• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

JSF2

Jun 1, 2017
I updated my Radeon driver and now Holiday Island doesn't launch any more, unlike other renpy games.
I suspect the video animation on the start screen may be the culprit. Any idea whether I can edit that away in some configuration file?

I also tried telling a config file to try windowed mode, but found no setting for it.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I updated my Radeon driver and now Holiday Island doesn't launch any more, unlike other renpy games.
I suspect the video animation on the start screen may be the culprit. Any idea whether I can edit that away in some configuration file?

I also tried telling a config file to try windowed mode, but found no setting for it.
Is the game loading, but then crashing when you try to load a savegame or start a new one?
Or, is it just not loading at all?

JSF2

Jun 1, 2017
The mouse pointer turns into an hourglass for two seconds when I try to launch the game and that's it.

The problem began right after I updated my Radeon RX580 driver to 21.5.2 (newest version). Maybe I need to downgrade the driver again. I had it updated becuase of recurring driver timeouts on desktop and in windowed applications.

Reactions: SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
The mouse pointer turns into an hourglass for two seconds when I try to launch the game and that's it.

The problem began right after I updated my Radeon RX580 driver to 21.5.2 (newest version). Maybe I need to downgrade the driver again. I had it updated because of recurring driver timeouts on desktop and in windowed applications.
This sounds like it could be the Persistent file problem I was just talking about.
Have a look at this post and see if it helps...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5877906

Think it could be just a coincidence this happened as you updated your graphics drivers... but is best to always update them to the latest version of the driver to help stop crashes and bugs etc...

Last edited:

JSF2

Jun 1, 2017
Yes, it's fixed, thanks.
That's super weird, for renpy shouldn't load savegame data so early in the launch AND all other renpy games were unaffected.

Reactions: SiJa

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
This sounds like it could be the Persistent file problem I was just talking about.
Have a look at this post and see if it helps...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5877906

Think it could be just a coincidence this happened as you updated your graphics drivers... but is best to always update them to the latest version of the driver to help stop crashes and bugs etc...
But if the cause really was an outside update I think I can see why removing the persistent file helps. That basically is a cold reset of the Renpy system. Kind of a software reboot.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
But if the cause really was an outside update I think I can see why removing the persistent file helps. That basically is a cold reset of the Renpy system. Kind of a software reboot.
Yes, I would say more of a config reset.
Each game you have has its own renpy code to use/run, so that's why some games will work fine, running an old version.
Also, each game have their own Persistent file for that game.

JSF2

Jun 1, 2017
So, an old problem of mine: I unlocked the new room wallpapers at the reception, but there's no app to use them.
What did I miss?

chaf

Oct 10, 2017
how can you find daniela's age and what kinds of gene therapies she had
without cheating or its not possible in this version?

Screenshot (72) (Small).png

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
So, an old problem of mine: I unlocked the new room wallpapers at the reception, but there's no app to use them.
What did I miss?
Go into a girls profile and click on the scene/event/appointment you want to use the image on your wall.
You should see an iconic the bottom right that says show the frame.
That should allow you to edit and select which wall screen the image to go to.
Then the icon will appear for changing the frames.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
The resort and lab both certainly use a lot of electricity, so there has to be a significant power plant somewhere on the island; and, assuming that HI, Inc. owns the entire island, there would be HI-employees operating the power plant ("power babes").
The Power Plant is located in the backroom of the reception area.
Inside is a hamster wheel, and a Duck running really fast /sweat

Well, yeah, but actually, it's not that much.
I'm pretty sure they need a second power plant just for Jessica's vibrator.

God help us all if the thing run out of juice. :eek:
Not to worry, I can keep it up!

Heidi keeps me going (Heidi is our maintenance intern)
And Heidi is not a running out of anything type of girl.

Where Faye stops, Heidi starts.
And I'll run for that :D(y)

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Well, yeah, but actually, it's not that much.
I'm pretty sure they need a second power plant just for Jessica's vibrator.

God help us all if the thing run out of juice. :eek:
Maybe she'd be forced to do something more... drastic in some of those teasing scenarios...

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
The Power Plant is located in the backroom of the reception area.
Inside is a hamster wheel, and a Duck running really fast /sweat

Not to worry, I can keep it up!

Heidi keeps me going (Heidi is our maintenance intern)
And Heidi is not a running out of anything type of girl.

Where Faye stops, Heidi starts.
And I'll run for that :D(y)
I have never seen a Duck run !!! :ROFLMAO:
Do they not waddle with those webbed feet? :unsure:

I think this guy is the real dynamo of the generator plant...

:ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes