to the doc or play poker with Joy (she sends invits).
Miriam : you can't visit her in her room yet, she is the beach life guard, you can find her there.
If not already done, hack Miriam sub dermal implant.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
MarsUltor ; good thing that I only wrote about....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Depends...well, like to think You do NOT wear "Depends"(not a vision i wish to see EVER)... Butt,
What kind of Fecal matter last nites feast like, was there Pineapple with HAWT-Sauce on Yummi's Pizza?
The flow of excrement from a Holiday Island Special Pizza may have varied results of different um....

Not to sound shitty butt, should we pull out the excrement chart?

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Favor is the ingame currency, give sperm samples to the doc or play poker with Joy (she sends invits).
Miriam : you can't visit her in her room yet, she is the beach life guard, you can find her there.
If not already done, hack Miriam sub dermal implant.
for 'favor' though, each girl has a different amount in their statistics, so I'm not clear how collecting company favor equates to upgrading the favor in a girls stats (like we do for things like Lust, Affection or Love)

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
for 'favor' though, each girl has a different amount in their statistics, so I'm not clear how collecting company favor equates to upgrading the favor in a girls stats (like we do for things like Lust, Affection or Love)
Favor isn't a stat. It's literally a currency. You get Favor, you can by items for yourself or items to help you with the girls (like sunscreen).

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Hello, I tried adding a blank txt file called "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt" (no quotes) in ~/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/HolidayIsland-0.3.8.0-pc/game,
but I still get the following crash. Any advice? Thank you!

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 33, in set
    def set(self, name, value):
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "options.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "/home/xyz/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2508, in execute
    self.set()
  File "/home/xyz/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2526, in set
    ns.set(self.varname, value)
  File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 33, in set
    def set(self, name, value):
  File "/home/xyz/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/defaultstore.py", line 101, in __setattr__
    raise Exception('config.%s is not a known configuration variable.' % (name))
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

Linux-5.15.0-82-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Holiday Island 0.3.8.0
Fri Sep  1 19:52:12 2023

Mar 16, 2018
Each girl does have a favor stat, in addition to the "Company Favor" currency Evil13 was talking about. From what I remember, to increase a girl's individual favor:
- Win at poker, and give them back their clothes 'for a later favor'
- At the pool, put on sunscreen when they are in the lounge chairs (without getting pervy)
- Help them bench press at the gym
- When you turn in sperm samples, I think you also get individual favor with the girl whom you give it to.

I'm sure there are others, and some of these might not be correct, but I'm pretty sure at least some of them work.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: MrD812

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Each girl does have a favor stat, in addition to the "Company Favor" currency Evil13 was talking about. From what I remember, to increase a girl's individual favor:
- Win at poker, and give them back their clothes 'for a latter favor'
- At the pool, put on sunscreen when they are in the lounge chairs (without getting pervy)
- Help them bench press at the gym
- When you turn in sperm samples, I think you also get individual favor with the girl whom you give it to.

I'm sure there are others, and some of these might not be correct, but I'm pretty sure at least some of them work.
ahh, right, thanks for that, that's what I needed to know.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Favor isn't a stat. It's literally a currency. You get Favor, you can by items for yourself or items to help you with the girls (like sunscreen).
I refer you to the other reply I had from 'aaaaaabaaaaa' (hopefully spelled that right

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
OK, I must have missed something.
I have a quest with Lacey to ask her about her first bikini contest, but it says she has to be wearing a green dress.
Is there a trigger for a green dress. I haven't seen her in one, so, is it only on a specific night?

Sane82

Aug 23, 2022
faye must have low love level

and follow same way to shower unlock
I don't even wanna talk about how many times I repeated this event because I thought I did something wrong every single time until I finally gave up and look for that lol
Thank you, you are a life saver

Reactions: Monsieur X

Elde

Feb 11, 2020
Hi people ! anyone know how far are we to the "complete" tag ? i wanna play this game again but if you say it will be finish within in a few update i will wait a bit :p

• Haha
Reactions: junior366

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
re-posted as I still can't find the requested green dress :-

OK, I must have missed something.
I have a quest with Lacey to ask her about her first bikini contest, but it says she has to be wearing a green dress.
Is there a trigger for a green dress. I haven't seen her in one, so, is it only on a specific night?

jamiewan

Feb 11, 2020
Hi people ! anyone know how far are we to the "complete" tag ? i wanna play this game again but if you say it will be finish within in a few update i will wait a bit :p
Not for the foreseeable future as longs Darkhound remains interested.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes