lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Uhh, there is one of these total illogical points in game play. Joy is not avalaible for 7 days in her office on the island, but invites the player to a poker game in her office? Hääh? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: SiJa

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Uhh, there is one of these total illogical points in game play. Joy is not avalaible for 7 days in her office on the island, but invites the player to a poker game in her office? Hääh? o_O
Just another example of a woman with Joy's status and power, doing what she wants, when she wants. Be thankful she still sends you sexts and wants to play poker throughout the week while you wait. Otherwise time would really crawl by.

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Don't know if this was answered already or if nobody asked it but:
is there any console cheat that I can use to force an event to happen? Like, say I want to catch Jessica in the pool late at night. Is there a cheat I can input to force that event to happen or no dice? Thanks.

Reactions: brianiac

Rei-sama027

Oct 21, 2018
Sorry I don't know the source of the quote.
However, if you need to force a random event, you can open your phone or change locations to reset the randomizer, see if it happens, repeat until it occurs. If it doesn't happen after 10 tries, there may be another requirement (like her lust must be high) which you aren't meeting. Also, you can wait 30 minutes and try again.
Good luck!
When you say open the phone to reset, if i take the shower scene, i need to head to my room, if the event doesn't occure, i need to open the phone then close and see if the scene occure or should i move to the beach or pool then open the phone and then head back to my room?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Is there some way to force events like when the girls takes showers? the random chances is troublesome sometimes.
Don't know if this was answered already or if nobody asked it but:
is there any console cheat that I can use to force an event to happen? Like, say I want to catch Jessica in the pool late at night. Is there a cheat I can input to force that event to happen or no dice? Thanks.
So you are wanting to remove chance from the game ??
Which makes a game, not a game.

Each event has a probability of you achieving it set by a percentage, say 50% chance if you are at the right place, at the right time , with certain requirements met, you will achieve the goal.

Its like having a set of dice that always land on sixes, where is the fun in that??

It took me over a week to get the Easter egg for Yumiko, but when I did I celebrated my success.

Just try again, or use rollback and try again.

physics.jpg

Last edited:

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
Can someone help me and tell me what's going wrong?
I installed and started version 0.2.0.0-pc, switched to 1600x900, the new UI was already activated and then crash to desktop.
Strangely, the version 0.1.9.1-pc that was still working suddenly brings me the exact same error message.
So I'm assuming an error in the resolution or with the new UI in a common config file.
Does the game store data outside of the game folder and if so, where exactly can I find it?
And what do I have to do to get the game running again?
Thanks

Tracelock
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "game/screens.rpy", line 810, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 819, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 502, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1606, in set_resolution
Exception: Could not set video mode.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
python:
python:
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\game.py", line 332, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 819, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 558, in <module>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1606, in set_resolution
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3177, in set_physical_size
renpy.display.interface.set_mode(size)
File "G:\Games\Sex\Holiday Island\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in set_mode
raise Exception("Could not set video mode.")
Exception: Could not set video mode.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.0.0
Thu Mar 12 19:24:19 2020

soultornone

Dec 2, 2018
I installed and started version 0.2.0.0-pc, switched to 1600x900, the new UI was already activated and then crash to desktop.
Strangely, the version 0.1.9.1-pc that was still working suddenly brings me the exact same error message.
So I'm assuming an error in the resolution or with the new UI in a common config file.
Does the game store data outside of the game folder and if so, where exactly can I find it?
Thanks

Tracelock
I had that problem and the only thing I could do is click manual resolution and that fixed it. I just play with the window maximized.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks

Tracelock
Yes, you get a 'Facepalm' because this has already been answered eleventy-billion times. Both within this forum/thread and on the developer's Patreon page.

Resolution change option makes the game unplayable on some systems. For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on "preferences" or "load", please apply the fix attached "use_fixed_resolution_720" and extract it into your \game folder.
What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).
Also there have already been fixes posted on his page.

In the future please 'Search' or read a few pages back. Thank you.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
When you say open the phone to reset, if i take the shower scene, i need to head to my room, if the event doesn't occure, i need to open the phone then close and see if the scene occure or should i move to the beach or pool then open the phone and then head back to my room?
Sorry, I didn't mention to rollback. I assumed it was obvious because people who play the game a lot can get blindspots like that. Let me restate it better for you.
If you need to force a random event, you can try to get it, and if it doesn't happen, then rollback by pressing <PgUp> until you get back to where you started the attempt. Then open your phone or change locations to reset the randomizer. Try to get the event again. If it happens, great, but if it doesn't happen, rollback, open your phone again or change locations, then try again. Repeat until it happens, but after 10 tries, it probably isn't going to happen. There may be another requirement which you aren't meeting. Maybe her lust needs to be higher, or she's wearing the wrong outfit, or she's working somewhere else and isn't available, or maybe it's the wrong time. Also, you can wait 30 minutes and try again. There's no real penalty for multiple attempts. If it still doesn't happen, check her stats, check if she's working (especially as the maid), ask her to change her outfit, and try at a different time.
So, to get a shower scene; first make sure that the girl you want is in her room. You can ask her to change her clothes to force her to go to her room. Then head to your room, around dinner time is best, but the event can happen at other times. If you don't see the girl in the shower, rollback to where you started. Open your phone or move, then head back to your room. Since the event didn't happen the first time, repeating your journey without resetting the randomizer won't do anything. Repeat the attempt, rollback, reset, try again cycle until you get it. If you try it ten times with no event, then wait 30 minutes and try again. If this doesn't work, check her work schedule and try again at a totally different time.

Reactions: brianiac

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
@ Bantry:
Please excuse me for going the direct route and asking a question ...
that seemed to be more effective than sifting through 750 pages of forum to find out if anyone ever had the same problem ...
btw: Thanks for the patch, it works...

Reactions: Monsieur X

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
@ Bantry:
Please excuse me for going the direct route and asking a question ...
that seemed to be more effective than sifting through 750 pages of forum to find out if anyone ever had the same problem ...
btw: Thanks for the patch, it works...
I understand you. The thing is, the permanent residents in this thread already answered it a plethora of times. If I could request an OP update I would ask for this fix to be highlighted, unfortunately I can't.
Best is to check the patreon page for fix, Darkhound doesn 't blocked them behind a patronage.

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
Then grab the fix at the Extras in the Downloads and make a short note in the Installation instructions ...
Obviously I wasn't the only one who had this problem ...

Rei-sama027

Oct 21, 2018
Sorry, I didn't mention to rollback. I assumed it was obvious because people who play the game a lot can get blindspots like that. Let me restate it better for you.
If you need to force a random event, you can try to get it, and if it doesn't happen, then rollback by pressing <PgUp> until you get back to where you started the attempt. Then open your phone or change locations to reset the randomizer. Try to get the event again. If it happens, great, but if it doesn't happen, rollback, open your phone again or change locations, then try again. Repeat until it happens, but after 10 tries, it probably isn't going to happen. There may be another requirement which you aren't meeting. Maybe her lust needs to be higher, or she's wearing the wrong outfit, or she's working somewhere else and isn't available, or maybe it's the wrong time. Also, you can wait 30 minutes and try again. There's no real penalty for multiple attempts. If it still doesn't happen, check her stats, check if she's working (especially as the maid), ask her to change her outfit, and try at a different time.
So, to get a shower scene; first make sure that the girl you want is in her room. You can ask her to change her clothes to force her to go to her room. Then head to your room, around dinner time is best, but the event can happen at other times. If you don't see the girl in the shower, rollback to where you started. Open your phone or move, then head back to your room. Since the event didn't happen the first time, repeating your journey without resetting the randomizer won't do anything. Repeat the attempt, rollback, reset, try again cycle until you get it. If you try it ten times with no event, then wait 30 minutes and try again. If this doesn't work, check her work schedule and try again at a totally different time.
that's a perfect explain thx you so much i will try that ^^

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes