Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
how long does it take for Amy to leave to get her implants removed, its been several in game weeks is there some hidden trigger ?
It would help if you would include what you have accomplished in the game. Like have you completed all of the quests for Amy? Raised her love and affection to 100? Remember, this is a Sandbox game, not a linear game. In other words, even though some events are triggered after a certain amount of days have passed, the majority of appointments/events/scenes do not require any specific date.

Reactions: junior366

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
how long does it take for Amy to leave to get her implants removed, its been several in game weeks is there some hidden trigger ?
In order for her to return you need to have an open spot on the island... if there is 9 girls currently on the island (not counting Jennifer, Joy, Yumiko, Mercedes and Miriam) she can't return and you'll need to send someone home first. If you have only 8 girls then it should trigger after a in-game week or a bit longer...

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
Can we somehow cheat in order to invite all of the girls on the island at the same time or at least more than 9 (say 10 for instance) ?

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Can we somehow cheat in order to invite all of the girls on the island at the same time or at least more than 9 (say 10 for instance) ?
No, and you do not want that. There is quite a lot of "achievements" that require you to be alone with the girl at some location. With 9 girls it might not be easy to do it, requiring you to send someone to change to clear the way... with 15 it would be near impossible.

Also, some "achievements" require a girl to hold a specific job... with everyone on the island you'd most likely need to use Company Favors to ensure she get the job you need since it might take in-game weeks for her to get it at random.

Reactions: Bantry

BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
No, and you do not want that. There is quite a lot of "achievements" that require you to be alone with the girl at some location. With 9 girls it might not be easy to do it, requiring you to send someone to change to clear the way... with 15 it would be near impossible.

Also, some "achievements" require a girl to hold a specific job... with everyone on the island you'd most likely need to use Company Favors to ensure she get the job you need since it might take in-game weeks for her to get it at random.
That makes a lot of sense, and for the job part you mentioned, there have already been a couple of times where I was annoyed that I had to wait for a girl to be a doctor.

Thanks for the replies fellas, basically I only asked because I didnt want to have to invite/send back girls and pay company favor to do it, etc.
Its a bit of a pain, but I get it.

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
1. I hate to be a stinker, but I just had a pool date with Heather by the pool where she invited me via text. One of the first things she asks is if I brought a camera. In the usual way, I the MC said I could use the one in my cell phone. Later in conversation she asked me why I want to take pictures where I have to make the choice between wanking or sensuality. I do have to make that choice even though it's her idea for pictures when she sets date up.

I don't want to a pain in the ***. All I ask is that you guys check it out next time you play game and see if it happens to you. Maybe it varies depending on Heather and/or MC's stat level.

2.If I understand jholcjholc's question from a day or two ago, I think he is asking progress after visiting Amy's room for several times. Check your quest app to see what's next. After a few visit's to her room, app will say that she will come to you in your own room. At that time, try to track Amy's location and hang around in your room more and hope for a knock. For me, she knocked on my door after being in her own room. She will then say goodbye. As others stated leave a spot open for her eventual return.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
1. I hate to be a stinker, but I just had a pool date with Heather by the pool where she invited me via text. One of the first things she asks is if I brought a camera. In the usual way, I the MC said I could use the one in my cell phone. Later in conversation she asked me why I want to take pictures where I have to make the choice between wanking or sensuality. I do have to make that choice even though it's her idea for pictures when she sets date up.

I don't want to a pain in the ***. All I ask is that you guys check it out next time you play game and see if it happens to you. Maybe it varies depending on Heather and/or MC's stat level.

2.If I understand jholcjholc's question from a day or two ago, I think he is asking progress after visiting Amy's room for several times. Check your quest app to see what's next. After a few visit's to her room, app will say that she will come to you in your own room. At that time, try to track Amy's location and hang around in your room more and hope for a knock. For me, she knocked on my door after being in her own room. She will then say goodbye. As others stated leave a spot open for her eventual return.
Regarding the Heather event, I don't see an issue. It's not the kind of question where she's asking "Why SHOULD I pose for you", she's more interested in what you want the pictures FOR. Exact quote: "Why do you want me to pose for you?"

This may be a subtle difference in language use if English is not your primary language (I'm not sure if it is or not for you, Not Data), but it does not feel inconsistent to me.

Reactions: SiJa and darkhound1

jholcjholc

Jan 23, 2019
it finally triggered after 1 month in game i think she was a maid for 2 weeks of it and i didnt realize when i posted. I went back and tried to force the scene by cancelling masturbation after 30 or so jessica and yevette appearances amy popped up as a maid after a few more in game weeks she finally knocked on the door to say she was leaving.

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
Version 0.2.3 beta - development news (updated 20. September 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.3 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.2.0 release.
The next release is 0.2.3 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.2.0 to 0.2.3 has:

306 additional renders, videos or sound files
12 updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • Brenda gets an appointment in the new player room --> still working on it
  • Alice's event where she jogs at the beach gets an update. The event has been completely remade with new webp images, text, flow logic and real use of binoculars --> still working on it
  • Mercedes gets an event where she works out at night as part of her quest line. This one is huge, with 5 animations and 2 achievements --> still working on it
  • Brenda gets her pool pose scene with 2 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Brenda gets an extended pool sunbed scene --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Heather gets an extended event with 3 achievements where she visit your room asking for sun lotion --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Renée gets an extended pool play scene with 3 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Mercedes will be overlooking the pool during the day and you can talk and interact with her (a long scene with 3 achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette gets an additional arrival scene when she has been the plane girl --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette can be the plane girl and she gets an extended scene on the plane --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • An intro quest line with 19 steps has been added, that will trigger when you arrive on the island. It will teach new players some of the game mechanics --> will be part of 0.2.3
Minor improvements and changes
  • Alice's and Jessica's denim photo shootings have been made repeatable. Visit them in their rooms and ask to meet with them --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The way the achievements previews and the "guess who" previews are displayed has been changed to improve performance --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Joy gets three new sexting images and all her exsiting ones get updated to webp format --> still working on it
  • The probability for short events in the player room have been lowered. The more often you have seen them, the lower the probability to get them again --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • In case you miss an appointment, the girl you stood up will get angry and send you a text. Next time you talk with her, she will also complain about it --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The save and load slots will get numbers on them for easier navigation --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of ingame days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.3
Bug fixes
  • A minor bug that showed the reception job also for the special girls has been corrected. Now their real jobs are shown instead --> will be fixed with 0.2.3
  • When you have no sun lotion, Faye's sun lotion scene at the pool will crash with: 'cl_character' object has no attribute 'swimwwear' --> will be fixed with 0.2.3

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.3 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1
Estimated release dates:
0.2.2.1 beta --> available since 11th of August from this post:
0.2.3 beta --> no idea yet

Changes from the previous development update that I've noticed are in green.

Last edited:

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Version 0.2.3 beta - development news (updated 20. September 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.3 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.2.0 release.
The next release is 0.2.3 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.2.0 to 0.2.3 has:

306 additional renders, videos or sound files
12 updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • Brenda gets an appointment in the new player room --> still working on it
  • Alice's event where she jogs at the beach gets an update. The event has been completely remade with new webp images, text, flow logic and real use of binoculars --> still working on it
  • Mercedes gets an event where she works out at night as part of her quest line. This one is huge, with 5 animations and 2 achievements --> still working on it
  • Brenda gets her pool pose scene with 2 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Brenda gets an extended pool sunbed scene --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Heather gets an extended event with 3 achievements where she visit your room asking for sun lotion --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Renée gets an extended pool play scene with 3 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Mercedes will be overlooking the pool during the day and you can talk and interact with her (a long scene with 3 achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette gets an additional arrival scene when she has been the plane girl --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette can be the plane girl and she gets an extended scene on the plane --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • An intro quest line with 19 steps has been added, that will trigger when you arrive on the island. It will teach new players some of the game mechanics --> will be part of 0.2.3
Minor improvements and changes
  • Alice's and Jessica's denim photo shootings have been made repeatable. Visit them in their rooms and ask to meet with them --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The way the achievements previews and the "guess who" previews are displayed has been changed to improve performance --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Joy gets three new sexting images and all her exsiting ones get updated to webp format --> still working on it
  • The probability for short events in the player room have been lowered. The more often you have seen them, the lower the probability to get them again --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • In case you miss an appointment, the girl you stood up will get angry and send you a text. Next time you talk with her, she will also complain about it --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The save and load slots will get numbers on them for easier navigation --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of ingame days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.3
Bug fixes
  • A minor bug that showed the reception job also for the special girls has been corrected. Now their real jobs are shown instead --> will be fixed with 0.2.3
  • When you have no sun lotion, Faye's sun lotion scene at the pool will crash with: 'cl_character' object has no attribute 'swimwwear' --> will be fixed with 0.2.3

Is the update going to break save games?:
0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.3 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1
Estimated release dates:
0.2.2.1 beta --> available since 11th of August from this post:
0.2.3 beta --> no idea yet

Alice, just for me

Reactions: Frank01

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
It seems that the number of "still working on it" has not decreased, but rather has increased.
That's partial true. Previously there were three 'still working on it'. Now there are still three, but an additional appointment/event/scene has been added. So it truth the number has decreased, but more has been added to the 0.2.3.0. Frank01 might want to consider color coding everything, so individual things can be picked out easier.

Reactions: SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
It seems that the number of "still working on it" has not decreased, but rather has increased.
Yes, Alice's event where she jogs at the beach gets an update. The event has been completely remade with new webp images, text, flow logic and real use of binoculars has been added.

I will try to explain.
(please remember this is my view and not that of the Creator and is based on my assumptions).

Firstly, as we have seen V0.2.2.2, which would have been a monthly smaller update was changed into a Full Update V0.2.3.0, meaning that roughly it will be a 2 month period from the last update.

The two new Underground lab scenes have been delayed again (I can only assume they will be big scenes with lots of dialogue and images).

So to give you what would be considered enough new content for a Full Update, Alice's updated scene has been added.

Personally I am intrigued by what Flow Logic is :unsure:

Also I have to agree with Bantry, Frank01 if you are posting the development news maybe have a look at one of Bantry's old posts with the colour format, it helps people see the changes easier.

Reactions: norb82

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
Good catch. It looks like darkhound is planning on expanding the alice beach jogging scene, which iirc only works with one type of swimwear right now.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Good catch. It looks like darkhound is planning on expanding the alice beach jogging scene, which iirc only works with one type of swimwear right now.
I doubt it will be changed to work with all swimwear options, that would mean making the scene 3 times.
From looking at other scenes, only very small scenes (pool play scenes for example) have all 3 swimwear options, and even then only certain swimwear has an extended scene.

But we will have to wait and see...

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes