Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress week 8.jpg

Hey Homelanders.

I hope everyone had a great week. Personally, it would be an understatement to say that it was a little humid here, as we were sitting around 35 degrees with a 75%+ humidity rating most of the week. My computer had some difficulty dealing with it but I did my best to power through it and worked extra hard on the cooler days to try to compensate.

Not a ton of coding and scripting was finished this week. Apart from the heat, I've had some minor writer's block on a couple of scenes. Nothing serious though... As with most scenes, I know what story beats I want to hit, I just need to focus and actually write the dialogue.

I'm happy to say that apart from the animations (and likely a few replacement renders), the rendering for the first 13 scenes is practically completely finished. There's still a handful of story scenes left, and a few outro scenes (which shouldn't be quite as bulky), but seeing the finish line on the horizon is a very nice feeling. It's still hard to say exactly how long it will take since after all the rendering, I'll need to do some extensive testing, layer in audio, figure out how tf I want to release a beta build, and probably 5 other things I'm not thinking of right now. But again, The update is on the horizon!

Week 8 progress:

-541 renders
-27 replacements
-2 animation
-9440 lines coded

That's all for this week! Much love!
JB

P.S. I think after this post, I might just post the image and the link to the progress report. Unless people would prefer that I continue to post the whole report here as well.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
View attachment 1881935

Hey Homelanders.

I hope everyone had a great week. Personally, it would be an understatement to say that it was a little humid here, as we were sitting around 35 degrees with a 75%+ humidity rating most of the week. My computer had some difficulty dealing with it but I did my best to power through it and worked extra hard on the cooler days to try to compensate.

Not a ton of coding and scripting was finished this week. Apart from the heat, I've had some minor writer's block on a couple of scenes. Nothing serious though... As with most scenes, I know what story beats I want to hit, I just need to focus and actually write the dialogue.

I'm happy to say that apart from the animations (and likely a few replacement renders), the rendering for the first 13 scenes is practically completely finished. There's still a handful of story scenes left, and a few outro scenes (which shouldn't be quite as bulky), but seeing the finish line on the horizon is a very nice feeling. It's still hard to say exactly how long it will take since after all the rendering, I'll need to do some extensive testing, layer in audio, figure out how tf I want to release a beta build, and probably 5 other things I'm not thinking of right now. But again, The update is on the horizon!

Week 8 progress:

-541 renders
-27 replacements
-2 animation
-9440 lines coded

That's all for this week! Much love!
JB

P.S. I think after this post, I might just post the image and the link to the progress report. Unless people would prefer that I continue to post the whole report here as well.
I think it's easy enough to read the report on the Patreon page; at least for me, don't know about others.

Reactions: Jabbonk

Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
Jabbonk games
Might I suggest a quick grammar correction?
99% of the uses of "then" are supposed to be "than". (I've counted 8 so far and just started Chapter 1)
THEN is time.
THAN is any time you need to write "MORE" or "LESS" before it. It's a pronoun to define variable quantities, rather than a time in the past or a transition from now to the next moment...

Reactions: greenmojo

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Jabbonk games
Might I suggest a quick grammar correction?
99% of the uses of "then" are supposed to be "than". (I've counted 8 so far and just started Chapter 1)
THEN is time.
THAN is any time you need to write "MORE" or "LESS" before it. It's a pronoun to define variable quantities, rather than a time in the past or a transition from now to the next moment...
Hahaha :oops: yeeeaahhh... Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, I failed to do a full grammar check before release. I caught that error fairly early on, but it didn't seem worth putting out a patch just for some minor grammar corrections. It will be corrected in the next update.

Jun 6, 2021
I love it. I've written entire campaigns and settings in one go so I understand burning out on a specific task. I'd say pace yourself so you stay interested in your own project. If you have to do something else for any amount of time make it small self contained shorts that build on your previous work. Maybe the story of what happened before when the MC mentioned raiders or perhaps a wholesome story about daily life in one of the kingdoms. Keep things like that up your sleeve.

I really don't want to see this one rushed and/or abandoned. I love that the women who are affection starved think they shouldn't push too hard because it would drive away the MC. Seeing that inner conflict shows they actually care about his well being and want his genuine affection aren't simply lining up for sexual satisfaction. I love their personalities outside of interacting with the MC and to that end I hope you don't rush in a ton of LI's out of nowhere and reduce the story time of others. My favorites? Well I like warriors and muscles so it doesn't take a genius to know who my two favorites are.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress week 9.jpg

Chapter 3: Week 9 progress

Hey Homelanders.

Unfortunately, this past week was not great for game progress. I was working a lot at my other job, and I had to visit family on the weekend, and that was on top of feeling some burnout, so I decided to take it easy this week. My mind and body were telling me to hit the breaks for a minute and I'm glad I did.

Don't worry, I was still crafting scenes and prepping some animations when I could and I rendered one of the outro scenes! So some progress was still made! More importantly, I'm feeling much better about diving back into the game again!

Not really much else to report. So I hope everyone has a great week! Here are the numbers:

Week 9 progress:
-554 renders
-29 replacements
-2 animation
-9650 lines coded

That's all folks! Much love!
JB

ChaosGhost

Apr 22, 2019
meeting maryn the first time cause a flood of errors i choose adventure before
all women course...

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
meeting maryn the first time cause a flood of errors i choose adventure before
all women course...
I'm really sorry you hit an error wall. I'll look into it! Although it's the first time anyone has reported this error. I don't know for sure, but it's possible there might have been an error during download or installation. Also, what version are you playing? Mac/PC/Android? If it's the android version then there might not be much I can do to help as I had no hand in adapting it to Android.

Jimlong357

Jul 3, 2022
Looks promising, gonna have to try this one out. I like the fact the developer gives the option to either include futa/trans or not. It's good to see multiple options like that, so there's something for everyone.

Reactions: Jabbonk

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Tran / futa avoidable without losing content ?? If not, I am out

& NTR planned ?? (I hope not)
You do not lose content. If you opt out of that content those characters are normal women, if you opt in those same characters are replaced with futa versions of themselves. If I remember correctly it is an option that you choose before the game starts.

About NTR I believe it is NOT planed.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
You do not lose content. If you opt out of that content those characters are normal women, if you opt in those same characters are replaced with futa versions of themselves. If I remember correctly it is an option that you choose before the game starts.

About NTR I believe it is NOT planned.
^All of this is 100% correct!^
The only time you miss out on content is if you choose not to pursue a romantic option. Even then, you'll still get all of the relevant story, you'll only miss the romantic scenes with said character.

• Red Heart
Reactions: lxh123 and Kuranai
4.50 star(s) 76 Votes