DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Took some text out to reduce size
... Yvette "Droped University." Obviously it should be "Dropped." Also, since she and Jessica are from the U.S ...
- Yvette dropped high school, Jessica dropped university (engineering), in game spelling is "dropped".
- Yvette is from France, Jessica USA.
- Yvette is Teddy Bear, Aly is the copy. It is not sex related, it is their sleep toy
- Old shower pictures are not pill sized /images/scenes/player, the new ones /images/events/player/workout are pill sized.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
duckswimming
Yvette moved to California at a young age. Dropped out would be correct if she was in school in the U.S. Also, I'm not sure she dropped out of high school which would mean she left school before the age of 18. University would be called college for Jessica and Aly.
Darkhound1 can clarify.
Aly has a story about a hugging accident, so it would be easier to change Yvette's answer.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
duckswimming
Aly has a story about a hugging accident, so it would be easier to change Yvette's answer.
Maybe, but since the teddy bear idea was put forward by me and for Yvette, I'd (of course) prefer otherwise ;)

edit : I did forget the moving California part. In my defense, she does make it hard to pay attention to the words sometimes (all bandwidth allocated to sight :))

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
After reading all this talk about girl's bio's I suggest a new type of quest. Give all girls a bio page on the phone that only becomes visible after completing a number of events. Like talking to them on the beach, talking to them about them, maybe some Hotshots mixed into it etc.

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
duckswimming
Perhaps you can think of a different sleep toy for Aly which would stay in line with the hugging accident. Perhaps a toy bunny?
Unlike favorite music or favorite time of day for sex where duplication is understandable, it's a little odd that they should both have the same thing as their strangest masturbation prop.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
After reading all this talk about girl's bio's I suggest a new type of quest. Give all girls a bio page on the phone that only becomes visible after completing a number of events. Like talking to them on the beach, talking to them about them, maybe some Hotshots mixed into it etc.
I have been thinking about a bio page with some background information on the girls as well. Unfortunately it will be complicated to do. Well not the additional page in itself, but keeping track of what the MC already knows or doesn't know. I probably need to set something up simlar to the quest system (but less complicated).
Basically the information about the girls' background could be divided into several parts (or even single information). Each part of information has an identifier and something like a group, type or whatever to categorize it.
This information goes into a list that is linked to the girl. Each item of the list could then be activated by "whatever action that provides the informatin". In the end it would be a method call (which would be part of the girl class) like:
yvette.unlock_background_info(<ID>)
For scenes and events it would be easy to add/include. For more generic stuff like e.g. hotshots questions, it would require some redesign and more additional stuff.
Here is an example for hotshots:
$ yvette.hs_answers.append(cl_hs_correct_answer(12,"cowgirl", commentary="I like to drive a guy wild with my bouncing boobs!", commentary_heat_bonus=3, commentary_condition="g_hotshots.heat >= 50"))
Right now if you get question 12, the answer for yvette is cowgirl and she comments when heat is >= 50, which also gives an additional heat bonus.
I could extend the class to take another argument: correct_unlock_background_info =14, meaning background info id 14 for yvette gets unlocked if you correctly answer the question.
There are other generic things like the talk about herself stuff that would need to unlock certain information.

Each girl could have th background page right from the start.
Maybe with information like:
Yvette is a short girl with a voluptous figure. She's really good natured and everybody's darling...
Anything else would have to be "unlocked".
For a question/answer game like hotshots, if you know the answer already (because you unlocked it), some kind of "hint" could be displayed, or maybe the correct answer could be marked directly as correct.

@Puppet Master - this could very well be integrated with your idea to have one girl find out something about another one and tell you about it (using favor, or by some other means of persuasion)

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
Anyway to repeat Alice strength training so I can unlock missed scenes ? Or only way is restart game ? Coz I already finishing 80% of game and I don't wanna restart

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
duckswimming
Perhaps you can think of a different sleep toy for Aly which would stay in line with the hugging accident. Perhaps a toy bunny?
Unlike favorite music or favorite time of day for sex where duplication is understandable, it's a little odd that they should both have the same thing as their strangest masturbation prop.
Teddy Bear fits Yvette perfectly imo as a sleep toy.
So she is, for me, locked in mentally right now. So I pulling a blank on alternatives.

It is a common enough toy, so dont think it is a problem that two girls have it, and at 15+5 girls they are bound to overlap a lot including in more curious side areas, imho of course.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.8 beta - development news (updated 09/08/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a col--> will be part of 0.1.8.0liday Island (0.1.8 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.7.0 release.
The next release is 0.1.8.0 beta which will be a new full update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.7.0 to 0.1.8.0 has 361 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content
  • Lacey gets a beach pose scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • Delizia gets an extended workout weight lifting scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • Lacey gets an extended pool play scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • The user interface (UI) gets a new look and a lot of improvements, freeing up a lot of space in the process --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • Jennifer's transformation story will be concluded --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • Yumiko gets an arrival scene, a new sexting image and a new dream image --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Ivy gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Lacey gets the pool jump in and climb out images --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Lacey gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Delizia gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Mercedes gets a posing scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Mercedes gets a nude shower scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Mercedes' quest where you can visit her in her room will be finished --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Lacey gets a short even in the hotel corridor --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Heather gets two pool distraction events --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Brenda gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Delizia gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Desire gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Amy gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Jennifer gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • The first binocular where you can watch the girls doing beach yoga will be added --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Weight training with Jennifer will reduce endurance and add "smell" effect --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Delizia gets girl specific "talk about her" chat lines --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Sexting images now support ".jpg" and ".webp" image format --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • You will see the girl's body type now on the phone when you know bra, waist, hips and weight --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
Bug fixes
  • Scheduling/calendar has been changed to support up to 2 am. Also "change of day" for calendar has been changed to 2 am. This will avoid problems with dates at 1 am --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • Nightbar "last call" scene was shown with wrong bartender or could result in a crash when you did it on day 1--> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • In certain circumstances during the Miriam and Mercedes poster scene, the receptionist overlay image was still shown --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • There was a possible endless loop when you arrive at the island (it occurs only very rarely) --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • The other shower scene with Faye should also count to get the shower symbol --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • There is still a bug when Aly is the plane girl and another girl arrives on the island early. --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0 (or you can use the quick fix from the post where you get 0.1.7.2, see link below)
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.7.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.7.2 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta
0.1.8.0 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta

Estimated release dates:
0.1.7.1 beta --> available since 13/07/2019
0.1.7.2 beta --> available since 14/07/2019
0.1.8.0 beta --> no date yet

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have been thinking about a bio page with some background information on the girls as well. Unfortunately it will be complicated to do. Well not the additional page in itself, but keeping track of what the MC already knows or doesn't know. I probably need to set something up simlar to the quest system (but less complicated).
Basically the information about the girls' background could be divided into several parts (or even single information). Each part of information has an identifier and something like a group, type or whatever to categorize it.
This information goes into a list that is linked to the girl. Each item of the list could then be activated by "whatever action that provides the informatin". In the end it would be a method call (which would be part of the girl class) like:
yvette.unlock_background_info(<ID>)
For scenes and events it would be easy to add/include. For more generic stuff like e.g. hotshots questions, it would require some redesign and more additional stuff.
Here is an example for hotshots:
$ yvette.hs_answers.append(cl_hs_correct_answer(12,"cowgirl", commentary="I like to drive a guy wild with my bouncing boobs!", commentary_heat_bonus=3, commentary_condition="g_hotshots.heat >= 50"))
Right now if you get question 12, the answer for yvette is cowgirl and she comments when heat is >= 50, which also gives an additional heat bonus.
I could extend the class to take another argument: correct_unlock_background_info =14, meaning background info id 14 for yvette gets unlocked if you correctly answer the question.
There are other generic things like the talk about herself stuff that would need to unlock certain information.

Each girl could have th background page right from the start.
Maybe with information like:
Yvette is a short girl with a voluptous figure. She's really good natured and everybody's darling...
Anything else would have to be "unlocked".
For a question/answer game like hotshots, if you know the answer already (because you unlocked it), some kind of "hint" could be displayed, or maybe the correct answer could be marked directly as correct.

@Puppet Master - this could very well be integrated with your idea to have one girl find out something about another one and tell you about it (using favor, or by some other means of persuasion)
Hi Darkhound,
your idea is way more complicated than I envisioned. I just thought of one screen that unlocks on one logical condition, something like condition = <walked and talked on the beach> and <talked to her and about her> and <something Hotshot for some of them> and <etc>
But of course if you can do it your idea is much better. And it would give many more quests as each section would be a quest in itstelf. I like Puppet Master's idea as well.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
no compressed version?
Have you searched the thread for a compressed version? Also you might want to heed the warning(s) already posted.
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-1-7-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/page-507#post-2117487
In additon, the game already is highly compressed. An uncompressed size would be between 6 GB and 10 GB.
I will change all png to webp image format when I have time (probably with or before version 0.2.0). This should result in another 250 to 300 MB size reduction.
The game has roughly 6500 images and videos by now. More than half are high res (meaning 1920x1080 or even 2560x1440) and not overlays. Even if you only have an average file size of 130 kb each, you're looking at 850MB. Then there is the UI, the sound and music files and the renpy game engine. Renpy game engine alone is about 80 MB.
Everything below 1GB for a game with that amount of content and you're looking at really bad images with a lot of compression artefacts.
I already post work every single one of my images to make them smaller and still keep them at good quality. I manually blurr the background just a little for almost every image. The result is 150 or 160kb for a 2560x1440 image, instead of 200kb+ for the exact same quality.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I played Hotshots with Jessica. The Soft Question was "What is Jessica's Waist size?" There was only one choice: 22". I've had 2 choices before but never only 1. It may be a bug, even though it can't happen that often.
Also, I tried to get the Personal question for Aly "What was Aly's job before coming to the island?", and after reloading about 100 times and not getting it, I gave up. Does it exist? Is there some mechanism that's keeping me from getting that question? It seems like the age question also comes up less frequently than the others. Is the question choice not completely random?
About her favorite lingerie, Jessica says,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
About her wearing panties, Jessica says,

Regarding Jessica having sex with another woman, she says, "It's all Angel's fault!" I don't understand this. There must be something I'm not getting. Is Angel the TV show? Is Angel a girl? I don't recall Jessica mentioning the name before. Her sister is Carla, but we don't know her mother's name. This would be a very odd way to refer to her mother. Is Angel the guy who got her to try new stuff? We don't know his name, but Angel isn't a very common name for a guy.

Sometimes Hotshots refers to someone being from Swiss. This is the nationality not the country. It should be Switzerland .

Also, I think everyone loves the Hotshots minigame, but I've gained more respect for it by editing it. You really learn a lot about each girl from listening to her answers, especially the little comments that come afterward.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I played Hotshots with Jessica. The Soft Question was "What is Jessica's Waist size?" There was only one choice: 22". I've had 2 choices before but never only 1. It may be a bug, even though it can't happen that often.
Also, I tried to get the Personal question for Aly "What was Aly's job before coming to the island?", and after reloading about 100 times and not getting it, I gave up. Does it exist? Is there some mechanism that's keeping me from getting that question? It seems like the age question also comes up less frequently than the others. Is the question choice not completely random?
About her favorite lingerie, Jessica says,
About her wearing panties, Jessica says,
Sometimes Hotshots refers to someone being from Swiss. This is the nationality not the country. It should be Switzerland .

Also, I think everyone loves the Hotshots minigame, but I've gained more respect for it by editting it. You really learn a lot about each girl from listening to her answers, and especially the little comments that come afterward.
Swiss -> Switzerland : fixed
Er... Err... --> that's probably like 500 times in the game, it stays like it is - the MC says it all the time
Jessica's answer has been fixed long ago, probably only forgot to recreate her texts
about the 22" - that's a problem of game mechanics right now, duplicates probably get removed after the possible answers have been selected. Since a lot of girls have 22", nothing else was selected at that time. I have to check if it's easy to change the logic and try to eliminate duplicates before the possible answers are "counted".

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I have a vague memory of pointing out the er vs. err thing before, but there were too many instances even at that time. I thought I should still point it out. I don't think it's that big a deal, and I thought either was correct until today.
One day they'll make an editor for renpy which will make changing text easy. Oh well, we'll just have to wait until that day comes.
Thanks for putting up with my nitpicking. It's a benefit to me because looking up stuff on the internet, lets me learn new things.
TIL that never mind is generally two words unless being used in the colloquial sense of "Pay it no nevermind."
Also TIL, that nitpick is one word. Who knew? Merriam Webster, that's who.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
darkhound1
When you change all png to webp image format, will that allow you to add the Doctor images as part of the girls' Flash & Grope achievement?
I remember you said it was a technical issue related to the webp format. Sorry if that question doesn't make any sense, but I didn't really understand the issue, as I don't know much about python/renpy.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Not a big deal, but while I was playing Hotshots,
I noticed that Heather likes
Experts agree that the word should be hyphenated, but you can find it as role playing or less often as roleplaying.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
darkhound1
When you change all png to webp image format, will that allow you to add the Doctor images as part of the girls' Flash & Grope achievement?
I remember you said it was a technical issue related to the webp format. Sorry if that question doesn't make any sense, but I didn't really understand the issue, as I don't know much about python/renpy.
It's not really related to the file format, more the image resolution. The problem is that the doctor's flash and grope images have a higher resolution (doubled) than the other images and the background. So it's complicated to mix them with the others.
It's not really a python/renpy problem. It can be done, but it's complicated and I didn't want to spend the time and effort to do it.
It mainly has to do with the images being overlays. You can "read/get" the resolution from an image. So if it's a full size image, I can just read x/y size and I "know" how it has to be scaled (factor 0.5 or 0.667 in almost all cases). With the overlays it's different, because the size of an overlay image can be anything (Ivy's are bigger for example) and I don't really know how it needs to be scaled to make it fit.
I'm don't want to code stuff like: if image name = "this or that" -> scale factor = 0.667 and so on. This leads to unmanagable code and lots of error and problems in the long run, because every time I add something, I have to check all these code parts and adjust them. So if there is no "generic" solution, I won't do it.

To all programmers - I don't need or want suggestions on how to do it. So please just restrain youself :)

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes