Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hey, I (a brand new player of Holiday island) had a look and my saves file just has a thing called 'persistent'. I have just downloaded it from the link on the first thread and extracted it. Am I missing more downloads or what? If so could you please link them to me
If you don't have any 'Saves' then you are new to the game and haven't played any of it as yet. Either that or you didn't create any 'Save Points' along the way. My advice is to download version (0.1.0.0) and then the bugfix 0.1.0.2 beta. You can find both on the developer's Patreon page.

Homealone

Jun 3, 2017
You should be okay as many of the bugs reported as of late have been for the latest update. The game can be a grind without using cheat codes to advance the girls' and your stats. Just be careful when entering them as wrong ones can 'Bork' the game. At least that used to be the case. Better safe then sorry, so double check your typing before hitting 'enter'. The game is linear and moves along well enough just save often! Repeat, save often! There are 10 plus pages you can use for saves so use them.
the errors started as soon as day one in the game ( you know those errors that you hit "ignore" or "rollback" on)
i didn't even reach 1 pm day one because i'm encountering many of these errors. is that normal to all of you?

maybe i patched the game wrong?

what i did is :
download the patch > unzip > found "game" folder > copy it > paste it in game directory > started game

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Can somebody say how to catch Heather poledance event?
Heather does NOT, repeat NOT dance for you in the bar. At least not yet. Now if you mean her choosing outfits in her room, that is a randomly occurring event that happens when you return to your room. Usually happens between 10:00am and 18:30pm. Only variable is that Heather's affection needs to be 60 or higher.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
the errors started as soon as day one in the game ( you know those errors that you hit "ignore" or "rollback" on)
i didn't even reach 1 pm day one because i'm encountering many of these errors. is that normal to all of you?

maybe i patched the game wrong?

what i did is :
download the patch > unzip > found "game" folder > copy it > paste it in game directory > started game
Well that sounds like you did it correctly. Unless you are copying the 'Game' folder into the 'Game' folder thus creating a new subfolder. Don't want that. When I upgrade I always open the compressed download and copy the contents individually into the previously installed folders.

Homealone

Jun 3, 2017
Unless you are copying the 'Game' folder into the 'Game' folder thus creating a new subfolder.
nope, i didn't.

then it must be the game then, shame cuz i wanted to play it these days.
i'll wait for another release.
thank man :)

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
nope, i didn't.

then it must be the game then, shame cuz i wanted to play it these days.
i'll wait for another release.
thank man :)
Did you try to clean up the saved games folder "island-####" in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy ?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
i liked the game, looks fun. but there are many bugs and errors. even after the latest patch. does it happen with everyone?

should i wait for a more stable release ? or is there a solution for these errors ?
If there are many bugs and errors, you either did something wrong or used an incompatible unzip tool. The game is not the problem. If you post the error log, I can tell most of the time what went wrong.

Jun 4, 2017
Huh . . . I guess I just need to keep re-running it until it triggers, then, because that was the setup I started with. Thanks (and thanks to MonsieurX as well).
I think the key might be finding a time when both are on the beach for two turns in a row (i.e., for an hour); the first time I tried it when that was the case, it triggered.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This poker game sucks hard in this game. I play Texas Hold'em Poker in reallife and on tournaments and never saw such a bad poker game like here. She got randomly everytime a better hand as you and your only chance to win is to hope that she folds often or you get a good hand in a 1 to 1000 per cent chance. I'm really disappointed from this game. And I know that the main focus is on eroge here, but then dont programm a poker game if you don't know how!
The cards are dealt 100% fair. Everything else is just your imagination. The girls play so dump that even if you don't know anything about poker, you win easily. But well I guess you don't really care, since complaining is so much easier.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I think the key might be finding a time when both are on the beach for two turns in a row (i.e., for an hour); the first time I tried it when that was the case, it triggered.
Jessica needs to be on the beach half an hour later as well. You are already with Heather, so she's not going anywhere.

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
i bump into ivy with blue pill and skimpy bikini but the sex doesn't happen. the stats are also full, what am i missing?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
someone can give me unren bat link plz?
Seriously?!?!?!?!? Are you that lazy that you can't do a simple search within f95Zone?
Here, anything else you want some to hold your hand for?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
i bump into ivy with blue pill and skimpy bikini but the sex doesn't happen. the stats are also full, what am i missing?
You need to get an erection during the scene.
Or use the console at the start of the scene and type:
player.add_effect("erection")
This will give you an erection

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
You need to get an erection during the scene.
Or use the console at the start of the scene and type:
player.add_effect("erection")
This will give you an erection
ah okay, i tried to change my lust to 100 but it didn't do anything

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes