BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Did the developer enlarge some of the girls breasts again?
Man they are getting monstrous and unreal - Renees appear larger as well - WHY she was almost normal
How about allowing some normal girls among the unrealistic ones?
Oh the new version crashes randomly

• Angry
Reactions: Bantry

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
love how this thread is like two months of fun banter then a very intense week operating a customer service hotline
Yeah, the support office is the other new room next to the Lab. Bantry, MonX, Duckswim are pretty much chained in there when DarkHound posts a release. I try to give 'em a break, but they're usually too fast (at least that's what Delizia tells me ;))

puckhack

Nov 29, 2019
so ... what the heck can someone help me ? with the error I get get when trying to play the new version. I cannot only use my old saves but also I can not even start a new game from the beginning? It (the new version) stalls out when i get to the girls profile page. What the heck? can anyone help me figure this out. Please and Thanks you.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
so ... what the heck can someone help me ? with the error I get get when trying to play the new version. I cannot only use my old saves but also I can not even start a new game from the beginning? It (the new version) stalls out when i get to the girls profile page. What the heck? can anyone help me figure this out. Please and Thanks you.
Can you provide some additional information? Is there any error, or is there anything generated in the logfile (root of the game)?

android update?
Not until 2.3.1 is released (Android cannot be patched, so it waits for the final bugfixes).

Reactions: Bantry

puckhack

Nov 29, 2019
Can you provide some additional information? Is there any error, or is there anything generated in the logfile (root of the game)?

Not until 2.3.1 is released (Android cannot be patched, so it waits for the final bugfixes).
sure here is the error I get.
While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp'> (1, 0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
Exception: Could not load image u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 331, in script call
��fΣ(�[�o ě����6��i�~�l:��~[���1��ߑL器#~�k���3ۏ����ki���]���3��0]�6��l:���P��]#r�L���胟��� y&k�����YCL(�o6��B�P|�'��j�j�O~-:�o���[ ����s�uD��An�?��^I�}U��cum
File "game/script.rpyc", line 139, in script call
|W�q@�7�WN�MDf���o����?[�JE�IVG�VF����N�G{�
File "game/version_check.rpyc", line 17, in script
h[�IP�F;4��{�@
��fΣ(�[�o ě����6��i�~�l:��~[���1��ߑL器#~�k���3ۏ����ki���]���3��0]�6��l:���P��]#r�L���胟��� y&k�����YCL(�o6��B�P|�'��j�j�O~-:�o���[ ����s�uD��An�?��^I�}U��cum
h[�IP�F;4��{�@
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
surf = cache.get(self.image)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp': error('Failed to allocate SDL_Surface',)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Tue Oct 06 21:10:08 2020

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Have you tried downloading and installing the 'Quickfix' from the developer's Patreon page?

If that doesn't solve anything you may be in this situation.
From the developer -
Crashes when loading save files don't have anything to do with the resolution problem.
If you have the resolution problem (which is fixed by using the file) on your pc, nothing will work. The game just freezes, even when you start a new game. It's some problem with your gpu or the driver that doesn't support the screen resizing.
So if you can start new games just fine, you do not need the resolution fix.
About crashes when loading save files. Unfortunately, there are always constellations where old save games cannot be loaded in a newer game version. It's a renpy thing and related to how the call stack is handled.
If it is one of those cases or something that can be fixed (either by me changing code, or by yourself with just clicking ignore several times) - I can only answer that if I see the full crash report. Please put it into spoilers if you post it.
When I see it, it's still possible that I ask for your save file to fix it. But most times when I see the crash report, I can tell you if the save game can be "saved" as in made reusable or not.
And there is always another option concerning the save games. Load it again in your old version. Go to the beach or pool or gym, don't engage in any action or activity and save again. Then load this save in the new version. There is a 99.9% probability you won't get any problems loading the save. When inside actions or longer scenes, the risk is higher that the save won't work.
Yes, you can keep several versions of the game at the same time. The main save location is in your windows user profile, so you can use the same saves for all versions. Only if a save game (filename) is not in your windows user profile, the game will take it from the save folder inside the game folder.

Sorry, only answers I could find.

Reactions: ZenGarden

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for trying to help I'm looking forward to see what you think my problem may be
I thought this one was older, in that it seems to be having issues setting your pictures in the frames on the wall in the new room...

My first thought is the save-updater - open the console (shift + O) [That's the letter].
Now type the following (no quotes): "call version_updates_0230()" [Those are zeroes in the number].

I had no problems with the update, and you clearly played a previous version, so we'll skip the video driver possibility (for now).

DarkHound will probably have to answer this one; it could also be the pic you are using isn't available anymore. If you still have your previous game version, could you post what pix are on your wall? DarkHound may recognize a problem there.

Reactions: junior366

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
sure here is the error I get.
While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Image' u'locations/loc_player_room2_main2.webp'> (1, 0, 0, 0, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
h[�IP�F;4��{�@
h[�IP�F;4��{�@
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
**display_args)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
surf = cache.get(self.image)
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\johns\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Tue Oct 06 21:10:08 2020
This looks like there is something broken with your game download, because the mentioned file "loc_player_room2_main2.webp" definitely is not missing (or broken) on my game archive.
Did you donwload the compressed version? I did not create or test it. Try downloading the game again, directly from one of the links on my patreon page.

If a picture on the wall is no longer available, you will get error: rectangle outside of surface area....
The "rectangle outside surface error" you can "fix" when you click ignore about 10 times. The save updater should still run in the bakcground, but you don't see the message. After clicking ignore about 10 times and the game "comes back" (you see the game screen), all should be fine.

In your error, there is a problem with the main picture used as a background in the new player room. Nothing I can do about it.

If you cannot even start new games and the game freezes directly, you have to used the resolution fix that has been mentioned about a hundred times in this thread already. This could have all kinds of other side effects too, so maybe you do not have to download the game again.
First thing you should do is apply this fix to diasble the resolution change option.

To do that, put a file named:
"use_fixed_resolution_720.txt" in your
<Holiday Island>/game/
folder. Just to be 100% clear, it's the folder where the .rpyc files are located,

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I cant use unren.bat on the game, Its normal? this is the first renpy game that doesn't let me.
Why do you need to use unren.bat ?
If it's to see the images folder use only the Extract RPA package option.
If you use any of the other options or ALL option you will crash the game folders and need to reinstall.

Rollback, Console, etc... is already unlocked in the game for you, should you need it.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
There appears to be a stat tracking anomaly with Amy's recurring dinner appointment. MC had sex with her at the end but it didn't count toward her penetration stat tracking. The snip below is from a later day in the week after the dinner but still within the same week.

View attachment 848922

edit: it appears that it also isn't counting the sex from the appointment if it is a reward for her winning the butt or wet tshirt contest either.
It's the same appointment and the interaction for "sex" was missing. I have added it now. Will be part of the next update.

Reactions: Frank01

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Holiday Island Fan Signatures.
(updated 8th Oct. 2020)

Hello.

As Mercedes is now on patrol as Lifeguard for the Swimming Pool
Here is a new Fan Signature for the Staff of the Beach & Pool.

JOY wanted to show off her new Bikini (from her text messages you get in the game)
so decided to join in as well, seen as she is the boss... you can not say no.

HI_Staff_Beach.png

This can be found, and how to use it, as always in the Fan Signature post...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3042125

It is under the FULL SIZE BANNERS spoiler.

Please also consider becoming a Supporter of the game on
Help support and develop the Fantasy Island full of Girls with Big Boobs.
:)

Yume-Noun

Oct 2, 2017
Why do you need to use unren.bat ?
If it's to see the images folder use only the Extract RPA package option.
If you use any of the other options or ALL option you will crash the game folders and need to reinstall.

Rollback, Console, etc... is already unlocked in the game for you, should you need it.
Thats the one that I used and makes an error " C:\...\the _rpatool.tmp cant be found"

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Thats the one that I used and makes an error " C:\...\the _rpatool.tmp cant be found"
I would say that's an issue with your UnRen itself.
You would need to get in touch with a maker of the UnRen to help with this.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes