VN Ren'Py Abandoned Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

HuNT87

Dec 14, 2017
Im stucked, can someone please send me Save for that game? :)
Or help me with Quest: The Three Trials and Outfits for Meagan and Emily
Please

Reactions: perolicas

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
Ok, I don't get this game! I played for roughly 20 minutes had a quest that said "contact your parents" that was supposed to be completed in this version, I guy comes and gives me some money and the end. I thought it is just a small game but I read about all these quests and I'm feeling confused.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Dataminers: please be so fair and don't post story spoiler when you dig around in my files. The game uses overlays a lot and CG-art therefore cannot be ripped like in other games.​
.. Really? Dont think I've ever seen someone that extracted the game files from any of the games uploaded on this site spoil the story.. They are usually the heroes that tell the rest of us if the game has any content or not.

Or they extract the CG, downsize it and reupload it so people with shit internet can play it (Even if its in shit quality)

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

This place is supposed to be a more private area of the massage studio. It's definitely not final.
It is the first scene created with the new DAZ 4.11 Beta and the new Deep Learning Denoiser. A relatively new technique to reduce grain in raytraced images faster.

I'm not sure about the inflatable stuff. I feel like it looks crammed in there.
Should I move it to another scene? I want to fix at least two more things here: give the pictures a frame and change the marble wall behind the camera to have another reflection in the mirror. Or I could do it the cheap way and reduce the reflectivity. That would look similar to the golden bowl in the image.

Mirrors can be tricky when placing the characters in the scene later. On the other hand they allow to see the characters from a second angle ... that why I had large mirror in the changing room of the cloth store.

DrPoods

Jun 25, 2018
Browsed the thread and just want to ask...

How much content is in here at the moment? It seems to have progressed a lot since I last played it (v2 I think) and I'm wondering if it's worth the fresh DL? Certainly going to continue to keep an eye on it regardless.

secrecy

May 1, 2017
Well, this game was interesting at first version...and getting worse with each update.

Uninspired tasks, dull progress, unnecesary sandbox format, abuse of external cast and "special guests"... Is it really required an exotic island and that powerful intro with the boat and storm just for finishing going to shopping clothes, help at the kitchen or with dishes or some other things you could do in a random town just for grinding points and money? What is the point of small unimaginative and tedious tasks as mentioned just for 1 or 2$ when finally you just get 500$ out from nowhere?

Since game resumed from the island and girls home absolutely nothing has happened story related. Gameplay is getting worse too and dialogues are disappearing from the main focus.

Unfortunately, this is not the only example with this kind of games: majority of them are becoming unplayable and uninspired as updates are released until finally get abandoned. I suppose most of developers just have an -apparently- interesting idea at start but they don´t have a script from the start and have absolutely no idea how to follow the story and what´s the overall plan.

Reactions: Arcane666

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
So how do I buy slurm, I go to the wneding machine I just drink it.
First you have to talk and ask with Megan when she´s in the kitchen "What are you doing?". She will tell you that she is looking for slurm, but Emily probably wont buy new ones because she should stop drinking it. Now choose "I can get Slurm for you". Now you can buy 2 cans of slurm at the vending machine and put them in the cooling box at the watchtower on the beach.

Doing so although have no further consequences for now I guess, however I didn´t find out if it has any impact in the relationship either to Emily or Meagan so I believe it is not implented yet in the current version of the game.

@Devon Andersson: some personal thoughts on this: despite of some violations on the copyright of the name "Slurm" I like the idea. Since the name is clearly a reference to Futurama it would be cool if Meagan would quote Fry when she disvovers that we do her the favor of putting slurm into her colling box. "I see what you did there" would perfectly fit in there. We know she loves ships and sailing and maybe same goes to space ships? I mean you could work the reference to futurama more out, maybe she´s a big fan of the tv series and that why she always wants to taste Slurm. And when the player really gets 2 cans she´s suprised and says: "Do you know whats crazy? That you found this drink here on this island even though it mostly distributed in New New York - in thousand years! Do you think that this storm somehow send us in the future?" That would leaves to the theory that the island they are on is some kind of bermuda triangle where past, present and future come together.

Of course it´s your game and maybe you have a masterplan on how the story continues and what this island is but this is what thoughts came to my mind when replying to the comment and I just thought to tell you to get you a proposal on how this could continue. It would be awesome if you would reply and tell me what you think.

I enjoy your game very much and look forward to the next update.

Reactions: luisar018

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I have to ask for a favor ...or here is a chance to support me without Patreon.

Today I ran out of space on my Dropbox cloud-storage. It's mainly used to backup and restore (if I make mistakes) raw master graphics for the game. Unfortunately other cloud-storage providers lack some features I don't want miss anymore. So I will stick with Dropbox for now. I just consider paying 8.25 €/month way to expensive for my use.
dropbox full.png
The good news is I can refer friends and get up to 16 GB free. That should last for a while. If anyone wants to help me out send me message:
devonanderssonart[replace-me-with-at-because-evil-bots-collect-addresses]gmail.com
All you have to do is install the Dropbox-client once after I send you an invite. I get 500 MB and I believe the receiver gets 500 MB too. (Obviously this won't work if you use it already ... meh I don't think I have to explain how typical referral-systems work here)

So how do I buy slurm, I go to the wending machine I just drink it.
Currently there is a reset for many daily events at midnight (I will probably move this to 3:00 or 4:00 in the future). Effects from drugs will also disappear at that time. If you talked to Meagan 22:00 / 10pm and advanced the time to midnight the option to buy it is gone. It's good to know where players run into these problems, so I know what must be change/fixed. So thanks for asking/pointing this out. I'm already working on some things to make some game mechanics more clear.

why cant you chat up the girl in the clothes shop shes hot
I did not want to make her a romance-option because her model is very similar to Lisa and long hair characters are always a little more difficult to work with. Should I decide to do anything with her it will be in the far future. Currently I also have the problem that she is "baked" into the background graphics. I regret doing this was because it's not flexible when I want to change things.

Doing so although have no further consequences for now I guess, however I didn´t find out if it has any impact in the relationship either to Emily or Meagan so I believe it is not implented yet in the current version of the game.
Yes, it doesn't have any direct consequences, except for the the sympathy reward for winning, that can indirectly affect dialogues with Meagan. When she is stuck in her bra in the bedroom for example, that dialogue checks sympathy. She kicks out the player out or lets him watch.

copyright of the name "Slurm"
The trademarks for "Slurm"-drinks are dead. It should not be a problem to use the name. There is only another trademarked "slurm" for a computer software. It would really suck if I'd have to change that and the reference would no longer work.

In general all the events need more "love". I'm not happy with them at all atm.

I like your idea of the tv series and I wanted to make some graphics for Emily and Meagan watching TV anyway. The only problem is just that I cannot use tv graphcs from the original series. Maybe a custom Slurm advertisement could show up on the TV triggering Meagans addiction and thirst for more. I don't want to make a storm/future reference. People that don't know Futurama could think it has something to do with the story. (main story is basically *locked in* since Nov 2017 and now I'm preparing / creating the world for it)
Good suggestions!

masterplan
Have you been sniffing around on my PC? The root project folder is named "masterplan". o_O

Reactions: TRANT
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes