3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I'm glad to hear you've been able to come up with a way to move forward despite the difficulties. Still, it really sucks that one of the few high-quality female protagonist games on here is being dropped in favour of Yet Another Male Protagonist Seduction Game. It'd be really cool if you stuck with a female protagonist for the new project.
As we said, it's not being dropped.
We're just switching to something much much simpler for the time being while we work through the difficulties. I'll talk with Laff about this that being said.

Reactions: Artix0

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
Shame that life happened, I hope your health has improved.

Sometimes it's a good idea to make some simpler games before moving on to the big thing you actually want to make, but I don't think I have any interest in a male protag game myself. Hopefully you come back to this one at some point, 'cause I've seen on hold games turn into abandoned projects before.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Shame that life happened, I hope your health has improved.

Sometimes it's a good idea to make some simpler games before moving on to the big thing you actually want to make, but I don't think I have any interest in a male protag game myself. Hopefully you come back to this one at some point, 'cause I've seen on hold games turn into abandoned projects before.
I'm with you here. I would love to continue this game. In fact, on the programming side of things, I have already made a decent amount of work on it. Without any assets and text tho, it is impossible to make further progress. And both Laff and Satanya are in a place where it makes it difficult to keep working on a larger project.

As for the male protagonist thing, well... I am going to speak with my team. Can't guarantee they will go for it, but I'll keep you updated.

Hard agree on that one.
I'll see what I can do for you guys :)

Last edited:

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Dropping the Holly stuff is disappointing, rip in peace. But I get wanting to rebrand into something more marketable with the coof and all.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Dropping the Holly stuff is disappointing, rip in peace. But I get wanting to rebrand into something more marketable with the coof and all.
I am not quite certain I understand what you're saying.
"Dropping the Holly stuff", what do you mean by that? And what do you mean about "rebrand"?

What we're doing with this project is putting it on hold because real life has made it unsubstainable to keep developing it for the time being for some reasons that were explicitely said, and others that we didn't communicate because it relates to our private lives.

This is not a marketing move, and it is not us dropping the project, it is plainly and simply us putting the project on hold with all intent of returning to it whenever it is possible for us. As we have said, we will be working on something else that is much smaller for the time being.

Let me know if you have other questions, I will gladly answer them to the full extent of my knowledge.

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
I am not quite certain I understand what you're saying.
"Dropping the Holly stuff", what do you mean by that? And what do you mean about "rebrand"?

What we're doing with this project is putting it on hold because real life has made it unsubstainable to keep developing it for the time being for some reasons that were explicitely said, and others that we didn't communicate because it relates to our private lives.

This is not a marketing move, and it is not us dropping the project, it is plainly and simply us putting the project on hold with all intent of returning to it whenever it is possible for us. As we have said, we will be working on something else that is much smaller for the time being.

Let me know if you have other questions, I will gladly answer them to the full extent of my knowledge.
I was talking about the post on the last page talking about the future of the project, unless I'm reading it wrong the Holly Curse/Demon Hunt game is on hold indefinitely and whatever assets currently exist are being reused for a new one that's more of a harem game?

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I was talking about the post on the last page talking about the future of the project, unless I'm reading it wrong the Holly Curse/Demon Hunt game is on hold indefinitely and whatever assets currently exist are being reused for a new one that's more of a harem game?
Well, I can only speak to what I know of.
The discussion was basically that Holly Curse as it is didn't progress fast enough with what time we could dedicated to it, so we put it on hold. If Laff decides to reuse the assets, so be it, but there were no talk at all of dropping the old project. It may take a while until we get back to it tho.

As for what this new game will be like, I am not at a liberty of sharing details, especially since things can change quite a bit as we're still in the infancy of the new project. Once there are info, Laff will share them with all of you. I believe it should be soon, although I'm not the one in charge of communicating such things.

Edit: That's not to say that lack of progress was the only reason we put the project on hold. In the end, the important part is that just because the assets are being reused, there is no plan of abandonning Holly Curse. If Laff decides to reuse these, it's probably to give us a jumpstart so we dont restart from scratch.

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
Would it be possible to see the finished art for the first scene since the game's now on hold (assuming Satanya finished working on that asset?) - or is that one of the ones you're saving for the male protag harem game?

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
The discussion was basically that Holly Curse as it is didn't progress fast enough with what time we could dedicated to it, so we put it on hold. If Laff decides to reuse the assets, so be it, but there were no talk at all of dropping the old project. It may take a while until we get back to it tho.

As for what this new game will be like, I am not at a liberty of sharing details, especially since things can change quite a bit as we're still in the infancy of the new project. Once there are info, Laff will share them with all of you. I believe it should be soon, although I'm not the one in charge of communicating such things.

Edit: That's not to say that lack of progress was the only reason we put the project on hold. In the end, the important part is that just because the assets are being reused, there is no plan of abandonning Holly Curse. If Laff decides to reuse these, it's probably to give us a jumpstart so we dont restart from scratch.
Thanks for being more clear, I guess there's nothing to do right now but wait for more details to be ironed out.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I appreciate the transparency and I do really feel bad for your situation. But If I am being honest I would rather have a females protag game rather than a male protag harem game.
I have taken all of these concerns to Laff.
He is the project manager and the one who decides what's going on. Of course, all of the team members have a say, however as both Laff and I have training in project management, we know that one person needs to make the final decisions, otherwise chaos can quickly descend upon a team that's divided.
Therefore, while I may have my own opinion on the subject, it is ultimately Laff's responsability to make the final decisions. He will be communicating with you all whenever information about our games are ready to be released.

Thanks for being more clear, I guess there's nothing to do right now but wait for more details to be ironed out.
You're welcome. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them. I will be happy to keep answering to the extent of my knowledge and in the limit of what I am free to share with you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer
Feb 19, 2021
took the money and run to make other game not suprise this is f9 after all can't wait tell you guys not finshes the other game in say you are going to be working on another game

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
took the money and run to make other game not suprise this is f9 after all can't wait tell you guys not finshes the other game in say you are going to be working on another game
Dude, are you drunk?
Seriously, what is that?

We've been transparent throughout the whole thing. Laff has gotten covid and has been hospitalized for a couple of weeks, resulting in his wages being cancelled by his boss and he has been living hell trying to actually just survive, and Satanya is uber busy with commissions because she's trying to feed her family.

Money we receive from the patreon is not even close to covering the costs we've incured building this game so far. Running when we've only lost money on this project so far would be the absolute most stupid thing ever. I can't fathom why you would think something like this.

Seriously, get out.

Edit:
Plus, if we were actually thinking on running, what we'd do is just keep stringing you guys along for as long as possible, building up patrons and then disappearing, only to change identities and just post under another name, not announcing our intentions and encouraging people to drop from our patreon. Come on.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
So. Quick update.

I've had a heart to heart talk with Laff where I shared your feedback. Not going to say what our conclusion was. That being said, I believe everyone here will be happy with what we've decided on doing.

I can't say when I'll be able to update you next with actual solid info. It might take a minute before we're able to push out an update because we want something solid done before doing so.

Feb 19, 2021
So. Quick update.

I've had a heart to heart talk with Laff where I shared your feedback. Not going to say what our conclusion was. That being said, I believe everyone here will be happy with what we've decided on doing.

I can't say when I'll be able to update you next with actual solid info. It might take a minute before we're able to push out an update because we want something solid done before doing so.
so what you're saying is the game is dead mods mark this as abounded

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
Not going to say what our conclusion was. That being said, I believe everyone here will be happy with what we've decided on doing.
There's possibly not a single time in gaming history where that statement turned out to be true.

A "can't/won't tell you" followed by a "you'll like it guys trust us" is a combination that is destined to crash and burn. Because there has to be a catch somewhere, otherwise there wouldn't be any need for the secrecy.

Not trying to be pessimistic here, I wish you guys all the best, but that statement is just destined to not age well. Or maybe you'll prove me wrong, that'd be the best case scenario.

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
There's possibly not a single time in gaming history where that statement turned out to be true.

A "can't/won't tell you" followed by a "you'll like it guys trust us" is a combination that is destined to crash and burn. Because there has to be a catch somewhere, otherwise there wouldn't be any need for the secrecy.

Not trying to be pessimistic here, I wish you guys all the best, but that statement is just destined to not age well. Or maybe you'll prove me wrong, that'd be the best case scenario.
I expressed my belief, based on the feedback I received, that people would be happy with what I managed to convince Laff to do. After all, it was something that people requested and seemed to desire quite a lot, and I went ahead and did my best to follow these wishes. Of course, a bunch of people probably will be unhappy. I mean, I'm sure that if I went ahead and told people that the game production resumes, there would still be unhappy people, so nothing is perfect.

As for this secrecy thing, well I'm just the coder guy. Making big announcements and hyping stuff is Laff's job. And it's not like it's secret because we want to hide it. It's just not the right time to share it.

In the end, you're free to be pessimistic if you wish. I just find it sad, given that my post was just meant as communication so that we're not silent for a couple of months without any news. If you prefer for me to just not communicate with you guys until we have actual stuff to release, then I'm sorry for you because it's not my style.

TLDR: You're right that not everyone will be happy. You're wrong about there being a catch.

Last edited:

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017

Just speaking about the assets earlier, would it be possible to see the finished art for the first scene (assuming Satanya finished working on that asset?) - or is that one of the ones you're saving for the male protag harem game? Or would this be part of the new thing you've discussed with Laff? I've attached Satanya's sketch to show you which one I mean.

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes