MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018

On an island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

The Long Game

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Reactions: GordonShock

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
Im having the same problem as someone else earlier today. The game just will not open. Im on windows 10, running 0.3.0.0, not modded. I have tried reinstalling, tried updating, tried moving saves and deleting the persistant file, running as administrator, running the 32bit version. Funny thing is the game was working just fine this morning. When I try to launch the game it creates a file called log.txt. Here is whats inside it.

Thu Sep 9 17:31:06 2021
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.08s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.05s
Loading error handling took 0.19s
Loading script took 3.35s

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks
Have you updated to 21H1? I had many issues with the O/S and the game (as well as Firefox) and finally gave into the update. My problems went away. Not saying that is your issue but the O/S dictates program functionality.

Jul 9, 2021
So im at the part with the lab questline.
Even though I never had her in the island at all during this playthrough, is it hard-coded that yvette will be featured or can one of the other girls appear? Just found it odd and a little humorous that yvette and MC have never met in my game but they're best buds.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
So im at the part with the lab questline.
Even though I never had her in the island at all during this playthrough, is it hard-coded that yvette will be featured or can one of the other girls appear? Just found it odd and a little humorous that yvette and MC have never met in my game but they're best buds.
It seems to be hard-coded. In my playthrough they constantly mentioned Amy being the life of the party that everybody went to while being in the lab and she is not even on the Island.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Just Shoot Me

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Reactions: GordonShock

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It seems to be hard-coded. In my playthrough they constantly mentioned Amy being the life of the party that everybody went to while being in the lab and she is not even on the Island.
Yeah a number of the girls are hard coded for that segment and true it would be much nicer if we could have our main girls there in those scenes, but if remember how much extra scenes the dev would have to render for that (he likely would be still busy with those scenes now) and the amount of easy to bug code that would need to make the correct choice in game for all the possible options, I can understand why he chose to do it as he did.

That it might have been wiser to propel Mercedes or Miriam or the doc bit faster and use them for those scenes and that using them there might have made more sense or even Joy or her cousin that has to be there for every play through anyway is another thing, but that is not what dev chose for those scenes so yeah that can feel weird if never really interacted with them, but understandable.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Yeah a number of the girls are hard coded for that segment and true it would be much nicer if we could have our main girls there in those scenes, but if remember how much extra scenes the dev would have to render for that (he likely would be still busy with those scenes now) and the amount of easy to bug code that would need to make the correct choice in game for all the possible options, I can understand why he chose to do it as he did.

That it might have been wiser to propel Mercedes or Miriam or the doc bit faster and use them for those scenes and that using them there might have made more sense or even Joy or her cousin that has to be there for every play through anyway is another thing, but that is not what dev chose for those scenes so yeah that can feel weird if never really interacted with them, but understandable.
Of course. In my case it was even weirder as I started the sequence when I had an appointment with Heather later that day. So when I returned from the lab she was p.o.'ed with me for missing the date. I mean, hello, I was in hospital with a broken ankle, you dolt?

But obviously, the dev can't consider all eventualities.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
About the "inconsistencies" during the lab time.
Yvette flies back to the island when she isn't present at the time of the accident. She even explains it.
What I didn't consider is that someone might play the game for 50 days and has never even met her.
It just never occured to me :D

With the MC out of the picture, all girls were invited to the party on the island. So they came back for this occasion.

Of course. In my case it was even weirder as I started the sequence when I had an appointment with Heather later that day. So when I returned from the lab she was p.o.'ed with me for missing the date. I mean, hello, I was in hospital with a broken ankle, you dolt?

This is something that can be fixed - but I hadn't thought of it.
An easy option would be to clear all appointments when the twisted ankle event starts.

Jul 9, 2021

same thing happened to me, I had a date with Alice and she was PISSED

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
This is what the end of the boob contest looked like when I played it just now. As you can see, naturally, I had Eva win the contest. I had to reschedule her reward due to an appointment at 21:00 (dinner with Amy). And I set Eva's to 18:00. Mercedes is floating in the background on her flying sun lounger :LOL:. I breezed through much of the contest by holding down the control button. The list of improvements Bantry just posted, does not seem to include this bug. So maybe it is an unknown one?

ps.: I just replayed the scene and it reproducibly occurs when you have to reschedule the appointment at the end of the contest. It seems Mercedes is displayed too early in that case. She appears in the following scene right in that location.

1631497071196.png

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021
Not sure if this is a software problem or a hardware problem but I figured it was worth bringing up anyway since it does have an impact on game play. I'm running v0301 on android and I've found that when I am using a function on the phone that requires scrolling up (like the appointment/scene/event list for each girl) 99 times out of 100 the screen will not move. Instead I end up registering an "up swipe" which opens the main game menu, effectively leaving me unable to see anything on those phone apps that is below the bottom edge of the screen.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
This is what the end of the boob contest looked like when I played it just now. As you can see, naturally, I had Eva win the contest. I had to reschedule her reward due to an appointment at 21:00 (dinner with Amy). And I set Eva's to 18:00. Mercedes is floating in the background on her flying sun lounger :LOL:. I breezed through much of the contest by holding down the control button. The list of improvements Bantry just posted, does not seem to include this bug. So maybe it is an unknown one?

ps.: I just replayed the scene and it reproducibly occurs when you have to reschedule the appointment at the end of the contest. It seems Mercedes is displayed too early in that case. She appears in the following scene right in that location.

View attachment 1402275
I happen to like Mercedes' awesome new levitation skillz!! :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes