3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Art looks good, a female protagonist even better. Sorry to tell creator I won't try this game now, but I will definitely return later in spring.

TAROT GAMES

Feb 19, 2018
So is working for free instead of patreon bucks.
Trust me, mate, our team and I have already invested so much time and money into this project that months of "patreon bucks" will not cover. If you want to support what we are doing we would be grateful to you if not ... well we are not forcing you into doing so. Just chill, enjoy the game as we are enjoying developing it, it's free to play for everyone. ;):)

Reactions: HogRocket

TAROT GAMES

Feb 19, 2018
Shame, Vanessa sounded more unique.
Yea, I know, it just didn't fit her character (yet) as Vanessa is a strong name filled with sexuality and for now, she is more Holly kind of girl) ... perhaps Vanessa will still be in the game, you will see what I mean ;)

Reactions: Artix0

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Aww man and the blowjob/facial scene's unfinished too, that's a shame. Will be watching for future updates though!! :sneaky:

Kotatsuneko

May 11, 2017

Bad news, good news, and something about the future …...
(summary at the bottom of the post)
To our Dear Patrons and Followers
First of all, thank you for your continuous support of our little team and the project we are trying to accomplish! We really appreciate it and that allows us to get additional assets for the game, hire voice actors and composers! Thank you! This being said we have something important to announce...
Unfortunately … some bad news
I was diagnosed with COVID as you may know since I mentioned it on the discord server and spent over 2 weeks fighting it in a hospital and additional 2 weeks staying on lockdown in a tiny room with a very bad internet connection and an old laptop.
All of that meant that I could not perform my 9-5 job which was not accepted well by my employer... who decided to turn down my salary payments leaving me with a real income deficit and lots of bills to pay … cutting it short I got screwed and didn’t move one inch further in the project development
I would like to ask you to forgive me for that, sometimes life just happens.
My teammates were trying to fill up for me and move the project further but with so many ideas, required characters, assets, locations, backgrounds, and very few financial opportunities it was almost impossible for them to do so.
Our one-girl art department (dearest Satanya) is just flooded with an amount of work we need to move the story further and therefore we struggle to complete the chapter. The fun excitement turned into a tedious routine and that is not what I envisioned when I started to work with these two wonderfully talented individuals.
Yesterday we had a talk …
We finally managed to communicate our thoughts and feelings about the project and what it turned out to be... With a heavy heart and full of regrets, we decided to pause the development for now…
All of us got into situations where the creativity needed to proceed with such a huge story-based game is simply blocked by overwhelming real-life problems and lack of resources. That means that Holly Curse will not be developed further (for now).
This being said we are not those people who easily give up and we came up with a plan of action. And here comes some good news!
Still Good news!
There will be a game to play soon! Fun one! With lots of NSFW girls and a male protagonist to “date” them all!
We have come up with a fresh concept that can make use of the existing programming and some of the assets and help us to deliver regular updates to our supporting community faster. It will be a monster dating sim game with management elements.
This project will not include lots of locations and mechanics (making it easier to produce) but will be more intense in the NSFW component and clever conditional writing of dialogues. We have already started to convert bits and pieces of Holly Curse into the new game title and will be sharing more info on that with you soon.
What happens with Patreon:
⚠ Tiers will be re-worked making it easier to support the project.
⚠ All our Patrons will get access to the new game as soon as it will be ready for beta testing.
⚠ All our current patrons will get a mention in the credits of the game.
⚠ Those who paid for an easter-egg within the game will get in the new one.
⚠ New polls are coming soon to pick the girls to date first.
⚠ The roadmap of the new project will also be uploaded here soon.
What will happen next …
To be completely transparent and open to our community we would like you to know that every last cent earned on this Patreon went into developing Holly Curse and will be used in the new game. If you do not wish to continue supporting us due to the change of the project ...we get it... and would be glad even if you just stay following our page updates.
As usual, we will do our best to deliver the highest quality content but make it easier to produce. As one of our patrons said - “it’s better to start with a small project rather than heading for a huge one without any experience in game development”. We didn’t listen to this wise man and had to learn from our own mistakes.
We really hope that you can understand our situation and give us the second chance to impress you with something artistically pleasing, NSFW-oriented, and fun to play.
Summary for those who want just the info without any explanations:
✅ Holly Curse development will be placed on pause until we gather enough resources to continue it.
✅ The new game will be released soon!
✅It will make use of “Holly Curse” development but will take place in a completely different setting and time period.
✅ It will be a monster-girls dating sim with some progressive management elements.
✅ New characters will be added regularly with frequent updates.
✅ Focused more on clever dialogues and NSFW art collection.
✅ The game title and more info will be released shortly.

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
I'm glad to hear you've been able to come up with a way to move forward despite the difficulties. Still, it really sucks that one of the few high-quality female protagonist games on here is being dropped in favour of Yet Another Male Protagonist Seduction Game. It'd be really cool if you stuck with a female protagonist for the new project.

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes