3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Just speaking about the assets earlier, would it be possible to see the finished art for the first scene (assuming Satanya finished working on that asset?) - or is that one of the ones you're saving for the male protag harem game? Or would this be part of the new thing you've discussed with Laff? I've attached Satanya's sketch to show you which one I mean.
That's not finished. This is something Laff actually put together using Satanya's various sketches (that's 2 or 3 sketches fused together). This is why it wasn't included in the previous build.
In fact, it wasn't even in the work for the current update, I believe. I'll ask Laff if we can get it finished.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Artix0

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
what I managed to convince Laff to do.
I went ahead and did my best to follow these wishes.
See, that's what I mean. This is neither a definitive "Yeah I gave your guys' feedback to him, with little luck tho" nor "I gave your feedback to him and I have some good news". This just reeks of "I gave him the feedback and we came to an agreement, but..."

And it's not like it's secret because we want to hide it. It's just not the right time to share it.
Same as the above, maybe it's just your way of communicating and that's fine, but I can't think of any possible reason that it "isn't the time" other than you guys are still uncertain of which path you'll take OR it's not quite what the people asked for, it kinda is, but not quite so you aren't sure yet how well people will recieve it.

Take the gender of the protagnist for example, some here were a bit disappointed that it's going to be a male protag game and you took that feedback to Laff. I don't see any reason for the ambiguous statements, since it's either a yes we decided to change or no Laff wants it that way. Now, the only time I'd understand the ambigiuity is if it's like "Yeah it'll stay male protag but you'll get the choice to transform somewhere in the main storyline" or something to that effect. Again just an example, since this is the only feedback that i've read because that was posted around the time I threw my 2 cent in. Don't know about which feedback you're actually talking about in your post.

Again tho, not trying to bash you here. You could have any reason in the world, or non at all, for saying/not saying things and it's something I'll have to accept. It's just that phrases like "I think you guys will like it" are things you say when you know it's not exactly what people asked for but you think you found a way to make it work.

Also, please continue to communicate whenever you feel like it, that's great! This is just me being a bit sceptical about ambiguous statements, nothing more nothing less. You do a great job.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Let me be unambiguous then.

You guys will like what we decided on doing.
I just cannot say what it is yet.
The reason for that is that we'd rather make progress first and then present said progress, instead of just announcing something without anything done yet. Words are empty promises, and we don't deal in that. That's why we'll wait a bit and come to you with something tangible instead.

It's as simple as that.

We made Holly Curse and it seemed like people liked it. If it is indeed the case that people liked Holly Curse, then those same people will love how we've decided to do moving forward. I am not guessing that, I know so.

I hope this is unambiguous enough for you.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Here's some news about the situation of the game.

For whoever wants a tldr, here it is:
We're going to keep working on Holly Curse. The path that lead to this decision was rather hard as it meant we had to take a long hard look at our team and to figure out a way to make our game developement process better, as well as to solve some internal issues within the team. We also made plans for two different games in the process, plans we might act upon in the future if there is interest for these concepts.

Took a while but things are finally back where they should be.
Now, this is just our official update for what's been going on behind the scenes.

The actual game update will take a little bit longer as it's not fully ready just yet.

I hope this will make most of you happy.

Aug 8, 2017
Sounds like you guys are getting back into the groove! If it's any consolation, you aren't alone having a miserable time over the past year+. If you haven't seen it, GDC's annual survey found that almost half of their respondents had suffered delays due to Covid. ( ) Best of luck!

Reactions: Artix0

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Sounds like you guys are getting back into the groove! If it's any consolation, you aren't alone having a miserable time over the past year+. If you haven't seen it, GDC's annual survey found that almost half of their respondents had suffered delays due to Covid. ( ) Best of luck!
Thank you very much. We'll do what we can to make the best out of this situation!

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Here's some news about the situation of the game.

For whoever wants a tldr, here it is:
We're going to keep working on Holly Curse. The path that lead to this decision was rather hard as it meant we had to take a long hard look at our team and to figure out a way to make our game developement process better, as well as to solve some internal issues within the team. We also made plans for two different games in the process, plans we might act upon in the future if there is interest for these concepts.

Took a while but things are finally back where they should be.
Now, this is just our official update for what's been going on behind the scenes.

The actual game update will take a little bit longer as it's not fully ready just yet.

I hope this will make most of you happy.
Awesome news guys! Looking forward to seeing more of Holly and this demoness :illuminati:

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Mega Link says "file no longer available" when I click on it. (other links good)
Go on patreon to get our links. The post was not made by us so I don't know what's going on with that.

Edit:
PC link:

Mac link:

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
This is a cool start to a game.

I didn't see any credits in the about section and didn't see a credits section, is this correct?

Ambir Coding and Project Lead
Satanya's is the Sketch Artist
Laff is the ink coloring artist
smallArtFish and her team are doing most of the backgrounds
Another artist for backgrounds as well
Two or more writers who are in Russia
A translator from a translation service for hire/as needed
Voice Actress from a voice acting service for hire/as needed

And these are only the people I saw mentioned in comments.

I just ask because I've never seen a team this big for a game made for a F95/Patreon and was really surprised. Is that correct?

Edit: Patreon says the team has 3 people. So... 3 people + contractors as needed? Probably a dumb question but I'm really curious.

Last edited:

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
This is a cool start to a game.

I didn't see any credits in the about section and didn't see a credits section, is this correct?

Ambir Coding and Project Lead
Satanya's is the Sketch Artist
Laff is the ink coloring artist
smallArtFish and her team are doing most of the backgrounds
Another artist for backgrounds as well
Two or more writers who are in Russia
A translator from a translation service for hire/as needed
Voice Actress from a voice acting service for hire/as needed

And these are only the people I saw mentioned in comments.

I just ask because I've never seen a team this big for a game made for a F95/Patreon and was really surprised. Is that correct?

Edit: Patreon says the team has 3 people. So... 3 people + contractors as needed? Probably a dumb question but I'm really curious.
You can find the credits here. 2021_05_19_09_10_25_The_Demon_Hunt.png

Laff is the project leader, writer and the one who makes the concept for the interface.
Satanya is our main artist, who did the visuals for the characters and the CGs.
I am the coder who put everything together.

Between us 3, we're the main team for the project.

Laff also buys assets and hires other artists, voice actors and animators as needed for the project.
Most, if not all of the backgrounds were bought from other sources and not made by our team. I am not fully certain of where they came from, but everything should be in the credit section.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
New by the way.

kcoope89

Sep 29, 2017
You can find the credits here. View attachment 1202235

Laff is the project leader, writer and the one who makes the concept for the interface.
Satanya is our main artist, who did the visuals for the characters and the CGs.
I am the coder who put everything together.

Between us 3, we're the main team for the project.

Laff also buys assets and hires other artists, voice actors and animators as needed for the project.
Most, if not all of the backgrounds were bought from other sources and not made by our team. I am not fully certain of where they came from, but everything should be in the credit section.
Art looks great keep up the work guys!

sinisterwaffle

Aug 4, 2017
So wait, this "Male protagonist" game is that poker looking game right? Cuz if you change Holly Curse or demon hunt or Helen Hunt... or whatever the F this game is called then I'm out lol.

Male protagonist harem games are basically background noise at this point, you can't throw a rock and not hit 372 1/2 of them...

Reactions: f9account
3.90 star(s) 7 Votes