thatdork

Dec 2, 2018
When I start the game, this loading screen shows up and game does not start. Any solution? My laptop has minimum requirement. 1604232907175.png

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
I have no idea how to go about doing that. I'm not even sure how it was changed in the first place.

I have upgraded after each R release (starting from I believe R3) and never had this problem till R5 FINAL. I have run the game from the InitSetting.exe and problem still here. It is why I decided to go with downloading the whole game again with R5 FINAL included in hopes a clean installation would fix my problem (it sadly did not).

Right now I'm just hoping DX (once I figure how to install it) will fix my problem. Thanks for help so far.

*EDIT*
I just removed the game and now STN DX version is just going to be the only version for me, seem to act like the base game with the added stuff I have not accessed yet, just have to unlock everything again. I hope I did not screw something up making this decision and hope I don't have this translation problem again, lol.
that is sure unpleasant and frustrating, all i can think of that plugin could not reach a certain file or address due to an error in installation which could lead for the files that call these things (such as .ini files as mentioned) to fail. but it can be something else completely, like system related problems and conflicts, language changes or else. some of the users had once a huge drop in fps because their system clock been changed to another region lol. but anyway, its a good thing that you have cut things short and performed an all in one download, i hope you made a back up of your characters, studio scenes, other data and save files before deleting if you had any, otherwise nvm all that. good luck, i hope the problem's gone when you're done.

When I start the game, this loading screen shows up and game does not start. Any solution? My laptop has minimum requirement. View attachment 881890
check out this post and solution, it maybe the same with your case: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...-discussion-thread.47630/page-78#post-4418201
do not delete the files, just cut to another location as a backup instead.

Reactions: Great_Old_One

lure_Kin

Jun 12, 2020
I have upgraded after each R release (starting from I believe R3) and never had this problem till R5 FINAL. I have run the game from the InitSetting.exe and problem still here. It is why I decided to go with downloading the whole game again with R5 FINAL included in hopes a clean installation would fix my problem (it sadly did not).
I was (still am?) having issues with the 5.0.1 final. However, I too.. can not the game from InitSetting.exe alone.

Note; I realize I am running on an old laptop, that are at max limits so there is no expectation / assumption / (or being upset) from anyone. I just documenting what I encountered. I have been running somewhat Stable on R4.

I followed the update route to R4 hotfix/update. Playtested and everything seemed within the same parameters.

Updating to R5... I renamed the directory from !HoneySelect2R4 to !HoneySelect2 , ran the R5 Updater. and it ran perfectly. Playtested and everything seemed to have the same parameters.

I ran the R5 hotfix. Again everything fine. Playtested everything seemed fine.
Later; Found 1 updated SideLoader Plugins for English translation that was updated very recently. Downloaded newest full translation definitions/plugin.

AND thendownloaded the KKManager.

Extracted KKManager to !HoneySelect2\! KKManager_v0.14.4

Ran the update and check for any dupes or problems with mods and plugins.

I modified:
in mods (disabled):
AI_Tera_Horns.zi_mod (didn't need it)
[zajebanan] Nails.zi_mod (didn't need it)
B17\[B17] AI_SuSkirt_01.zi_mod (because there is no GUID)
AND with the limits of current laptop (8 Gb Mem, shared VRam because Integrated GTX 525M) throws CAB mem space errors on [B17] HS2_StdBackHair_w_Highlights.zip and will crash if I load different cards one after another. (Sub-directories for cards are max 100 card per directory, structure is sane & sound, there is no pre-caching).

I DO have a duplicate entry in Plugins:
orange.spork.advikplugin HS2_AdvIKPlugin.dll (YES, I did download it myself and place it in the plugins directory) entry was probably added the first time I ran it. The second entry was probably added from the manifest when KKManager.exe updated. that I'm uncertain how it will behave. Issue is that BOTH entries point to the same file on the same path: !HoneySelect2\BepInEx\plugins\HS2_AdvIKPlugin.dll. It has not caused me errors or issues so I chose to leave it alone. (Unless someone recommends that I perhaps should modify it)
Unlike the CAB Mem space "Duplicate CAB Mem space error HS2_StdBackHair_w_Highlights.zip already found.. trying a to allocate a new space.." lockup occurring since the beginning? R3?

Running from inside KKManager -> InitSetting.exe ->. After setting the graphics options and checking if my paths are correct ran to Start. Standard warnings of "Not in Studio" and "Not in AI-Shoujo".. The console was throwing new errors however. New warnings regarding definitions/deprecation and "Future versions of Unity won't support that". (maybe I just didn't notice after the 5.0.1 update?) Start. Playtested everything seemed fine.

Currently, Running !HoneySelect2\InitSettings.exe alone? Setting screen seems find. BUT hitting [Start] will pause/hesitate/lock-up. No console, No main window and just closes quietly. Procexp64.exe did not show a UnityCrashHandler64.exe blip start.

I know, I know, I should not have extracted and used (installed) latest KKManager 0.14.4.0 during this time of transition. I'm just happy I have something somewhat stable.

Now would be a great time to back-up and save all working copies of YOUR AI-SHOUJO and HONEY SELECT 2 R5.0.1!! If you have no issues do not attempt to add-on or update plugins past Oct 25th!

Onward to DX!

Last edited:
Reactions: hun hunter

Avalerion

Apr 6, 2018
So I have no idea how to start pentration because I move the mouse wheel and nothing happens I've remapped my PS4 controller to make multiple things mouse wheel up and down and I still get nothing?? so either I'm being really dumb or I'm just missing something any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

s2insider

Oct 9, 2018
Thank you hun hunter for the tutorial. I managed to create the mesh for the bodysuit now. But there is one thing that I found on the DX version is that the VR version still not up to date by Illusion themselves though. No new maps is one thing but the 4 voices of the new personality that released with the DX haven't implemented yet. All 4 girls that using those new voices were just silent. Hope they will fix it soon though.

lure_Kin

Jun 12, 2020
So I have no idea how to start pentration because I move the mouse wheel and nothing happens I've remapped my PS4 controller to make multiple things mouse wheel up and down and I still get nothing?? so either I'm being really dumb or I'm just missing something any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
I assume you've already choosen the position at the top right corner?
Check your mapping software.
You'll want a call to

The input from the mouse scrolling control expressed as a delta in pixels since the last frame. Can come from a physical scroll wheel, or from touchpad gestures.

I mean there is more, if say you wanted to you the PS4 touchpad or something?

Greater minds would hopefully step forward.

Edit: This guy is using PS4 controller to play Torchlight 2 on PC. Seems like he bound zoom in and zoom out to right stick up and down. (scroll up & scroll down? I don't know.)
First minute covers the buttons.. Last Minute at 4:00 he covers the software and links in desciption.

Responses all over are warped... could be worse.. you could tell a joke like this.. and read the "I don't get it..." cringe dead air response following it.

Last edited:

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
so you have tested with an actual mouse and it didn't work? this was an old issue in the past with several illusion titles, it got fixed via a patch iirc. unless it is not related, i am sure other people has encountered this problem too, did you try asking on discord? try get it to work with mouse first then fix the controller re-mapping.

I was (still am?) having issues with the 5.0.1 final. However, I too.. can not the game from InitSetting.exe alone.

Note; I realize I am running on an old laptop, that are at max limits so there is no expectation / assumption / (or being upset) from anyone. I just documenting what I encountered. I have been running somewhat Stable on R4.

I followed the update route to R4 hotfix/update. Playtested and everything seemed within the same parameters.

Updating to R5... I renamed the directory from !HoneySelect2R4 to !HoneySelect2 , ran the R5 Updater. and it ran perfectly. Playtested and everything seemed to have the same parameters.

I ran the R5 hotfix. Again everything fine. Playtested everything seemed fine.
Later; Found 1 updated SideLoader Plugins for English translation that was updated very recently. Downloaded newest full translation definitions/plugin.

AND thendownloaded the KKManager.

Extracted KKManager to !HoneySelect2\! KKManager_v0.14.4

Ran the update and check for any dupes or problems with mods and plugins.

I modified:
in mods (disabled):
AI_Tera_Horns.zi_mod (didn't need it)
[zajebanan] Nails.zi_mod (didn't need it)
B17\[B17] AI_SuSkirt_01.zi_mod (because there is no GUID)
AND with the limits of current laptop (8 Gb Mem, shared VRam because Integrated GTX 525M) throws CAB mem space errors on [B17] HS2_StdBackHair_w_Highlights.zip and will crash if I load different cards one after another. (Sub-directories for cards are max 100 card per directory, structure is sane & sound, there is no pre-caching).

I DO have a duplicate entry in Plugins:
orange.spork.advikplugin HS2_AdvIKPlugin.dll (YES, I did download it myself and place it in the plugins directory) entry was probably added the first time I ran it. The second entry was probably added from the manifest when KKManager.exe updated. that I'm uncertain how it will behave. Issue is that BOTH entries point to the same file on the same path: !HoneySelect2\BepInEx\plugins\HS2_AdvIKPlugin.dll. It has not caused me errors or issues so I chose to leave it alone. (Unless someone recommends that I perhaps should modify it)
Unlike the CAB Mem space "Duplicate CAB Mem space error HS2_StdBackHair_w_Highlights.zip already found.. trying a to allocate a new space.." lockup occurring since the beginning? R3?

Running from inside KKManager -> InitSetting.exe ->. After setting the graphics options and checking if my paths are correct ran to Start. Standard warnings of "Not in Studio" and "Not in AI-Shoujo".. The console was throwing new errors however. New warnings regarding definitions/deprecation and "Future versions of Unity won't support that". (maybe I just didn't notice after the 5.0.1 update?) Start. Playtested everything seemed fine.

Currently, Running !HoneySelect2\InitSettings.exe alone? Setting screen seems find. BUT hitting [Start] will pause/hesitate/lock-up. No console, No main window and just closes quietly. Procexp64.exe did not show a UnityCrashHandler64.exe blip start.

I know, I know, I should not have extracted and used (installed) latest KKManager 0.14.4.0 during this time of transition. I'm just happy I have something somewhat stable.

Now would be a great time to back-up and save all working copies of YOUR AI-SHOUJO and HONEY SELECT 2 R5.0.1!! If you have no issues do not attempt to add-on or update plugins past Oct 25th!

Onward to DX!
i 100% agree with lure_kin on making a back up for a latest R5.0.1 working game folder, then approach DX safely on a fresh installation path. of course you can still use your old chara, studio scenes, sideloader mods and maps..etc, but do not copy the whole "userdata" folder to DX straight, you have to copy things that you created/placed only just to avoid other conflicts, least it could do is showing the old menu bg instead of DX on your InitSetting.exe menu :p. you also can use the plugins you personally installed as long as the developer did not flag any incompatibility with DX.

move your data one at a time and always take backups and keep testing for errors.

Thank you hun hunter for the tutorial. I managed to create the mesh for the bodysuit now. But there is one thing that I found on the DX version is that the VR version still not up to date by Illusion themselves though. No new maps is one thing but the 4 voices of the new personality that released with the DX haven't implemented yet. All 4 girls that using those new voices were just silent. Hope they will fix it soon though.
i am glad it helped. there are few other plugins contributed to VR on the discord and i am not sure if screwthisnoise has included any of it in his repack or not as i don't use it. i even seen people use it on studio, i personally think of it as.. pain ^^'

Hi. It is safe to delete HoneySelect2VR_Data?
for hdd space? though i dont recommend it but it should be, id take it out as a backup somewhere else first and at least test.

Korosu45

Jun 2, 2018
Characters updates
You might prefer the originals one.

Screenshots for comparison, always old one then new one.
PS: Characters made using DHH Preset 4, you should use it or something similar to appreciate the characters properly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Noxilum

Jun 21, 2020
Is there any threads to discuss and learn how to use the studio tool ? My gosh the possiblities are infinite but it's kind of hard to master it. First scene I've did in approx. 30 min :
Yeah, oversized genitals I know...
The positioning is quite clunky, I'd like to know how to link for example animations between characters.

Reactions: hun hunter

Moviefreak1337

Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

my game crashes if i Start a H scene or if i load a model in Studio.
Menu is working fine. If i click play i get a white loading screen for 7 sec. then the Music stops and after another 5 sec the Window closes.

I tried R3, R4, R5 and R5.0.1
I downloaded multiple Versions.
PC is max requirements.

s2insider

Oct 9, 2018
i am glad it helped. there are few other plugins contributed to VR on the discord and i am not sure if screwthisnoise has included any of it in his repack or not as i don't use it. i even seen people use it on studio, i personally think of it as.. pain ^^'
Yes indeed. I would do it on my own if I know what to do but I dont think that copy the asset files from the DX game folder to VR folder and add assets from DX to VR in globalmanager file would work.

PKeita

Oct 9, 2020
So I suppose the VR issue for R5 is still not fixed yet?
My desktop with max requirement has no problem running the game (clean R5), however when I tried to open the VR function, it pops out the "ILLUSION" logo with music but the background remains in white color (same situation as R4). If my memory serves me correctly, a previous thread saying you gotta turn off some mod functions to make the VR function works, but I hv no clue at all how to do it =(

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes