Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
As a silent bystander let me just say that. Sorry for your condition, but this is getting ridiculous. You don't need forgiveness, there weren't really any transgressions, but the whole thing was tedious to read. You made your point, you want more content for your favourite girls. Understandable. And they will get more content in the future, I'm sure. However, the discussion (yes, this is a forum for discussion) ends when the game's dev says no.
Well, I feel that this is the only thread that I could discuss Holiday Island in. I feel that I got off on the wrong foot with you all. I just have these manic episodes sometimes, that always leave me regretting my words and actions.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Hi, i played v3.0.1 for some hours at one point i try to use cheats to speed up a pocker game and game crashes. After this i try to re-launch it, but game silent crash/shutdown without any message. I tried to make a clean install from scratch, rebbot pc, but still same issue.

Any Idea how to solve that ?
What cheat did you use while in game?

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hi, i played v3.0.1 for some hours at one point i try to use cheats to speed up a pocker game and game crashes. After this i try to re-launch it, but game silent crash/shutdown without any message. I tried to make a clean install from scratch, rebbot pc, but still same issue.

Any Idea how to solve that ?
The Ren'Py engine stores the saves in two locations. Did you delete all of it, meaning also the persistent files in your users/.../appdata/roaming/renpy folder?

Reactions: Ryleii

Shadyacres

Nov 18, 2017
Last time I played was back in MArch. Am I going to have to start all over again? Saves keep giving errors. Ver 0.2.3.0 saves.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Last time I played was back in MArch. Am I going to have to start all over again? Saves keep giving errors. Ver 0.2.3.0 saves.
Without knowing what kind of errors you are experiencing all we can do is guess. That being said, it probably has to do with your persistent file. Do a search and you'll find many, many, many posts where that issue has been addressed and a solution posted.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I'm into this game quite a bit now and have no current quests save a few maybe for girls that I haven't invited to the Island yet. But I've got a few basic questions that escaped me until now, and they aren't really covered in the Companion Guide. Maybe a kind soul can answer me:

- Can you lose looks / charms / hacking points other than neglecting to shower? If so I could finally sell my stash of beauty cream.
- For the girls: Does attractiveness do anything other than give Yumiko a chance to manipulate the stat by +2 / +1 / -2?
- Along the same lines: Girls' strangth - important or not, other than a small questline for Yvette?
- Is "Personal Favor" (gained from Poker) implemented yet, or is the amount just added to Company Favor?
- Aer those templates for the room frames stored somewhere? The first one came with a pic of Joy, but when I bought the right and left one the pic vanished and I can't find it anywhere. (I put up Yvette and Jess instead.) Well, actually I found Joy's photo on the phone now, but somehow Yvette and Jess aren't there?

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
- Can you lose looks / charms / hacking points other than neglecting to shower? If so I could finally sell my stash of beauty cream.
- Along the same lines: Girls' strangth - important or not, other than a small questline for Yvette?
- Is "Personal Favor" (gained from Poker) implemented yet, or is the amount just added to Company Favor?
Skills and traits cannot be permanently lost, only temporary negative effects exist (ex. not showering, not eating, not sleeping, drunk)

Girl's Strength is mostly used as a reference, which is to say the player's strength is measured against it. Messing with it tend to break the game sooner or later, followed by a restart.

Personal favor is implemented but not used that many places yet, it is not related to company favor. It can act as a attritbute for passing a test, other times it acts as payment if low affection/lust/love (the action costs favor instead of being accepted by the girl)

Thanks for that DuckSwim, I wanted to echo some of his questions and got one answer so far Awesome!
Welcome, some more added above.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I'm into this game quite a bit now and have no current quests save a few maybe for girls that I haven't invited to the Island yet. But I've got a few basic questions that escaped me until now, and they aren't really covered in the Companion Guide. Maybe a kind soul can answer me:

- For the girls: Does attractiveness do anything other than give Yumiko a chance to manipulate the stat by +2 / +1 / -2?
- Aer those templates for the room frames stored somewhere? The first one came with a pic of Joy, but when I bought the right and left one the pic vanished and I can't find it anywhere. (I put up Yvette and Jess instead.) Well, actually I found Joy's photo on the phone now, but somehow Yvette and Jess aren't there?
I have never lost a hacking point under any circumstance, but you lose looks to not showering, and charm to too MUCH booze (both temporary).

Attractiveness - see DuckSwim's answer.

Personal favor is used to NOT have to lose affection from the girls for changing their outfits.

piedpiper423

Feb 25, 2019
so guys,how can i get Yvette blue underwear? I got the mission,ask bartender,but now I don’t konw how to"ask Yvette for measures",should I buy her a drink at the bar?

please HELP!!!

GordonShock

Jul 23, 2021
Personal favor is used to NOT have to lose affection from the girls for changing their outfits.
Personal favor is implemented but not used that many places yet, it is not related to company favor. It can act as an attribute for passing a test, other times it acts as payment if low affection/lust/love (the action costs favor instead of being accepted by the girl)
Indeed this is what I gathered from my short experience with the game so far, although I have yet to find out how to replenish it. Looking forward to figuring it out ;)

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
When you want to learn the measurements of the girls, you can also do that at breakfast, lunch and dinner by listening to chat and rumors. The more girls are present the more chatter there will be. If you're lucky, you will hear a conversation like the one shown below.
However, directly asking a girl as Irgendwie Irgendwo said, is the fast track. You will lose affection that way, but, that can easily be restored by talking to the girl about things that she likes.
1628026880333.png

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes