fogyfool

Aug 17, 2017
Version 0.3.1 - development news (updated 12. of August 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.1).​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.0.0.
The next main release is 0.3.1 which will be an incremental update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.0.0 to 0.3.1.0 has:
290 additional renders, videos or sound files
81 updated renders

New features and content
  • The beach bar will be turned into a location you can visit --> still working on it
  • Sara can visit the night bar and you can have a drink with her --> still working on it
  • Desire gets an extended workout yoga scene --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets a pool pose scene in her skimpy bikini --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • Miriam gets a beach pose scene that is linked to a quest --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Alice gets a web search with 6 images (shipendale lingerie) --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Sara gets an appointment at the doctor's office as part of Miriam's quest --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Miriam gets an extended walk on the beach scene --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Yvette gets an extended pool sunbed scene in webp format --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Yvette gets an extended event in her room, where she changes into her bikini --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Yvette gets an extended scene posing in her blue lingerie that can end with a round of poker --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Rainy days (before or after noon) will be added, where all activity is inside - so the girls will not use the pool or the beach during the rain --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Heather gets an event in the MC's room, where she asks to use the MC's shower --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • The new special action (pose butt) has been added for Desire, Faye, Jennifer and Yumiko --> will be part of 0.3.0.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • Yumiko's "guess who" game gets 10 additional images --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Yumiko's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • All the reception sprites have been replaced by high res versions --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • The first visit to Joy's office has been rewritten and rendered in high quality. There are 4 new images as well. --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • The girl selection screen (used when visiting or masturbating) can now display up to 23 girls and is auto sized to display 1, 2 or 3 rows --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Hovering your mouse over the trophies will now display some details (number of interactions or wins) --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Poker trophy will be available --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • The visit a girl screen will show the information if the girl is in her room or not, provided you have hacked her sub dermal implant to level 3 --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Changed the balancing for the hotshots to make the MC undress more --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Achievements can be displayed in full screen now --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Quick access to tasks and appointment schedule --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
Bug fixes
  • Replaying Yvette's "Plane girl arrival event" was using Aly's event instead, so text and pictures didn't match --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • When a girl poses her butt at the gym, Jennifer suddenly appears in the picture, even at times she isn't there. --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Missing scrollbar has been added for weekly trophies and scrollbar size has been fixed for total trophies --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • The size calculation in the "Open tasks and quests" app was bugged, so that it could happen that the last open task/quest wasn't shown fully or even wasn't shown at all. --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Replaying Amy's event where she tells you she needs to leave the island made her also leave during the replay --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Fixed a crash with "Sayer char.talk is not defined" when you talk with Yvette at her room when the towel slips --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • The cooldown at the lifeguard tower was also triggered when the lifeguard wasn't present --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • Severe stuttering and lags on some PCs on animations using the animation player. The reason is the added "game time" timer --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • File "game/actions.rpy", line 1967, in <module> NameError: name 'l_walk_image' is not defined --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • File "game/loc_pool.rpy", line 565, in <module> NameError: name 'l_inclination' is not defined --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • Fixed one use of i_char1 instead of i_char that lead to a crash --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • Corrected some minor things (mainly typos) --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1

Is the update going to break save games?
0.3.1.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.3.1.0 --> no idea yet

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really would like to have extra scenes with Ivy, Eva and Desire. Any chance that that might happen in onze of the upcoming updates???

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I really would like to have extra scenes with Ivy, Eva and Desire. Any chance that that might happen in onze of the upcoming updates???
Become a supporter of Darkhound on Patreon. And maybe if enough patrons there voice an interest in this it might happen. Then again it may not, as there are more popular girls needing content too.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Right now the Creator is focused on developing the story, so it won't be for the next update.
Becoming a supporter is a great way to be heard, but
the Developer is going to follow his muse no matter what.

Of Ivy, Eva and Desire, Desire is most likely to get some new scenes since she has the quest for college photos to come.

Ivy needs some love, it's true, but her height requires a lot of planning in the rendering.
However, her Easter Egg at the Reception Desk could easily be added to her achievements.

To show you the scope of the problem, Delizia could easily get 19 more achievements:

But a huge amount of writing and rendering would be required to get 19 achievements for Desire. This would take up the entire update and at least 3 months. Maybe two of the following could be included in an update.

Reactions: Bantry

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Guys, we are getting a bit off track with all this talk about coffee or otherwise. I am not sure, is there even a reference to coffee in the actual game at all? If we have nothing else to talk about maybe Duck has some more renders stashed somewhere?

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Guys, we are getting a bit off track with all this talk about coffee or otherwise. I am not sure, is there even a reference to coffee in the actual game at all? If we have nothing else to talk about maybe Duck has some more renders stashed somewhere?
Some, yes.

1628951248372.png

The number should be halved due to Daz creating icon (previews) files.
And there are likely a couple of hundred PSD files too (PS postwork)

I should probably clean up some more.

Anyways, I reckon those that related to a HI girl, in some manner, is around 2.000, of which perhaps 200 are full renders.

And, apparently it is 2 years ago, yesterday, that I installed Daz the first time.
Funny coincidence.

Being me, I of course have an excel overview on how that turned out,

1628953165104.png

I have a lot more girls than that (obviously) but I reckon a bit on topic is relevant.

Not really fan art
The observant will notice a feature I have touched upon before, https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5895628, easiest to call it fan art though, so there is that.

Last edited:

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Some, yes.

View attachment 1352059

The number should be halved due to Daz creating icon (previews) files.
And there are likely a couple of hundred PSD files too (PS postwork)

I should probably clean up some more.

Anyways, I reckon those that related to a HI girl, in some manner, is around 2.000, of which perhaps 200 are full renders.

And, apparently it is 2 years ago, yesterday, that I installed Daz the first time.
Funny coincidence.

Being me, I of course have an excel overview on how that turned out,

View attachment 1352115

I have a lot more girls than that (obviously) but I reckon a bit on topic is relevant.

Not really fan art
The observant will notice a feature I have touched upon before, https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5895628, easiest to call it fan art though, so there is that.
Please make some more Yvette pictures in some sexy dresses and sexy lingerie please!!!!

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
As junior366 has proven to be an unfailing good sport all the years I have been in this forum, I'll offer him a pick from my stash of unpublished renders.

Pick one (1) of the following as a 2nd year, weekend render,
  • Mighty Ms
    • Faye and DS Luna meet, Office setting, 1 full render.
  • Nuts and Bolts
    • Fan art Alice scene that made it into the game, Bedroom setting, 1 Partial render
  • Water's Edge
    • Topless Jessica cameo by Aurelie, also you get busted by Yumiko, yeah ... work on stealth, Pool setting, 1 full render.
If you don't feel like picking one, that's fine, I'll chose one by random (Deadline, Sunday Evening, 6 pm, USA EST)
Water's Edge, only thing better than big-ass tiddies is big-ass NAKED tiddies!!! Thanks!!!

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Water's Edge, the only thing better than big-ass tiddies is big-ass NAKED tiddies!!! Thanks!!!
You should really remember that Ducky does not share Naked Topless (or as some of us call it "Ooh La La").
Here is something more to what you probably thought it would be...
;)

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
You should really remember that Ducky does not do Naked Topless (or as some of us call it "Ooh La La").
Here is something more to what you probably thought it would be...
;)
No, that is not quite right.

The Alice render was/is a frontal nude (hand over vagina though, even naughty have standards)
Given it ended up in the game and spawned a set of renders there, it is implied that it is NSFW adult.

I do not share nudes with anyone but Darkhound.
But that particular one I had agreed with Darkhound beforehand could be shared as an exception.

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
No, that is not quite right.

The Alice render was/is a frontal nude (hand over vagina though, even naughty have standards)
Given it ended up in the game and spawned a set of renders there, it is implied that it is NSFW adult.

I do not share nudes with anyone but Darkhound.
But that particular one I had agreed with Darkhound beforehand could be shared as an exception.
Bit confused here??
My reply was to Junior's comment about " big-ass NAKED tiddies!!!"
Okay, I am guessing, but I would say, he and others were thinking the...
"Topless Jessica cameo by Aurelie, also you get busted by Yumiko" would show those " big-ass NAKED tiddies!!!"
Hence my comment about you don't do (okay, can change that to share with all, if you like) fully topless renders.

I have no idea about an Alice frontal nude render ??

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes