zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
You barbarian!! How could you ruin our fantasy universe like that??! </pitchfork> </s>
Of course all the tech people and the flight crew would be girls too. I can see a tech girl wearing daisy dukes and a leather tool belt wandering the halls. <fantasy>off</fantasy>

Reactions: MarsUltor

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.1 - development news (updated 05. of June 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.1).

The change log below is based on the release 0.3.0.0.
The next main release is 0.3.1 which will be an incremental update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.0.0 to 0.3.1.0 has:
113 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • Heather gets an event in the MC's room, where she asks to use the MC's shower --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Yvette gets an event in her room, where she changes into her bikini --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • The new special action (pose butt) has been added for Desire, Faye, Jennifer and Yumiko --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Changed the balancing for the hotshots to make the MC undress more --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Achievements can be displayed in full screen now --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Quick access to tasks and appointment schedule --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
Bug fixes
  • The cooldown at the lifeguard tower was also triggered when the lifeguard wasn't present --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1
  • Severe stuttering and lags on some PCs on animations using the animation player. The reason is the added "game time" timer --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1
  • File "game/actions.rpy", line 1967, in <module> NameError: name 'l_walk_image' is not defined --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • File "game/loc_pool.rpy", line 565, in <module> NameError: name 'l_inclination' is not defined --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Fixed one use of i_char1 instead of i_char that lead to a crash --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Corrected some minor things (mainly typos) --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.1.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
Estimated release dates:
0.3.1.0 --> no idea yet

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Tasks.jpg

Quick access to tasks and schedule (0.3.1 preview)

Hello guys and gals,

I have added the possibility to have quick access to two of the most used apps on your phone.
The open tasks and quests app and also the schedule for appointments app.
Quick access can be enabled or disabled in the top right corner of the two apps.
With the basic functionality and logic in place, it's easy to add further apps if the need arises.

Take care,

Darkhound

screenshot0038.jpg

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Amy.png

Display achievement images in full size (0.3.1 preview)

Hello everyone,

I have added a full size preview function to the achievements.

What can it do and how does it work?
  • a new icon has been added to enable/disable full size preview mode
  • you can zoom in and position the image same as in the preview mode showing the landscape phone
  • pressing the "h" key will hide the UI buttons, allowing for a screenshots without the buttons disturbing it

I hope you like the new feature.

Darkhound

Phone.png

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
This game bricked my phone so hard it didn't do anything for 10 minutes straight
This is a big game now with lots of images and animations.
The latest Andriod version is having to use compression on images etc to help it run.
Probably not going to play that well on a phone, maybe a top spec new one would cope well with it :unsure:

Android version is more for a tablet, but again top spec would be best.
:)

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
Very thought-provoking questions! I'm also a details/backstory/minutiae guy, so here are my thoughts regarding your questions:
  • The MC was told on more than one occasion that the lab facility was very large - larger than it appeared, so I suspect that there is more than one hospital room. I also suspect that the room the MC ended up in was at least somewhat pre-configured specifically for him.
  • Regarding Yvette, I'm (reasonably) confident that she would've shown up, no matter what. I have no idea how that (having her jet in from the mainland to jump the MC) would affect the dialog, though. I know that there were island girls who had been sent back to the mainland (in my HI universe) who were at the party Sara attended. Somebody ought to revert to a pre-accident/lab save, send Yvette home, and find out what happens on Day 2 in the lab...
  • I'm sure Mercedes can use the Lab gym (and probably does occasionally), but she seems to have a preference for the main resort gym.
  • I would think that "coital opportunities" with Daniela and Sara would eventually be more or less comparable to the other "staff girls" on the island.
  • That could be problematic... You should watch the movie Her (2013)...
  • Obviously the "doctor-babes" know about the lab, because one of them contacted the lab about the MC's accident and condition. Also, Sara went to a party in the night bar with several of the island girls, so I'm pretty sure they are not a secret to any of the other girls.
  • Regarding the pills... umm... sorry, I got nuthin'...
So, being a details/backstory/minutiae guy myself, I have some observations and questions about the island, etc.:
  • Are Daniela and Sara really the only ones working in the lab, or are there others that we/MC don't know about? If they are the only ones, and Joy has sent Daniela away on a 3-week booty-call sabbatical, does that mean that Sara is working alone in the lab all day? I would think an outgoing 18 y.o. like Sara would get very lonely and crave some social interaction. Might we see her "sneak" to the resort sometime in the not too distant future?
  • Does Joy/HI, Inc. own the entire island, or just the resort and subterranean lab complex? I don't recall whether this has been explicitly stated. (but then, I do have a Dory-like memory, so...)
  • Does anybody work at the airport? A small, private GA airport might very well not have anyone operating a control tower, but how would the aircraft that arrive at the island airport (HI corporate aircraft?) refuel for the return trip? Might there be "airport girls" that we could meet (etc., etc.) in the future?
  • Is there anything else on the island besides the airport, the resort, and the underground lab? If so, what?
That's all I've got, at the moment. These are also mostly rhetorical, but I would certainly be interested in others' insights about these questions/observations.
Well said. If this was Marvel Comics, I'd give you a no-prize.

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
Of course all the tech people and the flight crew would be girls too. I can see a tech girl wearing daisy dukes and a leather tool belt wandering the halls. <fantasy>off</fantasy>
Oh yeah, I can totally see that. :sneaky:

Wait ... I don't have to imagine it, I can google it:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: junior366 and SiJa

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
The resort and lab both certainly use a lot of electricity, so there has to be a significant power plant somewhere on the island; and, assuming that HI, Inc. owns the entire island, there would be HI-employees operating the power plant ("power babes").

Kutukintey

May 30, 2021
Hey all,
First off, thanks so much for time and effort put into this game its awesome!
I've been playing for about a week or so and it seems to have stopped working, I've tried re-extracting and troubleshooting with no luck. I click on the icon and nothing happens.
I've checked the event viewer in windows and this is what its throwing up:

Faulting application name: HolidayIsland.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60517191
Faulting module name: libpython2.7.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x604d84f0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000966fb
Faulting process ID: 0x23d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d75adec1706f39
Faulting application path: D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.3.0.0-pc\HolidayIsland.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.3.0.0-pc\lib\windows-x86_64\libpython2.7.dll
Report ID: 9a4426b0-0583-444c-a284-1e06cb67f283
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've tried googling the code 0xc0000005 - but don't see an obvious fix.
I've also tried stopping the usual windows security features with no luck and running as admin.

Any ideas? Im gutted its stopped working.
Cheers.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hey all,
I've been playing for about a week or so and it seems to have stopped working, I've tried re-extracting and troubleshooting with no luck. I click on the icon and nothing happens.

Faulting application name: HolidayIsland.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60517191
Faulting module name: libpython2.7.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x604d84f0
Faulting application path: D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.3.0.0-pc\HolidayIsland.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.3.0.0-pc\lib\windows-x86_64\libpython2.7.dll

I've also tried stopping the usual windows security features with no luck and running as admin.

Cheers.
That is about as generic as it gets. Most likely has nothing to do with HI. Did you recently apply updates to Windows? Make hardware changes?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hey all,

Cheers.
Try that https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/page-1187#post-5877906

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
That is about as generic as it gets. Most likely has nothing to do with HI. Did you recently apply updates to Windows? Make hardware changes?
That is the app crash error when the" it worked and now it's not" occurs
When it happens the log and traceback are of no use.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
That is the app crash error when the" it worked and now it's not" occurs
When it happens the log and traceback are of no use.
Just curious. You mean this is a programmed abend by Python when the persistent storage gets corrupted? If so, that is horrible. They could at least put something understandable in the log like 'we pulled the pin from the grenade as we didn't know what else to do'.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Just curious. You mean this is a programmed abend by Python when the persistent storage gets corrupted? If so, that is horrible. They could at least put something understandable in the log like 'we pulled the pin from the grenade as we didn't know what else to do'.
I only know that is the app crash error related to this occurrence.
I first experienced it during testing after screwing with a console commande, then it happened on its own. I was able to fix it just by doing a fresh install, a scan file on C:\ and several reboot in betweeen and SiJa found a real workaround with the persistant file.

• Hey there
Reactions: SiJa and zapallbugs

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
It was a user cookie jar who had the problem and I was trying to help them solve the issue.
It was solved by removing the Persistent file.
I did some investigating and found some ideas why, but this has not been seen before and not commented on by Renpy themselves or any other game as far as I can see, although most games have not updated yet.

The Persistent file stores all the key data for the game outside of a save file, so things like volume settings, screen resolution, text size etc... which load regardless of the save game.
It's possible the new version of Renpy adds some new data or commands to the file which for some reason if you replace it with an old version copy makes the game crash on loading, not seeing these new commands or data which is needed with the new version of Renpy.
Hence, if you let it create a new one, not copy an old version, it works fine.
The downside is you will need to redo the plane arrival scenes for the other girls if you are a completist person.
But it's a small thing compared to not having the game running.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes