anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
It's funny, I've always been a bit confused when folks complain about how difficult the poker is in this game as I've always found it pretty easy to win.

However, after spending the evening teaching my mother-in-law and 10yo twins how to play, I've got a better idea of how folks might struggle. They got to grips with 5-card draw relatively well, but Texas hold 'em kinda blew their minds.

My mother-in-law did get 4 straights in a row at one point though... what a shark.

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
after spending the evening teaching my mother-in-law and 10yo twins how to play, I've got a better idea of how folks might struggle. They got to grips with 5-card draw relatively well, but Texas hold 'em kinda blew their minds.
Well ... I once was foolish enough to try to teach magic the gathering to my mother ...

No ... all things considered, texas hold'em is easy.

jamiewan

Feb 11, 2020
It's funny, I've always been a bit confused when folks complain about how difficult the poker is in this game as I've always found it pretty easy to win.

However, after spending the evening teaching my mother-in-law and 10yo twins how to play, I've got a better idea of how folks might struggle. They got to grips with 5-card draw relatively well, but Texas hold 'em kinda blew their minds.

My mother-in-law did get 4 straights in a row at one point though... what a shark.
All you have to do when you lose is scroll back and keep replaying new hands until you win. It's never the same hand twice.

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
All you have to do when you lose is scroll back and keep replaying new hands until you win. It's never the same hand twice.
Depends on the level of the girls playing as well. If you play against Joy or Jennifer you're still doing a lot of scroll backs as the two of them get better cards.

GordonShock

Jul 23, 2021

Quite frankly the strip poker mini-game is my least favorite feature even though it leads to greatness. Its inclusion is a no-brainer given the context but the execution makes the pace of the game slows down to a crawl. That is unfortunate as pacing seems to me to be one of the game's greatest strengths.

I'm thankful for the cheat though and I use it all the time. I understand that "strip blackjack" may not have the same ring to it but Blackjack with "best out of three rounds" would've rendered the mini-game suspenseful and rewarding while keeping the pace flowing.

Not trolling of course, just my humble unsolicited two cents.

Cheers

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I usually use the Poker cheat that tells you who wins the hand, then either continue or fold. After doing it so much I don't want to bother with the save scumming.

Reactions: Bantry

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
Quite frankly the strip poker mini-game is my least favorite feature even though it leads to greatness. Its inclusion is a no-brainer given the context but the execution makes the pace of the game slows down to a crawl. That is unfortunate as pacing seems to me to be one of the game's greatest strengths.

I'm thankful for the cheat though and I use it all the time. I understand that "strip blackjack" may not have the same ring to it but Blackjack with "best out of three rounds" would've rendered the mini-game suspenseful and rewarding while keeping the pace flowing.

Not trolling of course, just my humble unsolicited two cents.

Cheers
I quite like the poker and the fact that it forces me to slow down a bit. Sometimes I feel like I'm just clicking through as I chase achievements. I can understand if folks don't like it though; poker isn't for everyone.

I'm still pleased that my daughters and mother-in-law asked to have another game. It looks like I didn't scare them off...

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
The roll-back function is good for the poker games without much content, but I'll always play without cheating on the girls that have more chat and teasing if they get their clothes back.

I'd quite like DarkHound to implement more chat in all the poker games as it adds a nice dimension and more immersion. There's nothing like getting teased about them winning clothes back after a bad-beat!

I'd love to get some depth, like if you fold when they're bluffing and they show the cards and give you a hard time over it. I'm not sure how the poker is coded, so that might be a bit much to ask though.

GordonShock

Jul 23, 2021
The roll-back function is good for the poker games without much content, but I'll always play without cheating on the girls that have more chat and teasing if they get their clothes back.

I'd quite like DarkHound to implement more chat in all the poker games as it adds a nice dimension and more immersion. There's nothing like getting teased about them winning clothes back after a bad-beat!

I'd love to get some depth, like if you fold when they're bluffing and they show the cards and give you a hard time over it. I'm not sure how the poker is coded, so that might be a bit much to ask though.
Admittedly my coding knowledge is rather small but that's quite the tall order you have here!

Though your ideas are pretty cool and I foresee that the inclusion of AI in adult games in the near future may very well offer that kind of detail and beyond. Fun times ahead!

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes