VN Ren'Py Abandoned Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Am I the only one that have a problem with the font? It looks stretched and I find it uncomfortable to read. :(
And as soon as you get to the house this game fall in the same pit as so many other games. Just pointless grinding and not much to do. As far as I played it could be just a semi-linear VN without navigation and that stuff. There is always just one right way to do something ... so no need for free movement.

But the quality of the game is really good. The UI is quite good for a VN (i.e. quest log) and the renders are nice too. But I lost interest to fast because I dont like that "skip time and check on location to see if there is stuff to do" - "gameplay". Especially here with only 2 girls that say upfront they dont want you to touch them, its quite hard to be interested.

to that "*attempting damage control after leak*" thing ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kappamappa

Apr 13, 2017
the blue book isnt coming up when im in the bedroom, is there certain conditions i need to do to get it as an option?

Reactions: 2real

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
the blue book isnt coming up when im in the bedroom, is there certain conditions i need to do to get it as an option?
Are you actually running the latest version PLUS THE UPDATE 1 patch from the developer? If not, you won't be able to see the blue book.

If you climb the ladder into the loft, do you see a bunch of circles around the drawer on the desk and various books on the shelves that you can check to try to find the blue book?

If not, you're probably not running the updated version and won't be able to find the blue book anywhere.

Reactions: Otyi

light03

Feb 26, 2018
You need to go to the boutique and buy a swimsuit in the package next to the counter. Choose a swimsuit and just go to the location of the photo shoot.

Reactions: phreadom

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Once you select a swimswit, you need to click on the text bellow "Pick this outfit", I didn't realize it was a clickable prompt.
Unlike many other things posted here I didn't expect this problem to be honest. Initially the outfits where picked by just clicking on them directly. Problem was that while testing people would click 'casually' and pick the daily outfit or instantly buy a locked outfit although they did not want it. It wasn't clear what clicking the outfits would do/mean. That's the reason for having a separate pick- / buy-button.
I'm not sure how to improve this they best way. An animated button (fade-in/-out) until something was picked maybe?

Or maybe I already solved this problem "accidentally" by replacing all ingame-tooltips. On this screen the 'Pick'-button is now always visible instead of displaying tooltip-texts while hovering over the outfits. The tooltip is always above the mouse cursor now.

(top-right Emily and Tracy outfit aren't in the game yet in V9U1, don't look for them)

light03

Feb 26, 2018
The current system works quite well. I also can not imagine how this could be difficult. Perhaps it makes sense to use the button "start a photo session" directly from the boutique, without having to go to the location manually. I think that a separate location for a photo shoot does not make much sense because without a choice of swimsuit to go on it is useless. I hope you understand what I wanted to say.
P.S. I want to say thank you for the excellent work. Your game is much better than most games here and certainly deserves much better support than it has now.

Reactions: john_snow8

john_snow8

Dec 30, 2017
An animated button (fade-in/-out) until something was picked maybe?
That would work, I was thinking of chaging the font to something that's not calligraphy or maybe using a red background to make sure it looks like a buttom or something that feels it needs to be clicked.

Bonhomie

Aug 20, 2018
The photo outfits work for me - the lingerie one with Scarlett is particularly good - I love stockings!
Which makes me mention that Emily mentions "taking off stockings" on the 'I just want to watch you' option of the Monday meet up, when she isn't wearing them - those things are bloody horrible 'tights' Ha Ha

I do think this has improved tremendously from the first release, and has great potential, though I am more interested in the 'harem' stuff than the androids/sci-fi element. Bit grindy at the moment, but as more ladies become active, then each day will be easier to fill.
I have done more stuff AFTER the Ivy scenes - Will saves made after that event work in future episodes?

Looking forward to it anyway.

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes