matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Version 0.1.9 beta - development news (updated 25. Oct. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.9 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.8.0 release.​

The next release is 0.1.9.0 beta which will be a full update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.

The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.9.0 has 391 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Natasha's "breast expansion" quest will be concluded --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Image quality of character overlay images especially when playing in higher resolutions has been greatly improved --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The game resolution in window mode can be selected now: 1280x720 or 1600x900 or 1920x1080 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets an event talking with Jennifer at the night bar --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 5 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a second private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max affection level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a posing event at the gym as part of her max love level 3 quest --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max love level 3 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Faye gets her hotshots scene that ends with an animation --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets a lapdance poker reward scene --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res poker images and 3 additional images as well --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The right-side UI panel will get a new look, similar to the one on the left. Also, the save buttons will be added on the left lower side as well (with auto hide feature) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Player can learn how to give a proper massage; Renée is the teacher. This is a quest with two massage sessions. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Brenda gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Gettig the encryption key and hacking sub dermal implants for all special characters except Joy will be possible --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A third quest to get the encryption key of the sub dermal implants has been made available --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Minor improvements and changes

Heather gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The poker game (for high res iwebp images) gets shortened sequences when you see her strip to a certain clothing state the second time during a game. There are also some short chat lines when she wins back some clothes. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Renée gets a new dream image from the massage training --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Jessica's "follow me" renders have been upgraded to double resolution webp images --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All regular girls get a "Wet T-shirt" participation appointment --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All "Wet T-shirt" images have been converted from png to webp format (this saves about 50 MB of space) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Android loading screen and icon changed --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Name input fixed on Android version (did not work on some devices) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Updated Ren'Py version to 7.3.2.320 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Two shopping items (for Amy's quests) have been added --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A new shopping item (protein shake) has been added to replenish endurance --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Background images (first indoor) will be redone in high res 2560x1440 webp format to replace the existing low-res jpg images (unfortunately this was a lot more work than I had anticipated) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Sending of sexting images has been adjusted. You will now get unseen lower tier images instead of repeats --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets 2 new sexting images and updates to her old sexting images (higher res and webp format) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Balancing changes:

Necessary endurance train points when having 50 max endurance has been reduced to 3, so you can get to 60 endurance after initial half week when you use the massage once. Reason: Having only 50 endurance hurts gameplay too much --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
charm train points to get from 1 to 2 have been reduced from 6 to 5, to make it easier to advance after the first haldf week. All others have been slightly increased, because gaining charm was too easy --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
You will start a new game with 25 company favor now, which will allow to buy the smart watch much earlier --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Bug fixes

If you played poker against the bar keeper too recently and asked her again, she first accepted, you got send to your room and then she declined. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When Eva wins the Butt or wet Tee shirt contest, she invites the MC to her room, but then at the appointed hour, she instead comes to the MC's room. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When you try to give a gift to Amy in teh restaurant, you get a crash: IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/amy/Amy_night0_base.png --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Mercedes posing scene: Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" - only happens when you started a new game in version 0.1.8.0 or later --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Fixed a crash when you visit Amy's room and she is in her swimwear: could not find image (u'characters/Amy/Amy_swim3_base.png') --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
There is still a bug concerning the sequence when sexting images are shown. As a result, you might not be able to see them all, or get strange sorting, etc. (there is nothing wrong with the game data, it only needs a code update) --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0

Is the update going to break save games?
0.1.8.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.9.0 beta --> same as for 0.1.8.2​

Estimated release dates:
0.1.9.0 beta --> no idea yet
And still we dont know the date of new update(

Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
What specifically are the trophies for Ass Teasing and Boob Teasing given for?
That's a difficult question for a straight answer ;)
Well, whenever a girl teases the MC using her ass (ass tease) or boobs (boob tease). It has to be an active action on the girl's side. So the MC just staring doesn't count. I probably forgot a ton of places where it could/should have been put as well and maybe have some double inside a single scene (the idea is that it only counts once per scene/event, even if it's done multiple times).

And still we dont know the date of new update(
The main reason is that I have no idea myself. It all takes a lot longer than I thought.

MattoElias

Sep 3, 2017
This game is great and has lots of content. But my goddd its grindy. You really need to put hours into this if you want to get anywhere. And that put me off playing it for good. Just wish there was a way to make it way less grindy. Tried some cheats and they broke the game. And running around trying to find a specific scene that happens only at a certain time in a day is also a nightmare.

ZoZo0311

Aug 13, 2019
The game seems like a great one but the fact that every girl has these ridiculous sized boobs is what did me in and made me not want to play. I chose the body type I wanted to in the beginning but it did nothing. It's still showing the un-natural proportions.

• Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
The game seems like a great one but the fact that every girl has these ridiculous sized boobs is what did me in and made me not want to play. I chose the body type I wanted to in the beginning but it did nothing. It's still showing the un-natural proportions.
Choosing body type selects only which girls to be on the Island at the start, but there is no possibility to adjust the breast size.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This game is great and has lots of content. But my goddd its grindy. You really need to put hours into this if you want to get anywhere. And that put me off playing it for good. Just wish there was a way to make it way less grindy. Tried some cheats and they broke the game. And running around trying to find a specific scene that happens only at a certain time in a day is also a nightmare.
I can only say this again and again. Don't play it like that. Just enjoy it without hunting for one specific scene for hours. Just keep playing and most of the scenes and events will "just happen". There is absolutely no need to grind all the girl's stats to max levels. The requirements will be added to all scenes,events and appointments eventually. But you can already see that you don't need super high stats for most of them.
The next version will have a lot more quests, meaning also guidance on what to do next for Amy. After that, the gameplay for one girl after the other will be changed that way.
If you want to use cheats, use companion mod from niceerotica, which is also linked on the OP of this thread.
It should be pretty save to use without breaking the game.

thebigo147

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Darkhound. I just wanted to thank you for creating and continuing to evolve such a great game. Your dedication to it really shows through with each new version. Great job. Having gotten into 3d rendering myself very recently, I understand now how much time and effort it takes to create even just one 3d image. Keep up the great work!

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
As has already been stated above thats for the selection of starting girls. Has no other effect.
It can be a surprise for newcomers. But that said it should not be a huge surprise,

Ren'Py games do not have an physics engine, so there is no such thing as setting an input value and characters then change accordingly. It is pre-rendered images being loaded each time.

In a Ren'py game that already has over 6000 images and 100 unique animations providing changing busts at 4 sizes (Full, Big, huge, Melon) would be another 18000 Renders and 300 Animations. So not really possible.

Of course there is also the detail with the 1st paragrah about the game stating : "parade of enormous boobs".
So while we sympathize, we do not really accept boob size complaints.

The best suggestion we can give is to have Delizia & Lacey (counts as small around here) and Brenda & Renee (medium) on the island and then be a patron and vote for your favorite girls (patreon votes = content in this game), that or move on.

Girl Ranking,
1572123088725.png

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018
Hi everyone. This is a great game and I've already gotten some good fapping done. I do have a quick question tough: I unexpectedly unlocked a "Reward" scene (after helping Yvette with her workout) when I already had an event planned, and messed up moving the preplanned event cancelling the "reward." Is there any way to replay the event?

Reactions: brianiac
Jul 10, 2017
I can only say this again and again. Don't play it like that. Just enjoy it without hunting for one specific scene for hours. Just keep playing and most of the scenes and events will "just happen". There is absolutely no need to grind all the girl's stats to max levels. The requirements will be added to all scenes,events and appointments eventually. But you can already see that you don't need super high stats for most of them.
The next version will have a lot more quests, meaning also guidance on what to do next for Amy. After that, the gameplay for one girl after the other will be changed that way.
If you want to use cheats, use companion mod from niceerotica, which is also linked on the OP of this thread.
It should be pretty save to use without breaking the game.
Enjoy *what* exactly? what is the gameplay of this game?

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
I have to agree with MattoElias, it is grindy... but its worth it, but yes, again, it is VERY GRINDY.

Some scenes take at least 50-80 mouse clicks through all the dialogue... and I am not joking.

This is the only complaint I have about the game, otherwise its well done and quite fun.

Reactions: brianiac

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Just a little heads up (from the development news):

Minor improvements and changes
  • Loading old saves with error "could not find return label..." will no longer crash the game, but will leave the scene instead. It's not a perfect solution, but at least the save game will still be useable. Unfortunately to allow this, some Ren'Py base code had to be changed. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes