Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Does anyone know the name doing yoga on the TV in the scene, when you visit Mercedes at night?
Buffy, Tiffany, You may name her anything you like as she is not a regular on Holiday Island just a figment of the developer's rendering imagination.

Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I don't recall this bug being reported, in Eva coke drink scene at the beach, some of Yumiko images are missing when you look closer at her chest, chessboard pictures are displayed.

View attachment 421147
It has nothing to do with missing images. If an image is missing you get either a crash or on the top left of the screen something like "image ... missing".
The problem has been reported somewhere and it is fixed already. The reason for the blank screen is that I changed the logic how images are displayed shown/hidden and sometimes I forget to adjust one line.
Old logic was "scene" + "show image1", which clears the screen and shows an image after that. Then I used another "show image2" which overlays the first one. Now if you wanted the first image back, you could use "hide image2".
But if you also "hide image1", you get an empty screen. That's what happened, because I don't use hide any more, I always use "sceen image x", which clears the screen (and also the image buffer, which saves GPU memory). But there was one left over "hide image".

Those are photos, not renders.
They are photos, but I don't rememeber where I got them or who it is.

Nailedcoffin

Jan 5, 2019
Name of Sound tracks of this game? Also, when MC visits faye in clinic there is a static noise being played, is that normal?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.9 beta - development news (updated 07. oct. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.9 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.8.0 release.

The next release is 0.1.8.3 beta which will be an incremental update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.

The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.8.3 has 216 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Amy gets an event talking with Jennifer at the night bar --> will be added with 0.1.8.3 (still working on it)

Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 5 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3 (still working on it)

Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3 (still working on it)

Natasha's "breast expansion" quest will be concluded --> will be added with 0.1.8.3 (still working on it)

Yvette gets a lapdance poker reward scene --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Yvette gets high res poker images and 3 additional images as well --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

The right-side UI panel will get a new look, similar to the one on the left. Also, the save buttons will be added on the left lower side as well (with auto hide feature) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Player can learn how to give a proper massage; Renée is the teacher. This is a quest with two massage sessions. --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Brenda gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Getting the encryption key and hacking sub dermal implants for all special characters except Joy will be possible --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

A third quest to get the encryption key of the sub dermal implants has been made available --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Minor improvements and changes

The poker game (for high res iwebp images) gets shortened sequences when you see her strip to a certain clothing state the second time during a game. There are also some short chat lines when she wins back some clothes. --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Renée gets a new dream image from the massage training --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Jessica's "follow me" renders have been upgraded to double resolution webp images --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

All regular girls get a "Wet T-shirt" participation appointment --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

All "Wet T-shirt" images have been converted from png to webp format (this saves about 50 MB of space) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Android loading screen and icon changed --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Name input fixed on Android version (did not work on some devices) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Updated Ren'Py version to 7.3.2.320 --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Two shopping items (for Amy's quests) have been added --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

A new shopping item (protein shake) has been added to replenish endurance --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Background images (first indoor) will be redone in high res 2560x1440 webp format to replace the existing low res jpg images (unfortunately this was a lot more work than I had anticipated) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Sending of sexting images has been adjusted. You will now get unseen lower tier images instead of repeats --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Amy gets 2 new sexting images and updates to her old sexting images (higher res and webp format) --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Balancing changes:

Necessary endurance train points when having 50 max endurance has been reduced to 3, so you can get to 60 endurance after initial half week when you use the massage once. Reason: Having only 50 endurance hurts gameplay too much --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Charm train points to get from 1 to 2 have been reduced from 6 to 5, to make it easier to advance after the first half week. All others have been slightly increased, because gaining charm was too easy --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

You will start a new game with 25 company favor now, which will allow to buy the smart watch much earlier --> will be added with 0.1.8.3

Bug fixes

Mercedes posing scene: Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" - only happens when you started a new game in version 0.1.8.0 or later --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.3

Fixed a crash when you visit Amy's room and she is in her swimwear: could not find image (u'characters/Amy/Amy_swim3_base.png') --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.3

There is still a bug concerning the sequence when sexting images are shown. As a result, you might not be able to see them all, or get strange sorting, etc. (there is nothing wrong with the game data, it only needs a code update) --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.3

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.8.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.8.2 beta --> same as for 0.1.8.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.1.8.1 beta --> has been removed due to a bug
0.1.8.2 beta --> available since September 13, get it from here:

0.1.8.3 beta --> no idea yet

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Yes. It's the sound of the medical equipment.

Yes. The sound of "medical equipment"

Little known fact.

The ubiquitous Alien Anal Probe was discontinued in 2017 when Aliens signed a contract with Joy industries ltd.
This followed extensive testing in which the Joy Multi Probe was,

Both a Joy to use and watch
- A satisfied Alien

A Joy both in name and application
- A pleased "participant"

Type blue hydraulic fluids became available in sufficient quantities in July 2017 and full scale production continues to this day. :alien:

Last edited:

Flamingokilla

May 20, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with getting Aly/Desire/Eva to let you join them in the gym shower? it's the only scene i'm missing for Aly and Eva but whenever i manage to trigger them actually showering either choosing to enter and call their name or sneak in causes them to get angry at me and throw me out.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with getting Aly/Desire/Eva to let you join them in the gym shower? it's the only scene i'm missing for Aly and Eva but whenever i manage to trigger them actually showering either choosing to enter and call their name or sneak in causes them to get angry at me and throw me out.
Highly unlikely at this date anyone is having trouble getting Aly/Desire/Eva in the gym shower and completing those achievements. Not trying to be 'snarky' but the question has been answered so many times previously. Try using the little box in the upper right of the screen labelled 'Search' or find Puppet Master's FAQ (there's a link in his signature) where you can find step by step instructions.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Anyone have a Full save?
Some people may have saves with everything done and achieved but you have absolutely no use for such saves. Those saves won't play it for you, will not teach you how to play it, those saves will only show you stuff already done by someone else. And you need to do the handshaking yourself too, because a "full save" won't even lend a hand for you. Assuming you can even find any pretty pictures to fuel you handshaking without knowing how the game works...

So, maybe it's better that you take your own phone and try find something using it and don't even try find using others' stuff. They are probably improving code to reach hack level 4 and can't lend theirs...

Reactions: fmanaway

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Not to mention that there are a number of scenes/events, etc. that are a one-time happening. In other words if you don't play the game yourself, you'll never see them.

Reactions: fmanaway

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Amy_workout_private1b.jpg

Private workout session with Amy (0.1.9 preview)

Hello everyone,

I've been so busy rendering and writing, that I almost forgot to share some images with you. This one is from the private workout session with Amy, which is part of her quest to reach level 3 for her max love stat.

I hope you enjoy the preview,

darkhound1

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I know exactly what Amy is saying.

"Hon, come over here"
"Give me your arm"
"Lean close, closer"
(Whispers) "if I ever catch you again looking at Yvettes boob's before mine I'm gonna knee you"

:eek:

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I know exactly what Amy is saying.

"Hon, come over here"
"Give me your arm"
"Lean close, closer"
(Whispers) "if I ever catch you again looking at Yvette's boob's before mine I'm gonna knee you"

:eek:
The only change I would make is to delete the "Give me you arm" portion.
A. I think Amy would just take it without saying anything.
B. darkhound1 has yet to post the image of Amy twisting the MC's arm up between his shoulder blades, right after she gives her warning about looking at Yvette.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes