Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
@ althworld

I added this to my FAQ which is attached. I PMed you a copy. Be aware that there are many spoilers! I hope this helps.

9) How do I buy things in the game?
The economy is based on Holiday Island favor points or just HI points. You gain these points by collecting sperm samples and turning them in to the doctor. The doctor will gain favor: one point per sample. You will be awarded HI points. There are three kinds of sperm samples: high, where your lust was high when it was collected, listed in your inventory as sperm (h) vial; low, where your lust was low when collected, sperm (l) vial, and enhanced high, where your lust was high and you were under the effects of the blue pill when collected, sperm (eh) vial. When you turn the samples in, you will get half as much for low than for high. You can receive a blue pill with enough high samples and a green pill for enough low samples. Eh samples are used to complete quests to gain access to girl's information from their implants. Eventually, 100 HI points can be obtained each time you beat Joy at poker.
Once you gain HI points, you can quickly spend 50 points to buy a watch from the doctor which will monitor your vitals and can later be used to track the girl's stats. Sometime later, Joy will send you a letter about a shopping app which will be added to your phone which you can use to buy pills, gifts, binoculars, a new phone, a battery charger, beauty products, and clothing. Knowledge of a girl's measurements will be necessary in order to buy clothing. Sometimes you will need to have the receptionist unlock access to certain items.

I hope this helps.

Jake Masters

Nov 9, 2018
It's official. I should have said Guess Who with Yumiko was bugging out for me instead of Hot Shots...and even after a clean delete and install, I keep getting error messages. Poor, poor Yumiko can't play Guess Who with my MC yet :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: junior366

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Try opening the console with <SHIFT- o> (o not zero) and type:
call create_minigame_picture_pool

Hit <ESC> to exit.
This made Yumiko start sending me pics again.
If you keep getting the can't find Amy pic error, it will be fixed in the next update on Sunday.

lots`o`fap

Dec 22, 2017
Anybody tried NiceErotica's mod with v0.1.6? The mod specifies working with the previous version but not this latest. I don't want to corrupt my saves.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Anybody tried NiceErotica's mod with v0.1.6? The mod specifies working with the previous version but not this latest. I don't want to corrupt my saves.
Assuming you're a PC -user solution is easy: Make a Copy of HI -folder. Make a copy of HI -saves' folder in C:\ Users/your username/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/ Islandxxxxxx. Try Mod into & in that Copy of HI. If something goes wrong delete corrupted saves and go back using unmodded HI 0.16....

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
actually i'm playing with this version mod and previous saves without problems . All old saves worked in a normal way ; In every case i can suggest you to keep the Folder Save , so if you have some problem with Nice Erotica mod installation , you can install another time the game without this mod and you your previous save without any problem

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.7 beta - development news (updated 03/05/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.7 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.

The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.6.0 release.
0.1.6.1 beta will need 0.1.6 base files and it will include some content addons and mainly bug fixes.
The next release is 0.1.6.1 beta which will be an incremental update!
It includes bug fixes and some new content.
The update from 0.1.6.0 to 0.1.6.1 has 60 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content
  • Heather gets the hot shots scene (in order to save time, maybe without the "hot scene" for this update) --> will be part of 0.1.6.1 (still working on it)
  • Jessica gets the "jump into the pool" renders --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
  • Jessica gets the "visit her in her room" renders --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • A new simple animation sequence function will be added. It will support the display of animations with a static background. It will be used for the first time in Heather's hot shots scene --> will be part of 0.1.6.1
Bug fixes
  • Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet
  • Ambient noises/sound sometimes wasn't stopped when you had an appointment --> will befixed with 0.1.6.1
  • Crash could occur when one of the new animations sequences with the controls is started. camera was not reset to index 0 --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • When the player get's drunk during hotshots, he isn't drunk after the game --> will be fixedwith 0.1.6.1
  • After Yvette's hotshot "hot scene", player's and Yvette's lust and endurance weren't lowered --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • Yvette's hotshots "hot scene" when MC is completely undressed: could not find image. (u'scenes/Yvette/nightbar/Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp') --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • When Yumiko sends you a guess who image: Couldn't find file 'appointments/Amy/Amy_dinner9_face.jpg' crash could occur --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • If you play HotShots against Aly and she's wearing her special outfit already, the game stats are not reset and the game directly ends --> will be fixed with 0.1.6.1
  • Amy surprise visit in her room achievement had the wrong preview image --> will be fixedwith 0.1.6.1
  • Some achievements where you visited the girl's room where not displayed correctly --> willbe fixed with 0.1.6.1
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.6.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.1.6.1 beta --> hopefully on the week end (05/05/2019)

St3vo

Dec 16, 2017
i don’t know how to get over 100 heat with yvette in hotshots. ive tried every combination and i only see heat go up when clothes are removed and i’ve maxed them out 3/3 3/3 for both of us,help please.

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Huh... I could've sworn I had Yvette's beach pose scenes done already, but I just noticed they're not listed as done in the cell phone... I have to try to remember how to trigger that again to see if I missed something.

And I still have problems with 1 or 2 things for Amy, Alice, and Yvette (another one I knew wasn't showing as done) in the phone. Grr....

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Huh... I could've sworn I had Yvette's beach pose scenes done already, but I just noticed they're not listed as done in the cell phone... I have to try to remember how to trigger that again to see if I missed something.

And I still have problems with 1 or 2 things for Amy, Alice, and Yvette (another one I knew wasn't showing as done) in the phone. Grr....
Yvette posing at the beach was redone in the webp format. Same for Amy's posing at pool. Might be why you need to replay them to get them to show as being achieved.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
help...

i cant do Appointment with Yvette in the private restaurant with Yumiko as the waitress
Sorry, need a little more information. Why can't you? What have you tried? How long are you into the story? Has she left the island and returned?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
ok, she left the island and returned, what to do next? thanks
Well if she left the island to see about her sister and a week passed before you brought her back she will tell you about it and invite you to dinner and set a time for you to pick her up at her room. All this happens when she returns and you meet her in the hallway. If a week hasn't passed, the event probably won't trigger. Of course this is all based on her visiting your room and telling you her sob story. If that hasn't happened, you'll never get it.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes