Xeonon5

Aug 13, 2023
I've got very few events left in the current build. How often are updates? I know we had one like 2 months back, but am I going to be waiting a while on 0.5? Also whoever made the guide is amazing. IDK how I could have done this without them.

Reactions: Bantry

Xarfaks

Apr 26, 2021
Ok this might be a dumb question....
The first page download do you need to download both the latest game and the 0.4.5.1 patch?
If so how do I apply this patch?
Just copy it into the HolidayIsland-0.4.5.0-pc\game folder?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Ok this might be a dumb question....
The first page download do you need to download both the latest game and the 0.4.5.1 patch?
If so how do I apply this patch?
Just copy it into the HolidayIsland-0.4.5.0-pc\game folder?
Yes on all three questions. If you did it right on loading a save from an older version you see that it gets updated to 0.4.5.1.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I've got very few events left in the current build. How often are updates? I know we had one like 2 months back, but am I going to be waiting a while on 0.5? Also whoever made the guide is amazing. IDK how I could have done this without them.
Since darkhound1 is the only person developing and working on his game, there is no set release pattern. However, you are correct, that every couple of months is a good rule of thumb. He regularly posts update info, (which is then copied and posted within this thread) on his Patreon page.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Since darkhound1 is the only person developing and working on his game, there is no set release pattern. However, you are correct, that every couple of months is a good rule of thumb. He regularly posts update info, (which is then copied and posted within this thread) on his Patreon page.

While there is no set release pattern there is a rhythm or pace around main releases. These have grown larger (and slower) over time and two to three are released a year.

With 4 months to 6 months between being common release 0.5 would be a November or December release.

animbroglio

Oct 13, 2023
Anyone else getting this error constantly like I am?
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 453, in execute_pause
renpy.pause(delay)
TypeError: 'bool' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "intro.rpyc", line 6, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1969, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1957, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
renpy.pause(delay)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1525, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3586, in interact_core
if renpy.display.draw.update(force=self.display_reset):

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.4.5.0
Thu Aug 22 01:18:18 2024

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone else getting this error constantly like I am?

While running game code:
renpy.pause(delay)

Full traceback:
File "intro.rpyc", line 6, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1969, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1957, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
renpy.pause(delay)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1525, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3586, in interact_core
if renpy.display.draw.update(force=self.display_reset):

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.4.5.0
Thu Aug 22 01:18:18 2024
Look at the bottom of your traceback report. You need to install the latest update for the game to bring it up to v.0.4.5.1.

Capture.JPG

The update along with instructions for installing it correctly can be found here.

Capture 2.JPG

Reactions: junior366

animbroglio

Oct 13, 2023
Look at the bottom of your traceback report. You need to install the latest update for the game to bring it up to v.0.4.5.1.

View attachment 3955890

The update along with instructions for installing it correctly can be found here.

View attachment 3955891
Minor changes, and now the game won't open at all after the update. I'm pretty sure I'm one of those that have issues with it being Windows 11, but I have no idea how to fix the drivers so that Renpy or the game works.

While compiling python block starting at line 854 of game/appointments_office.rpy.

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 447, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 283, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 789, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "renpy/script.py", line 463, in finish_load
self.update_bytecode()
File "renpy/script.py", line 843, in update_bytecode
code = renpy.python.py_compile_exec_bytecode(i.source, filename=i.location[0], lineno=i.location[1])
File "renpy/python.py", line 839, in py_compile_exec_bytecode
code = py_compile(source, 'exec', cache=False, **kwargs)
File "renpy/python.py", line 814, in py_compile
ast.increment_lineno(tree, lineno - 1)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 155, in increment_lineno
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 213, in walk
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 179, in iter_child_nodes

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439

Thu Aug 22 19:57:45 2024

animbroglio

Oct 13, 2023
I've tried using the SDK to update the game to a later version of Renpy, but it's not compatible at all. Doesn't help that 7.4.4 is ancient. If anyone has any work-arounds for Windows 11, I'd love to hear them!

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
I've tried using the SDK to update the game to a later version of Renpy, but it's not compatible at all. Doesn't help that 7.4.4 is ancient. If anyone has any work-arounds for Windows 11, I'd love to hear them!
Did you try running it in compatibility mode? Might want to try that...

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Thank you for the compliment. It was Bantry baby at first. I just try and keep it fun and helpful to the player.

Deadshot1984

Mar 20, 2020
The game runs on most windows 11 systems without problems. It's most likely some driver issue.
Hey Darkhound! A question, why the BIG girls like Ivy, Natasha or Faye aren't in the Tit fight? Too much to handle? Hahah congrats!

It would be the opportunity to show who is more muscular and stronger, Ivy or the twins. :love:

By the way, I found that the twins looked a little thin, here I added more volume to them with PicsArt, it's rough but more volume and muscle would help. It's sexier.

Picsart_24-08-24_02-33-21-117.png

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019
A dream come true!!!! Well said

Hey Darkhound! A question, why the BIG girls like Ivy, Natasha or Faye aren't in the Tit fight? Too much to handle? Hahah congrats!

It would be the opportunity to show who is more muscular and stronger, Ivy or the twins. :love: View attachment 3962042

By the way, I found that the twins looked a little thin, here I added more volume to them with PicsArt, it's rough but more volume and muscle would help. It's sexier.

View attachment 3962107

4.10 star(s) 227 Votes