VN Ren'Py Abandoned Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
And a lot of people don't replay Summertime Saga every single release, me for example. Also, a smart dev knows that a lot of their patreons post here and find their games here, so listen to valid criticism here will only help your game.
Well, on the one hand I stopped playing Summertime Saga because "saves" were basically pointless.
On the other hand, Summertime Saga's business model is apparently very lucrative:

Reactions: SISIMEN and botc76

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
anyone know password for pc ?
I...really? Try raising you eyes one post up. :whistle:

What I want to know is if anyone else tried cracking the two unknown voices in the beginning?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

[EDIT] Just looking at it, I think I know what the last unknown voice is saying.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 30, 2018
ok im having an issue i got 2 outfits for pamela unlocked and had sex with her in the massage parlor but when i goto select an outfit for her is says everytime i click the select this outfit it says she hasint agreed to model for me

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Well, on the one hand I stopped playing Summertime Saga because "saves" were basically pointless.
On the other hand, Summertime Saga's business model is apparently very lucrative:

Eh, I still like the game, but I figure I will wait until it's about finished before I give it another go.

Reactions: SISIMEN

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I guess I'll unpack the game. Another problem is there is only one fuck scene unless I missed one.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
the dev made it fairly clear how he feels about people complaining about save incompatibility
Devon Andersson said:
savegame compatibility:
  • V0.10.0, V0.10.1: compatible
  • V9 or older must start a new game
Reminder: The game that is under active development, if you cannot deal with bugs and/or incompatible savegames - don't play the game!
i think this is a quite hard headed way to think about this

khaledd

Sep 8, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 896, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1929, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2687, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3490, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 923, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 858, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\asd\Desktop\HolidayIslands-0101-pc\HolidayIslands-0.10.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
that with the savegames is really a bad joke at almost every update you have to play it from the beginning that was also a reason why I no longer play the game maybe if it is finished at some point then you can play it through times before it makes little sense and since the dev apparently does not care how it shows a post

that is probably the best decision to wait until maybe it's done i think it's pretty disappointing that the devs are so indifferent but what the hell are they dumb enough to do that So please let the devs do their best to make their updates ever smaller and shorter or just as there is no interest in making save compatible so the laziness of the devs can be better hidden so that's it not too noticeable how little content the update actually has

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
I understand what you are saying. Although I would take this a step further and say there is no "on the other hand" - if I purchase something from a company that is a good/great product and I like what I have purchased and, that same company tells me that what i have is now obsolete and I have to purchase another product from them, I immediately start looking a their competition to see if they have the same (or similar), products AND they won't force me to purchase over, and over again to get what I wanted. I only subscribe to those creators that offer a game/visual novel that: 1. I enjoy 2. Don't require me to play from the beginning every time I get the latest version. If you can't plan far enough ahead to (by version #10) to have the saves from previous version applicable in the latest version, I will take my money and support another creator. Don't have the time, nor the energy to replay every - single - time - a new version is released. Seriously...

Reactions: botc76

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
That's right, you can't.
And now I am done supporting this creator and waiting until: 1. they stick with a system that doesn't emulate "planned obsolescence" and waste my time re-doing everything just to get back to where I was 2. The game is complete and I can play through ONCE, and replay those points where the saves actually work and give me any additional scenes I am looming for without playing the ENTIRE GAME OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, ad nauseum

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
the dev made it fairly clear how he feels about people complaining about save incompatibility

i think this is a quite hard headed way to think about this
Okay, so at what point does it become an issue? There are many, many other developers that allow for (plan for), save games that carry over into the next version. And before you tell me, "well, go play those other games." - I have and thoroughly enjoyed them. In part because I don't have to spend hours replaying the same scenes and grinding out to achieve stats just to get one or to scenes without any actual fap-worthy material. I will only support games/visual novels that make a conscious effort to make certain the save games viable for most releases. My money will be going to those creators that provide that as part of their process.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Any game that has Lisa in it is great by default, the other girls are not bad either(except for the little wannabe lifeguard, she's just absurd). But UI overhaul and save file incompatibility? That's something you simply do not do that late into the development of a game that hardly anyone will start playing after it's complete. Not to mention that the old interface was quite nice, even if it could use some touch-ups. All of that is kinda off-putting. Don't get me wrong, not enough to give up on the game(after all - Lisa!!), but still...
Thank you for pointing out the obvious. My biggest problem with this game is not the game itself (love the story, love the models and fapability) just can't understand how you get this far along and don't plan for save-games to work - seriously, I'm done until this is complete. (of course, given the track record of most developers, that is not likely - so maybe wait for the "Abandoned" tag before I play again - we'll see. For now, done supporting creators that are using a "planned obsolescence" model.

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
too bad this game is not very popular, my only complaint is the grind, I played last time some time ago and it was a long grind to get emily blowjob. After that there was an update that required to start all over and I hadn't the courage to start over yet.

But besides that, It's very good
Perhaps it would be more popular if the developer would stick with a direction, allow for save games to carry into the next version and have some significant sex scenes with one or two characters that are the reward for SO MUCH GRINDING - my 20 year marriage has less grinding and more sex than this...

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes