darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.1.8.0 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,

pre beta testing for 0.1.8.0 has been finished and it's now available for everyone. The update from 0.1.7.2 to 0.1.8.0 has 570 new renders, videos and sound files.

Most of the new stuff is in ".webp" format and at least 1920x1080 resultion, which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.1.8.0 beta:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!! Please download the full 0.1.8.0 beta from these links (they are also on the main patreon page):

Windows version:

OR

Mac version:

OR

Android version (this is exerimental "as is", it works on my device, feel free to try it, but there won't be any support in case it doesn't work for you):

OR

Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the exising game folder from an older version!
PS: I've decided to upload both versions (windows and mac) in .zip format now, instead of the 7z format.

EDIT: All quick fix files attached to this post have to be copied into the folder "<wherever you extracted your holiday island>\game"
  • Asking a girl to flash her breasts leads to a crash --> quick fix file attached: actions.rpyc
  • AttributeError: 'cl_player' object has no attribute 'phone_image' --> quick fix file attached: gui_screens.rpyc (this only happens when you permanently show the MCs stats using the new UI)

Happy playing
Darkhound

Last edited:

Samga

Apr 4, 2017
Perhaps you should talk to her.
Please dont take me for a retard, already tried that. Visited her, talked to her at the bar, stared at the cleavage, caught her at gym, did her appointment over and over, etc...

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Yep, done the first part long ago, (room tour, joy lab, bar talk) second does not trigger. On a side note, i see you have a quest for Natasha, i dont even know who Natasha is. The two quests are connected?
They are not connected. Natasha is one of the girl you can invite on the island, huge huge knockers.
Try visiting Jennifer after dinner ( don't remember which days ), maybe you will have the dialogue option for the second part.

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Please dont take me for a retard, already tried that. Visited her, talked to her at the bar, stared at the cleavage, caught her at gym, did her appointment over and over, etc...
Not taking you for a retard. But your original post neglected to say what you have and have not tried.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Yeah sorry, i thought its obvious if it was so easy i wouldnt have asked for help :p
Since it's relatively quiet (the pre beta testers did a good job :) ) and I'm in a good mood, if you send me a save file, I will have a look. The save files are in the folder: game\saves

• Wow
Reactions: partanen

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
One thing you and everyone else will discover with this update is that unlike in the past with some achievements, most of the new ones require multiple steps.

Samga

Apr 4, 2017
Since it's relatively quiet (the pre beta testers did a good job :) ) and I'm in a good mood, if you send me a save file, I will have a look. The save files are in the folder: game\saves
Thanks a lot
Yeah ive been reading some folks having the same problem, could be i missed something important there, or it could be a bug

Reactions: UraN82
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes