Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
re-posted as I still can't find the requested green dress :-

OK, I must have missed something.
I have a quest with Lacey to ask her about her first bikini contest, but it says she has to be wearing a green dress.
Is there a trigger for a green dress. I haven't seen her in one, so, is it only on a specific night?
Check the hints in her gallery, you may miss a chat with her about something, at the nightbar maybe.
I don't remember if you can ask her to change outfits, did you try that ?

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Check the hints in her gallery, you may miss a chat with her about something, at the nightbar maybe.
I don't remember if you can ask her to change outfits, did you try that ?
I have had her change outfits at least once and neither was a green dress, I'll check her gallery and see if I can work out which scene it is.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
OK, so Amy.....been a long way with Amy , but a little confused that her 'Affection' stat is still stuck at 75.
Most of the other girls, when their stat maxes out below 100, I have been able to do something to increase the max stat, but for Amy I just can't see what needs doing and I think I've tried everything.

Any ideas?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
OK, so Amy.....been a long way with Amy , but a little confused that her 'Affection' stat is still stuck at 75.
Most of the other girls, when their stat maxes out below 100, I have been able to do something to increase the max stat, but for Amy I just can't see what needs doing and I think I've tried everything.

Any ideas?
Use the phone, Luke. Have you completed all her quests?
1693989182045.png 1693989218776.png

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I fixed the problem. I was running this through the RenPy launcher utility. It runs fine as a shell script.
In terminal (Linux):
~/gamelocation/ sh ./HolidayIsland.sh

Hello, I tried adding a blank txt file called "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt" (no quotes) in ~/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/HolidayIsland-0.3.8.0-pc/game,
but I still get the following crash. Any advice? Thank you!

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 33, in set
    def set(self, name, value):
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "options.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "/home/xyz/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2508, in execute
    self.set()
  File "/home/xyz/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 2526, in set
    ns.set(self.varname, value)
  File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 33, in set
    def set(self, name, value):
  File "/home/xyz/renpy-8.1.1-sdk/renpy/defaultstore.py", line 101, in __setattr__
    raise Exception('config.%s is not a known configuration variable.' % (name))
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

Linux-5.15.0-82-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Holiday Island 0.3.8.0
Fri Sep  1 19:52:12 2023

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
hey guys can you tell me how do I unloock Mia
Read the Companion Guide it has a pretty good explanation. There are several prerequisites to initiate the underground lab scene. Not just take a jog (certain times only). Not just Miriam & Mercedes on the island, you have to achieve certain levels of the "twins" to get close to unlocking the lab.

Reactions: junior366

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Read the Companion Guide it has a pretty good explanation. There are several prerequisites to initiate the underground lab scene. Not just take a jog (certain times only). Not just Miriam & Mercedes on the island, you have to achieve certain levels of the "twins" to get close to unlocking the lab.
And even then, it still doesn't happen until after day 45, but only if you have the other stuff done.

Reactions: sfcpres

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
ok, so that's confusing...I just got caught peeping on Jessica in the shower, but it said 'event unlocked' or something like that, does that mean it's a good thing?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
ok, so that's confusing...I just got caught peeping on Jessica in the shower, but it said 'event unlocked' or something like that, does that mean it's a good thing?
How I put this, it is not a bad thing, and there are no big consequences, she is pissed, at you, so you have to lower her anger or certain events will not happen, if the anger level is too high (lower it with gifts, flowers chocs make up etc from the store)

Reactions: Sparhawker

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
ok, got a few more questions (sorry)
1) Does Miriam have a room? I don't see it on the list of places to visit...and also, what's her deal, she seems to hate me sending any messages even after she initiates them
2) similar thing about Joy, she just sent me a very sexual message about the new jacuzzi, so I reciprocated and she got all upset by that
3) Amy, not sure how to raise her to the 100 affection as I'm still at 75/75...I haven't tried much but I have tried hug and kiss which did nothing (been a long time since I got the last girl up to 100). I finished all the sub tasks and it now just says to raise to 100
4) getting other girls to the island - do I keep the girls I have until I have every event opened or is there an issue with replacing one too early. Must admit that Brenda seems a bit of a dead end as there seems to be no tasks.
5) sauna - haven't seen it yet so not sure what the trigger is.

Thank you in advance and sorry for all the questions, after a years gap since playing this last I guess I've forgotten a lot of things,

P.S Still have no idea how to get Lacey into a green dress and I've checked her scenes and nothing seem to mention a green dress

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
In Bantry's absence.
1694265026561.png

Rel 4.0 status

As of right now, the update from 0.3.8.0 to 0.4.0.0 has:
401 additional renders, videos or sound files (only includes post worked, finished renders)
7 new backgrounds for the phone
29 updated renders

Back to the lab (Daniela, Mia, Mercedes, Sara )
  • Mercedes gets a new event where she picks up the MC and they visit the lab for another checkup --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Sara talks to the MC down at the lab and they walk to the infirmary for another blood sample --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Mia gets an event in the lab's kitchen where she talks with the MC --> still working on it
Daniela presence is known, so more event will (maybe, probably) be added here.

Setting sail (Amy, Jennifer, Miriam, Yumiko)
  • Jennifer, Miriam and Yumiko get an event at the night bar where they talk about the sail boat trip
  • Miriam and Yumiko get an event at the beach where Miriam stocks the sail boat before the trip
  • Jennifer and Amy get welcome/intro scenes that start the sail boat trip --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Jennifer and Amy get a topless scene on deck of the sail boat where Amy teases the MC --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Jennifer gets an event during the sail boat trip where she talks about a night out with Amy --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Jennifer gets a sex scene in the cabine during the sail boat trip --> still working on it (renders are done)
It would be unlike Amy not to play ball, more events should be expected added here.
Also the Sailboat (this content) is not the same as the Yacht (the huge boat seen in stories and sextings)

Brenda Completed (Brenda, Jennifer)
  • Brenda gets a remade workout pullups scene --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Brenda gets a photo shot event with Jennifer in the photo studio --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Jennifer gets a new event in the photo studio where she's posing in a sling bikini --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Brenda gets a quest line about her background --> still working on it
  • Brenda gets an appointment in the MC's room to celebrate an anniversary. The scene will partially reuse existing renders and add some new ones. --> still working on it
  • Brenda gets a remade congestion scene with 2 achievements
  • Brenda gets a new event in the hallway where she's on her way to Joy to celebrate an anniversary
  • Brenda gets a new plane intro with 20 images
  • Brenda gets a beach pose scene in her skimpy bikini with two achievements
  • Brenda gets an update to her beach walk scene with additional renders and two achievements
Looks like this is it and that is the deluxe treatment, more events here are not expected.

The number of events should not be confused with its share of the release. These events were there when the count was 150, it is now 400 so the lab and sailboat are clearly a lot larger than Brenda

Also future girls should expect a more modest pension package.

Amy being Amy (Amy)
  • Amy gets a blowjob poker rewards scene
  • Amy gets a new poker reward scene in our guy's shower
  • Amy gets a new poker reward scene with lapdance, teasing and a happy ending
  • Amy's poker scene has been remade and a lot of new images and dialogue has been added
What can you do, its Amy, she'd be a menace to a palm on a deserted Island.

Misc (Desire, Lacey, Renee)
  • Renée gets a remade arrival scene with lots of new images and a short story --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Desire gets an update to her sperm congestion scene with new renders in webp format
  • Lacey gets a long sperm congestion scene with 4 achievements

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes