MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I have a question for DuckSwim regarding your excellent HI girl renders... Did you get the "recipe" for them (the DS specs) from darkhound1, or did you "reverse-engineer" the HI girls on your own to create your renders? If the former, that is both very cool and very understandable, and in no way takes away from what you have created. You obviously have a unique working relationship with Darkhound, so providing you with the means to work your wizardry would be mutually beneficial, and I would say that nobody else should expect that rare privilege (I certainly don't). If you reverse-engineered the DS character "clones" of the HI girls, that makes your masterpieces all the more remarkable, as it is sort of like finding a handful of HI girl needles in a very large Daz Studio character haystack. Either way, mad props to you!!

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Spot on! This really is what my statement in my third bullet point regarding strategically answering questions wrong is all about. IMO, HotShots is a strategic exercise from the start; one that is all about managing the balance of the MC's drunkenness and "undressedness" (Is that even a word? If not, I just coined it!) status versus the status of the MC's opponent.

BDMick makes a good point, too, about the consequences of not being careful about when to ask the girl to undress and the cost of getting her "Not so fast..." response. I typically don't save at that point, though, because if she opts to take a drink instead I can just roll back a couple of steps and make the other choice. That (simply rolling back) is not a viable option between spins of the wheel because it would involve rolling back more steps than the game allows. Saving is certainly an option for avoiding the "Not so fast" problem, but I'm lazy and find rolling back easier, so that's my preference; but either way, a player would be wise to do one or the other to avoid the "Not so fast" problem.
If you have rollback enabled, and don't like the wheel result, just go back to the wheel spin. This is one place where the RNG result can change. No need to save before each question just for the spin result.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
If you have rollback enabled, and don't like the wheel result, just go back to the wheel spin. This is one place where the RNG result can change. No need to save before each question just for the spin result.
Thanks! I'll have to try that. My laziness may prevail and I might end up revising my strategy (though "save early/save often" is pretty well ingrained in my DNA at this point . . . no doubt a result of some form of Joy's gene therapy . . . )

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Thanks! I'll have to try that. My laziness may prevail and I might end up revising my strategy (though "save early/save often" is pretty well ingrained in my DNA at this point . . . no doubt a result of some form of Joy's gene therapy . . . )
I agree; Bantry certainly pushed that into my brain as well. I think for the new playthrough I already have 6 pages of saves.

Please let no member of this forum mistake my tip/hint/trick for being IN LIEU of saving (that's still your best and ONLY defense).

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
For someone (like me) who has all savegames from previous version, is it recommended to play the entire game again?

deuae

Oct 4, 2020
Companion mod for Holiday Island 0.2.x.x beta has been released (it works for version 0.3.x.x of the game as well)

Hello everyone!

This is the current version of the companion mod for Holiday Island ver. 0.2.x.x beta and later versions (this includes version 0.3.x.x)
The mod has been created by Niceerotica and myself.
The mod is a cheat tool for the main game Holiday Island.
Some of you might already know earlier versions of the mod. So here is a list of what the mod can do and of what's new.
  • the mod can always be used now, even in the middle of a scene or an event
  • it offers a variety of option to change attributes of the player (MC)
    - first name and last name can be changed
    - all effects (good or bad) can be added and removed with the click of a mouse. If an effect has several levels, clicking on the effect another time will increase the effect strength
    - all player attributes like strength, endurance, lust, etc. can be adjusted
  • it offers a lot of possibilities to change the stats of each girl too.
    - you can switch between outfits (use at your own risk during a scene, you might get crashes or missin g images).
    - room number, breast size, poker skill, almost anything can be made visible or adjusted
    - all the regular stats like affection, love, lust can be changed too
  • every non quest item you can buy or get through other means can be added to your inventory with the "inventory manager" of the mod
  • The hints section has been removed, as it is part of the main game now. Check the achievements app and use teh button "show hints"
How to "install" the mod:
On PC: Extract the content of the attached zip file into teh folder where you installed your Holiday Island main game.
On a Mac: Navigate further down in the folder where you installed your Holiday Island game, until you see a folder named game. Extract the content into this folder (not into the folder named game, but into the folder where you can see "game" as a folder).

View attachment 659823 View attachment 659824 View attachment 659825 View attachment 659826
For Android?

2Freeright

Oct 18, 2019
Does the fix that's been posted previously work for mac? I can't find the Save and AppData files. I also have never downloaded the companion mod.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
For someone (like me) who has all savegames from previous version, is it recommended to play the entire game again?
I´ll put it like this no not necesary to play from the begining, but it is fun specially with this game ! if u played or your saves are with the mod I sugest to install de Mod before startig with the New version you might as well copy/paste your saves from previos in to your new version

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
I´ll put it like this no not necesary to play from the begining, but it is fun specially with this game ! if u played or your saves are with the mod I sugest to install de Mod before startig with the New version you might as well copy/paste your saves from previos in to your new version
I didn't play with mods, so I'll check what mods are available and may be start from the beginning (y)

Spanky3030

Jul 30, 2018
Tried to search if anyone else had this problem. I have an image of Jessica stuck on the screen, no matter what room or place I go the image is always there. Yes, I do have an option to load a previous save but, I would prefer not to lose my progress. Any idea in clearing the image?

Jessica Image.JPG

Reactions: ChienGenevoi

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Alone...

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Reactions: junior366

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I have a question for DuckSwim regarding your excellent HI girl renders... Did you get the "recipe" for them (the DS specs) from darkhound1, or did you "reverse-engineer" the HI girls on your own to create your renders? If the former, that is both very cool and very understandable, and in no way takes away from what you have created. You obviously have a unique working relationship with Darkhound, so providing you with the means to work your wizardry would be mutually beneficial, and I would say that nobody else should expect that rare privilege (I certainly don't). If you reverse-engineered the DS character "clones" of the HI girls, that makes your masterpieces all the more remarkable, as it is sort of like finding a handful of HI girl needles in a very large Daz Studio character haystack. Either way, mad props to you!!
Thanks, appreciate the nice comment (y)

As for the answer to the question,

Details on girl, game and creation fall under matters I do not discuss with anyone but Darkhound.
And as the fan art girls are gifted to Darkhound upon creation they are included under that.

So the answer will be of a general nature, it goes a bit like this ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

zabtak

Jul 31, 2017
Hello, game just stoped to work for me... It's just not starting at all - i've downloaded it again and it's the same. Anyone of you guy have the same issue ?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes