Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I did use Unren, but I only did it for images, so I thought it was ok. I'll do a reinstall & let you know.
Edit: I did it and it worked.
Now I'm going to use Unren because Bantry says if you don't play the game, you can just look at the pictures.
If you "unren" the game, you must do it again after the small update.

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Maybe I still have something wrong, but when you shower and have taken the blue pill, the image isn't correctly sized.
Fixed already?
Maybe there's a simple fix I missed?
Maybe I borked it by using Unren.

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Maybe I still have something wrong, but when you shower and have taken the blue pill, the image isn't correctly sized.
Fixed already?
Maybe there's a simple fix I missed?
Maybe I borked it by using Unren.
FWIW, I typically save a copy of HI to a flash drive and then Unren that copy to access the pictures (generally for FanFic purposes, in my case) so that the version that I actually play is "pristine".

fjdklafda

Jul 8, 2020
Hey Darkhound! A question, why the BIG girls like Ivy, Natasha or Faye aren't in the Tit fight? Too much to handle? Hahah congrats!

It would be the opportunity to show who is more muscular and stronger, Ivy or the twins. :love:

By the way, I found that the twins looked a little thin, here I added more volume to them with PicsArt, it's rough but more volume and muscle would help. It's sexier.

View attachment 3962107
Hey darkhound1 ,we need to have Natasha shine once more before she becomes completed. The two biggest bust in holiday island, Natasha & Faye not being in the event is pretty unfortunate.

• Love
Reactions: Deadshot1984

mcleod1987

Jan 22, 2019
Getting a crash during the intro

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: 'bool' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "intro.rpyc", line 16, in script
File "intro.rpyc", line 16, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1393, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/character.py", line 1205, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 871, in do_display
**display_args)
File "renpy/character.py", line 621, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3586, in interact_core
if renpy.display.draw.update(force=self.display_reset):
TypeError: 'bool' object is not callable

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.4.5.1
Thu Aug 29 23:34:07 2024

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
I did use Unren, but I only did it for images, so I thought it was ok. I'll do a reinstall & let you know.
Edit: I did it and it worked.
Now I'm going to use Unren because Bantry says if you don't play the game, you can just look at the pictures.
If you only want to see the images, use RPA Extractor.

Reactions: Puppet Master

Vicky Pedia

Jul 25, 2017
tried running HI on my iPad inside the Spark app, which runs dozens of ren‘py games just fine. Holiday Island on the other side i never managed to get running, error code in the spoiler. Problem regarding 4.5.0, but also 4.1.0

any ideas?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: tried it with 4.5.1 as well, same result:

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 34, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "options.rpyc", line 16, in script
File "/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/94567BBB-78AE-4D3E-B9E8-85C412633E5E/Spark.app/EngineBase/7.7.2/renpy/ast.py", line 2222, in execute
self.set()
File "/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/94567BBB-78AE-4D3E-B9E8-85C412633E5E/Spark.app/EngineBase/7.7.2/renpy/ast.py", line 2240, in set
ns.set(self.varname, value)
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 34, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
File "/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/94567BBB-78AE-4D3E-B9E8-85C412633E5E/Spark.app/EngineBase/7.7.2/renpy/defaultstore.py", line 101, in __setattr__
raise Exception('config.%s is not a known configuration variable.' % (name))
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

Darwin-23.6.0-iPad16,6-64bit iPad16,6
Ren'Py 7.7.2.24061201
Holiday Island 0.4.5.1
Sat Aug 31 23:47:28 2024
```

Last edited:

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
tried running HI on my iPad inside the Spark app, which runs dozens of ren‘py games just fine. Holiday Island on the other side i never managed to get running, error code in the spoiler. Problem regarding 4.5.0, but also 4.1.0

any ideas?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you can, try updating to 4.5.1 using the patch in the OP.

Vicky Pedia

Jul 25, 2017
If you can, try updating to 4.5.1 using the patch in the OP.

Just tried it and editet my post. Integrated the patch into the 4.5.0 zip file via 7zip. unfortunately, 4.5.1 isn‘t working as well. Neither with different HI versions nor with different engine versions (Spark allows versions 7.6.3 to 8.2.2). Not in regular mode, not in safe mode.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimwalrus

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0500.jpg

Version 0.5.0.0 - development news (updated 3rd of September 2024)

Hi guys and gals,
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.5.0.0).
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.
The change log below is based on the release 0.4.5.0.

As of right now, the update from 0.4.5.0 to 0.5.0.0 has:
90 additional renders, videos or sound files (only includes post worked, finished renders)
0 new backgrounds for the phone
updated renders

New features, major improvements and new content
  • There will be a huge titfight event at the bar with all the specials and some guests -> still working on it
  • Desire will get a new Nightbar drink scene on the red sofa wearing her sexy clothes -> still working on it
  • Desire's workout pecs scene will be re-rendered and a lot of new images will be added -> still working on it
  • Desire's scene at the gym shower gets an additional achievement with a happy ending -> still working on it (renders and post work are done)
  • A new sub location for pool/billiards will be added to the night bar and Amy will get a scene wearing her special dress -> still working on it
  • Natasha gets a remade workout pullups scene -> will be part of 0.5.0
Minor improvements and changes (including image upgrades)
  • Renée's scene at the Nightbar in the green room gets an extension (additional position on the couch) -> will be part of 0.5.0
  • Mia will send a couple of bikini pictures and some text to the MC's phone -> still working on it
Bug fixes
  • Mia's event where she leaves the island could be triggered before her lab scene at the pool -> will be fixed with 0.5.0
Is the update going to break save games?

0.5.0.0 -> No
Estimated release dates:

0.5.0.0 --> no idea yet

4.10 star(s) 227 Votes