Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.4 beta - development news (updated 08/01/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next main version of Holiday Island (0.1.4.0 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.3.0 release.

0.1.4.0 beta will include everything from 0.1.3.0 beta including all content addons and bug fixes.

The next release is 0.1.4.0 beta which includes bug fixes and new content

The update from 0.1.3.3 to 0.1.4.0 has 245 new renders and videos!

New features and content

• Faye gets a very long scene with posing and two videos in the "blue room", a part of the night bar (upstairs) --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta (almost done)
  • Jennifer will reveal her transformation story in an event --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta (still working on it)
  • Desire and Jessica get a hot "girl time" event --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Desire gets an event where she visits your room in a pink maid dress --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Jennifer gets a few scenes where you can visit her in her room --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Getting the new room will be a quest with some different things to do to finally get it --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Jennifer and Yumiko get the "flash breasts" actions --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Jennifer gets an event where she shows you around the new player room --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • There will be a new player room with lots of cool options (please check the other posts about that one) --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Desire gets another poker reward which involves her huge assets --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Desire gets and extended weight lifting scene with a little surprise --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Renée gets the breast flash renders --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Desire maid scene will be rewritten and rerendered --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Faye gets the night drink scene --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
  • Faye gets a short event where you run into her in the hotel corridor --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
Minor improvements and changes

• All pool scenes have been refined to improve picture to picture transitions. Conversation text has been improved as well. --> will be part of 0.1.4 beta
Bug fixes

• Dream images for Renée were not added --> will be fixed with 0.1.4 beta
  • Ivy breast bump event in her swimwear was not supposed to happen in the evening --> will be fixed with 0.1.4 beta
  • Jennifer age and room number are not shown, although the MC knows them --> will be fixed with 0.1.4 beta
  • A bug has been introduced with the quick fixes (it's still there in 0.1.3.3) - the achievements when you visit the girls have vanished --> will be fixed with 0.1.4 beta
Estimated release dates:

0.1.4.0 beta --> January 2019

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Only two entries to finish. I think we'll be seeing a more exact release date soon.
Jessica's transformation story is harder to do than I would have thought.
I had to find a way to use normal renders of her and Joy while she tells it. Couldn't have her showing it all on her phone with no reason for her to take pictures of the scene... ;)
I think I've found a good way to present it now. I can tell as much - it's gonna be the longest single scene/event until now (by far).
It's mainly told from Jennifer's perspective. So it's a bit different than what you're used to.
It's about 2/3 done and it has almost 30 images and about 650 lines right now :D :D :D
You will learn some stuff about Jennifer, her ex boyfriend, some blonde bitch (not an island girl), some revenge story, dedication and some about Joy too. About 40% of the renders will have Joy and about 60% Jennifer content.

I've also replayed about 30% of the game and corrected blank images, spelling errors, bad image to image transitions and other stuff. I probably won't be able to replay it all before the release of 0.1.4 though.
The 30% took more than 5 hours - lol (well to be honest it was gameplay + correction time).

The events file alone has more than 11.000 lines by now :D

Here is Jennifer's body scan image from the lab (without her stats)
Jennifer_event_transformation_lab6.jpg

And here she is waiting for her second treatment:
Jennifer_event_transformation_lab4.jpg

AND!
I finally bought a second GPU today to improve render speed. If all goes as planned, it should be here tomorrow or thursday. It also means double the GPU memory, meaning I will finally be able to render bigger scenes with 2 or 3 characters without having to splitt it.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Out of curiosity, which GPU did you buy ?
GTX 1070ti - wanted to get a RTX 2080 or (ti), but they still seem to have memory problems. And you still have to use a Daz/IRay beta version.
A GTX 1080 is not faster than a 1070 ti in Iray due to later cuda cores in the 1070ti.
And the GTX 1080 ti doesn't make sense any more with the availability of the RTX cards that are much faster.
Once the memory problems with the RTX cards are solved and Daz/Iray non beta supports it, I will probably get a 2080 rtx as well. My mainboard has 2 GPU slots.

Reactions: Bantry

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
GTX 1070ti - wanted to get a RTX 2080 or (ti), but they still seem to have memory problems. And you still have to use a Daz/IRay beta version.
A GTX 1080 is not faster than a 1070 ti in Iray due to later cuda cores in the 1070ti.
And the GTX 1080 ti doesn't make sense any more with the availability of the RTX cards that are much faster.
Once the memory problems with the RTX cards are solved and Daz/Iray non beta supports it, I will probably get a 2080 rtx as well. My mainboard has 2 GPU slots.
Is that going to work heatwise/powerwise operating two cards in parallel? Or are you running an unskinned box anyway?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
So is that like an SLI/Crossfire setup? Whatever makes it easier for you to keep churning out this fine game and its updates.

Reactions: junior366

TaskSpacebar

Mar 17, 2018
So is that like an SLI/Crossfire setup? Whatever makes it easier for you to keep churning out this fine game and its updates.

That's correct, SLI is Nvidia and Crossfire is AMD. As long as Darkhound's PC setup detects both of those cards (From his responses, he is planning to), it as you said, speed up the process.

Reactions: junior366

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Current image/video score per girl (0.1.4 beta)

Hello everyone,

this is an updated sheet to show the number of content each girl has right now (meaning as I write this). The content will change a bit before the release of 0.1.4 beta.

Let me explain the most important columns:

rank (now): The girl's rank based on her current content. A video counts as 10 images (was 15 before). I have changed that. Main reason is that I reuse video files with different speeds. And 10 was more appropriate than 15.

rank (poll): The girl's rank based on the results of the extensive polls that were done for 10$+ patrons not too long ago.

Image deviation: Positive numbers mean the girl has too much content based on her poll results. Negative numbers mean the girl has too little content based on her poll results.

Now what to make of it?

Eva, Alice, Desire, Amy, Eva and Natasha do have too much content right now compared to Yvette

If you look at the numer 283 (the total under image dev.). You can see that Yvette has too little content now compared to the average of the girls. She needs 37 additional images to have a "fair" amount of content.

Joy, Yumiko, Jennifer and Faye need more content based on their poll results.
For Joy due to her special role, it won't be possible to give her that much content.

For all other girls, content distribution is more or less "fair" based on poll results.

Feel free to write your own comments or interpretations :)
Darkhound

new_results.jpg

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Yes and no. IRay doesn't need a SLI bridge. You just plug the two (or even three or four) cards in and you can select them in the IRay renderer. It works in a similar fashion, but IRay auto handles the distribution of the workload to render to the two cards, so SLI is not required. It will even slow things down if you activate it.
Temperature is not a problem. My case it open on one side and has 3 huge fans too.
In addition IRay doesn't use as much GPU power (in terms of wattage) as gaming mode does. For whatever reason I have no idea. It just does.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
The girls on average have 60 character renders and 40 outfit render repetitions
The specials on average have 11 character renders and no outfit render repetitions

So specials are not much from where they should be if that is factored in fully.
Whether it should be factored in wholly or partially, well, probably partially, so 50-60 correction I suppose. ymmv.

---

0.1.4.0 major additions, based on a quick look,
- Desire looks to be taking a big jump 107/9 (render/video). Low render count change compared to her animations, guessing due to reworking her older events, so they provide some of the renders leading to the animations.
- Faye takes a smaller jump 76/3. guessing animatied poledance and/or sex event.
- Jennifer does 76/0 so her story bit will be a major one, but parts not completed yet, so will be bigger.

---

Not seeing how the 283 under imagedeviation means Yvette lacks 37 render. Should her 0 be a 37?
Anyone got on idea on what lead poll% is?

---

On a personal note : Videos changed to weight 10? Aaaaaaaargh. My content calculations!
Sigh. I should have made it a calculation in the content sheets not a static total. Have to redo them now, well, eventually :)

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes