darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
My save from version 0.0.8.4 doesn't work, OP says saves from 8 onward should work, is that true or was that something missed when updating the OP?
Why, what happens? If you get an error directly after loading, try to scroll back a step or 2 using the mouse wheel. Most of the time that fixes it.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Another thing : looks like Natasha can not be tasked to do room service.
I also encounter some errors when walking the beach and having a drink with Natasha. Note that I could continue by ignoring the error.
First one - the Natasha room service scene was not finished in time for 0.1.0 Unfortunately I kept the first image in the files, which is the indicator for the game that the event is available. But you cannot trigger it. I will add the scene with the next content update. (0.1.1.0)
Second one - has been fixed with the update to 0.1.0.2

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
Why, what happens? If you get an error directly after loading, try to scroll back a step or 2 using the mouse wheel. Most of the time that fixes it.
It's immediately upon opening the save and tries to upgrade it from 0.0.8.4 -> 0.1.0.1.
You were right in that scrolling back allowed me to continue like nothing happened, but I didn't get the update version message.

Below is the message I get.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: darkhound1

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
It's immediately upon opening the save and tries to upgrade it from 0.0.8.4 -> 0.1.0.1.
You were right in that scrolling back allowed me to continue like nothing happened, but I didn't get the update version message.

Below is the message I get.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Please replace the characters.rpyc file with the one I attached to this post and try again to load the save game.
Let me know if it works using the new file. Thanks.

Reactions: Imperator753

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Its been a while so I gotta ask _ Is this game still one yuge grind & tease to no where? Or does MC finally man up, stop acting like a charity case and get some pussy?

lockhear

Engaged Member
Oct 10, 2017
Bug when chatting with Aly during breakfast in the morning when I select "Talk about her":

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'init'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
    run(restart)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 1158, in script call
  File "game/actions.rpyc", line 409, in script
    f���C�n(L<���m��##�F�`a�Ϋm��L���@���C    �N r4C�P�`���h3VBp\�m�0Rt4���1��C\ה7����;�p���a��e����a�,X���n9� X����;� 8(t1 � �
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.0.2

Reactions: Terryujin

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Its been a while so I gotta ask _ Is this game still one yuge grind & tease to no where? Or does MC finally man up, stop acting like a charity case and get some pussy?
Well it can still be a grind, but that can be avoided with the cheat codes. You find them throughout this thread or do a search. A LOT has been added so chances are if you haven't played in awhile any 'Saves' you may have probably won't work and you'll need to start a new game.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
save pls :':)':)'(
Play the game and create your own! Geez, you can get through the complete game in a couple hours using the cheat codes that the developer was kind enough to build into the game. And don't ask for them, do a search and you'll find them easily enough.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Bug when chatting with Aly during breakfast in the morning when I select "Talk about her":

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
    run(restart)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 1158, in script call
  File "game/actions.rpyc", line 409, in script
    f���C�n(L<���m��##�F�`a�Ϋm��L���@���C    �N r4C�P�`���h3VBp\�m�0Rt4���1��C\ה7����;�p���a��e����a�,X���n9� X����;� 8(t1 � �
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\character.py", line 1000, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\character.py", line 982, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "G:\HolidayIsland\0.1.0.2.beta\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Holiday Island 0.1.0.2
Sorry about that. Same problem as previously with Natasha. I will fix it with 0.1.0.3

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes