VN Ren'Py Abandoned Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
Quest Baywatch not working for me but its written that could be done is this version.
Josie watching water only at 10:00 while Meagan comes to beach later, thats for all weekdays.
Yep, tested, confirmed, that's a bug. Damn it, big mistake to touch the timetables shortly before building this version.
*I'm working on it.*

Edit: Unfortunately it's not fixable without touching the ~300MB archive. I can make it load a corrected timetable for the main-menu, but loading a savegame will reset it back to the broken table. I guess it's time to add support for patches to make sure this does not happen again. So what I will do now is:
  • fix the two reported bugs in the latest scripts
  • add checks for patches at key-points in the scripts (start/after_load)
  • finish adding the basic graphics and scripts for the new club
  • test
  • put all scripts into a small archive to separate them from all other large resources (images/music/sound) to allow small patches
  • release as V8

VOYEUR

Jan 29, 2018
Very promising game. Hope to interact with the topless green eye-shadowed hottie from the beach in future updates.

Reactions: luisar018

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I can make it load a corrected timetable for the main-menu, but loading a savegame will reset it back to the broken table.
That isn't a problem. Just use the after_load label to check if the table is broke, and correct it if it's the case. Take a look if you need more information.

add checks for patches at key-points in the scripts (start/after_load)
You can already patch without any change to the code. Like the patch become useless with the next update, just use to insert your correction before start and after_load, or to replace it, according of the problem you need to patch.
So, if it's just an addition, patch.rpy :
Code:
init python:
    config.label_overrides["start"] = "patchedStart"
    config.label_overrides["outStart"] = "start"
    config.label_overrides["after_load"] = "patchedAfterLoad"
    config.label_overrides["outAfterLoad"] = "after_load"

label patchedStart:
    [...]
    jump outStart
label outStart:
    pass

label patchedAfterLoad:
    [...]
    jump outAfterLoad:
label outAfterLoad:
    pass
Ren'py will execute patchedStart, then start. Same for after_load.
Side note: the "out..." labels don't even need to exist, but it's better this way.

And if you need to change something defined in the label, patch.rpy :
Code:
init python:
    config.label_overrides["start"] = "patchedStart"
    config.label_overrides["after_load"] = "patchedAfterLoad"

label patchedStart:
    [copy what's in the actual start label, obviously with the correction]

label afterLoad:
    [copy what's in the actual after_load label, obviously with the correction]
Ren'py will execute patchedStart instead of start. Same for after_load.

Note that the same thing apply for any label. If there's a breaking typo in, let's say the label "heyItsFunHere", just make a patch that will replace it. Like, here again, the patch become useless with the next update, it will works fine :
Code:
init python:
    config.label_overrides["heyItsFunHere"] = "patchedHeyItsFunHere"

label patchedHeyItsFunHere:
    [copy what's in the actualheyItsFunHere label, with the correction]
And if it's a variable declaration missing at the start of a label (by example), use the insertion method.

Reactions: f95zoneuser463

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
You can already patch without any change to the code. Like the patch become useless with the next update, just use to insert your correction before start and after_load, or to replace it, according of the problem you need to patch.
I wish I knew about this last night. This was exactly the problem. I could not "hook" myself into the already existing after_load label.
Overall I don't really like the idea of patching jumps/calls. It's another potential point of failure. So what I will probably do if there is an evil bug again: just replace the entire scripts-archive. That is only 1-2 MB in V8.

How to get this image?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope to interact with the topless green eye-shadowed hottie from the beach in future updates.
Before I do anything with Scarlett I'd like to replace her hair. It has an ugly hairline and doesn't look very high quality in general. The hair is probably something I will decide with some example pictures and a poll. The red color will stay to match the name.

HuNT87

Dec 14, 2017
Anyone know how to do Quest The Three Trials or Outfits for Emily and Meagan please?? thanks

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I wish I knew about this last night. This was exactly the problem. I could not "hook" myself into the already existing after_load label.
When you want to patch, ask a modder :D That's what we're supposed to do after all. And for this Ren'py is amazing because it offer many possibilities.

Overall I don't really like the idea of patching jumps/calls. It's another potential point of failure. So what I will probably do if there is an evil bug again: just replace the entire scripts-archive. That is only 1-2 MB in V8.
Globally the risk is the same. You must chose the solution you feel the more at ease with, whatever this solution. It's the only way to limit the risk of error when you'll patch.

JarJarBinks

Sep 21, 2017
Is there anything more with Lisa yet, i can get HJ and BJ, thats it.

Otherwise the game is great, high quality renders, lovely characters, keep it up.

anschwww

May 10, 2017
@f95zoneuser463 after i ask Lisa for the opening hours:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'timestart_lisa'

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
+after the Lifeguard-"Test" the MC called himself as John.

Reactions: f95zoneuser463

turkas

Donor
Jun 9, 2017
Where can i find the password for the Tom Karmichael - Temporary cheat NPC ?...
You can find password here in forum, it was mentioned couple times earlier.

Anyone know how to do Quest The Three Trials or Outfits for Emily and Meagan please?? thanks
1st one you can do only 1/3 of quest yet (late evening find shady guy next to bouncer, buy from him blue pill 500$, and when you see Meagan training in room, drink pill in kintchen and go to her for armwrestling)
2nd quest probably not implemented yet, in 2 weeks game time I couldn't find anything about that.

Is there anything more with Lisa yet, i can get HJ and BJ, thats it.
Yeah thats all with nuru massage, you can do few swedish ones to get some more different conversations.

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes