darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Here is a quick fix file for the missing Yumiko sexting images:
Unpack it to the "game" folder and overwrite the existing file.
Load your save file.
If your save file is in the new player room with the no longer existing image on the wall, you still get a crash and have to click ignore a couple of times. There is no way around that, at least not without a ton of code and checks and the risk of breaking other stuff.
In all other cases, it should just load and you get a message that the no longer existing file has been removed from your picture wall.

Please let me know if it works.

EDIT: Since there have been more bugs than I had hoped for (although not really game breaking), I will release 0.1.8.1 soon as a pure bug fix release.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
A working solution is to UnRen previous version and copy Images -folder to newer version. Ren'Py usually reads fluently both archived and unarchived Images -folders. If it existed/worked in previous version it will then exist and thus work in newer one too...
So, UnRen v0.1.7.2 and copy whole Images -folder of v0.1.7.2 to v0.1.8.0. Game -subfolder. It's 1GB+ extra, but what we wouldn't do to get Yumiko's pictures to wall without errors? (drill a gloryhole to biker bar's mens' room's booth wall and sell blowjobs for coins to donate to darkhound?)

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
A working solution is to UnRen previous version and copy Images -folder to newer version. Ren'Py usually reads fluently both archived and unarchived Images -folders. If it existed/worked in previous version it will then exist and thus work in newer one too...
So, UnRen v0.1.7.2 and copy whole Images -folder of v0.1.7.2 to v0.1.8.0. Game -subfolder. It's 1GB+ extra, but what we wouldn't do to get Yumiko's pictures to wall without errors? (drill a gloryhole to biker bar's mens' room's booth wall and sell blowjobs for coins to donate to darkhound?)
Unfortunately this is a bad idea.
The game reads from the extracted files first. So you won't get any updates to pictures I have done.
Also the game can handle different image formats of the same file name now. So if the images are present twice, this can lead to problems and/or the wrong image files being used and displayed.
In short: Please don't do this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: partanen

geos_omega

Sep 18, 2017
Keep visiting Jennifer on the nights she doesn't work, at different times and eventually you'll get the option to ask her about her story. Again that is what the SAVE function is for.
Even using save resetting, I've tried for 6 different days at different times after dinner when she's not at the club, and still all she does is say hi. I'm really starting to think it's broken considering that she's dressed up like she's going to the club even though it's her day off.

Edit: If it's not broken then there's some nuance that's completely lost to me. It says visit her in her room after dinner on a day she's not working in the bar. I'm assuming "after dinner" means after the restaurant has closed in the evening. I've tried after dinner but before the bar is open and after dinner while the bar is open, and even after midnight (even though I'm pretty sure that won't work because that would be the next day). Nothing works. I either get her in a towel just saying hi or her in her bar outfit just saying hi.

Last edited:

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Even using save resetting, I've tried for 6 different days at different times after dinner when she's not at the club, and still all she does is say hi. I'm really starting to think it's broken considering that she's dressed up like she's going to the club even though it's her day off.

Edit: If it's not broken then there's some nuance that's completely lost to me. It says visit her in her room after dinner on a day she's not working in the bar. I'm assuming "after dinner" means after the restaurant has closed in the evening. I've tried after dinner but before the bar is open and after dinner while the bar is open, and even after midnight (even though I'm pretty sure that won't work because that would be the next day). Nothing works. I either get her in a towel just saying hi or her in her bar outfit just saying hi.

She has to be in her work outfit. If you go to the end of the conversation you will be able to bring up the continued conversation and she will ask to come to your place to continue the conversation about coming to the island.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Unfortunately this is a bad idea.
The game reads from the extracted files first. So you won't get any updates to pictures I have done.
Also the game can handle different image formats of the same file name now. So if the images are present twice, this can lead to problems and/or the wrong image files being used and displayed.
In short: Please don't do this.
Ok, but why it then works? Because I have done this numerous times to get file errors corrected in game. As far as I have understood Ren'Py first try get files mentioned in code from files in archive and if file isn't in archive then looks into extracted folders if some exists. Archived ones seem to take precedence over extracted ones. This of course only works for images and videos, never for actual code. And this have been kind of patent solution for missing files / wrong named / wrong file format files in several games. Not only in Ren'Py games. Combine old and new version and voila: If it was in old version it's now in newer version too. Well, I'm not coder so no need to discuss about this. Just my working ex tempore and ad hoc solutions until Patches were released...

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Ok, but why it then works? Because I have done this numerous times to get file errors corrected in game. As far as I have understood Ren'Py first try get files mentioned in code from files in archive and if file isn't in archive then looks into extracted folders if some exists. Archived ones seem to take precedence over extracted ones. This of course only works for images and videos, never for actual code. And this have been kind of patent solution for missing files / wrong named / wrong file format files in several games. Not only in Ren'Py games. Combine old and new version and voila: If it was in old version it's now in newer version too. Well, I'm not coder so no need to discuss about this. Just my ex tempore and ad hoc solutions until Patches are released...
This assumption is wrong: "Archived ones seem to take precedence over extracted ones"
It's the other way round. Everything that is directly in the folders is used first. Only if nothing is found, the engine reads the archives. You can verify it yourself if you don't believe me. Copy the "background.jpg" from an old version into your "game/gui" folder. If you start the game you will see that an old version is displayed at the start screen.
It probably works most of the time as in "it won't make the game crash". But you will get old versions of images in your game. With addional problems when the image exists as png and webp or as jpg and webp in different resolutions.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
So, I guess i need to restart to get the Yumiko arrival scene?
Also about Yumiko.
Has the quartersgame been changed?
I have tried 50 times or so to get it in the valley. Almost the first thing I did this morning was quarters and I got it straight in.
Didnt see if any answered this one already.
If so, just ignore this post.

You dont need to restart.
Only Alys arrival is special because she is intro plane girl option.

Yumiko will arrive no matter what save you use
So if you run an old save on day, lets say 50, Yumiko will play her arrival scene later the same day.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Didnt see if any answered this one already.
If so, just ignore this post.

You dont need to restart.

Yumikos arrival will play regardless of old or new start/saves.
Only Alys arrival is special because she is intro plane girl option.

Yumiko will arrive no matter what save, day or play you do.
So if you run an old save on day, lets say 50, Yumiko will play her arrival later the same day.
Yup. I noticed. But thanks anyway.

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
The only content you can miss from the start is Aly as plane girl for her "second arrival" and Alice's strength training reward with extra.
Everything else can be done w/o restarting.
Actualy Aly as plane girl arrival can repeat by using cheat code . Only one thing pain in the a$$ is Alice strength training . I restart my game coz of that

geos_omega

Sep 18, 2017
She has to be in her work outfit. If you go to the end of the conversation you will be able to bring up the continued conversation and she will ask to come to your place to continue the conversation about coming to the island.
I have gone to the end of the conversation, MANY times. The only dialogue option is "You were thinking about her and wanted to say hi". It does not give me any option for ANYTHING else. I choose that, they say a couple things, then say bye. That's it.

Edit: Okay I FINALLY got it, DURING dinner. The restaurant is still open, so NOT after dinner. I reset it to test it and it worked repeatedly around that time except for some rng of her showing up in a towel sometimes. So basically, if you try to do exactly what it tells you to, it doesn't work. After dinner has her not having the dialogue option even if she's in the correct outfit. But if you visit during dinner and she has the work outfit, THEN it gives you the other option. So in other words, the game gives you incorrect instructions.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
How do you get the Yoga achievements? I have the upgraded binoculars but no matter when I go out on the balcony no one is there.
Have you talked with the receptionist? Not to nitpick, but there is a 'Search' box, upper right of the screen. I only point this out as this question has already been answered a few times.

Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Does the console not work anymore? Cause i pressed shift + o and it didn't work
Works fine for me. Have to ask, did you push 'o' as in ostrich or the zero (0) by mistake? My fat fingers sometimes hit the wrong key as they are so close to each other on the keyboard.

Aragon54

Jul 9, 2018
Works fine for me. Have to ask, did you push 'o' as in ostrich or the zero (0) by mistake? My fat fingers sometimes hit the wrong key as they are so close to each other on the keyboard.
I tried with both o and 0 because o was not working and neither of them are working.... and i don't know why

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes