markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
figure it out...its suppose to be at 2am ona night when shes not working in the bar. but she gets angry at you for not showing up for the date even though its not suppose to be That night.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
figure it out...its suppose to be at 2am ona night when shes not working in the bar. but she gets angry at you for not showing up for the date even though its not suppose to be That night.
Known issue.

Last edited:

whoishe79

Mar 10, 2020
Great update, stuff with Mercedes is absolutely fantastic. Of course, another mention of Miriam strength makes me wonder if we ever get some events with her showing off.

Also, regarding Miriam - there is a small bug for a few updates now, when MC goes to see her on the beach.

After clicking "make some noise" - MC stays silent and opposite, after clicking "stay silent" - MC is saying Hello out loud.

Reactions: Deadshot1984

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
I'm not sure if it's a bug or a problem at my end. I had the problem with loading old saves (fixed by adding companion mod). But now, the picture of Joy that I had in mc's bedroom has vanished. Also noticed that if I click messages on my phone, if I try to view any of the sexting pictures, my game throws up an error and I have to rollback or else quit. Does anyone else have this happening? I want to replace Joy's picture but can't get access to any pictures to replace with.

Reactions: Arthurjob

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I'm not sure if it's a bug or a problem at my end. I had the problem with loading old saves (fixed by adding companion mod). But now, the picture of Joy that I had in mc's bedroom has vanished. Also noticed that if I click messages on my phone, if I try to view any of the sexting pictures, my game throws up an error and I have to rollback or else quit. Does anyone else have this happening? I want to replace Joy's picture but can't get access to any pictures to replace with.
I had this error once.
Try reseting your wallpapers. Open the console (shit+O) and type in:
player.room2_picture_index_left = -1
player.room2_picture_index_middle = -1
player.room2_picture_index_right = -1

I hope it is the right fix if not I don't remember what darkhound1 told me to do to fix it.

You can also reset all your saved wallpapers if you are in a hurry (as I was but Dark said it wasn't necessary). Open the console and type in :
player.room2_list_of_pictures = []

Reactions: MC Johnsson

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Great update, stuff with Mercedes is absolutely fantastic. Of course, another mention of Miriam strength makes me wonder if we ever get some events with her showing off.

Also, regarding Miriam - there is a small bug for a few updates now, when MC goes to see her on the beach.

After clicking "make some noise" - MC stays silent and opposite, after clicking "stay silent" - MC is saying Hello out loud.
It's not a bug. making noise isn't the same as talking.

Reactions: tannis88

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
I had this error once.
Try reseting your wallpapers. Open the console (shit+O) and type in:

I hope it is the right fix if not I don't remember what darkhound1 told me to do to fix it.

You can also reset all your saved wallpapers if you are in a hurry (as I was but Dark said it wasn't necessary). Open the console and type in :
player.room2_list_of_pictures = []
Thank You. I will give it a try

Reactions: Arthurjob
D

Deleted member 2794759

Just because you have finished the quest doesn't mean that Aly has texted you all the pictures as yet. There are 5 separate pictures, so you need to receive 5 separate texts. Then you can scroll through them.
When I try to open one of the five messages she already texted to me I have this error :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I also have problems with this update and the previous updates. i can still play the 2.1.1 game with all my saves, but when i try to run the new update i get an error.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp'> (1, 0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
Exception: Could not load image u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 331, in script call
��fΣ(�[�o ě����6��i�~�l:��~[���1��ߑL器#~�k���3ۏ����ki���]���3��0]�6��l:���P��]#r�L���胟��� y&k�����YCL(�o6��B�P|�'��j�j�O~-:�o���[ ����s�uD��An�?��^I�}U��cum
File "game/script.rpyc", line 139, in script call
|W�q@�7�WN�MDf���o����?[�JE�IVG�VF����N�G{�
File "game/version_check.rpyc", line 17, in script
h[�IP�F;4��{�@
File "game/script.rpyc", line 331, in script call
��fΣ(�[�o ě����6��i�~�l:��~[���1��ߑL器#~�k���3ۏ����ki���]���3��0]�6��l:���P��]#r�L���胟��� y&k�����YCL(�o6��B�P|�'��j�j�O~-:�o���[ ����s�uD��An�?��^I�}U��cum
File "game/script.rpyc", line 139, in script call
|W�q@�7�WN�MDf���o����?[�JE�IVG�VF����N�G{�
File "game/version_check.rpyc", line 17, in script
h[�IP�F;4��{�@
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
surf = cache.get(self.image)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Tue Oct 06 21:10:08 2020
Can anyone help me with this?
Try reseting your wallpapers, no idea which one is causing the error so that will reset all.
Open console: shit+O
Type in :

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Joy is still my favorite of the bunch. Jess,jenn, Yvette, amy, and renee aren't too far behind. ALthough I must say that I never really noticed brenda much until now...she is a bombshell aswell

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1279, in execute
File "game/script.rpy", line 1283, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2251, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2253, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2254, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 624, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 625, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 1299, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 1355, in execute
AttributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'images'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 334, in script
b����.֌.��������̏d�8I�����nj���q��q�S�iw���t�̐@f&���Xc� @�
File "game/script.rpyc", line 334, in script
b����.֌.��������̏d�8I�����nj���q��q�S�iw���t�̐@f&���Xc� @�
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\Game\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1283, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2253, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2254, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 625, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 1299, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 1355, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 1355, in <module>
AttributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'images'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Wed Oct 07 10:54:49 2020
Try applying the quick fix available at the Dev patreon page or here : https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-4326797
Random idea: if it still doesn't work open the console (shit+O) and type in : call version_updates_0230()

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes