27X

Oct 30, 2019
because it wasn't cased by AA, in fact AA should be reducing any noise and jitter and not increase it.
Dithering and artifaction is directly caused by AA, or more precisely the forms of AA that various mod authors decided to use. Contrary to any wiki, AA does not magically make pixels into perfect spheres. It is visual dithering, and like ANY form of interpolation, it will produce smearing and artifacts no matter how fast the frametime and framerate are.

6+2 is not 8 bit color, and 8+2 is not 10 bit color, because dithering does not and cannot replace actual visual data, all it can do is trick your eye into a proximity of preceived upgrade to quality. Buying an 8+2 monitor is fine for gaming. Buying an 8+2 monitor for print and vfx and visual work is going to earn a one way trip to the Visual Lead's office for a come to jesus meeting.

These are facts, simple as, simple is.

There's a reason the latest SDK from nVidia doesn't include AA options for anything but UI at 8K 10 bit color, because you're expected not to need it, and your model is expected to have a poly count consistent with that presentation philosophy or have a tesselation scheme to cover it.

Point of fact is DLSS is the literal opposite of AA and directly supersedes the AA pipeline to work in games, and will be nVidia's official visual approximation quality tool going forward.

There is no catchall for higher resolution. Period. Whilst there are a ton of tricks, those tricks all come with caveats and exceptions and AA is no different. Interpolation is quite literally leaving AA behind, and when 8K becomes the norm, there will be almost zero reason to have AA on anything other than your UI if it has to scale or kern for some reason.

Last edited:

FarlunCeyric

Sep 4, 2019
Hey quick question: Are there any dedicated mod directories for HS?

I'm looking for more clothing mods (especialy bulges for futanari characters) and can't find anything;/

KikatoStar

Oct 31, 2019
Hi. In VR mode, using Windows Mixed Reality, do any of you know how to open the UI in the H-scenes? None of the controller buttons seem to open the menu to change outfits, positions, etc.

It worked a few months ago in one of the earlier patches.

Scrown6

Sep 4, 2018
it is hard to tell, does this happen to cards other than this one? can you attach the card you mentioned?

it could be something as simple as that a hair mod is missing, a message will pop up in the top left corner mentioning the missing mod's name. also i don't think that your item list is broken unless you actually edited list files in abdata folder and changed item list IDs? i am not even sure if it possible with the whole softmod method we currently have for illusion games.

i never done game data compression before i also don't think it is a good idea unless you make a back up (which will require you to have even more space ^^). the game data folders are too big to upload (1GB), best option to do is to refer to your DX game .7z, unzip it then copy those folders back to your current game file. if you don't have the required disk space to perform this, at least find a way/place to back up of your current "userdata", "mods" folders and any personally edited files then delete everything else and create a new game folder using the original 7z files, then copy back your back up to it.

i didn't see one but there is a mini boxing ring in a studio gym map called "[AiLegend] Gym".
View attachment 925657

if the environment is bothering you, you can patch the surrounding and the ring floor with simple objects like a "cube" then even change the objects texture using material editor or renderer plugins if you want to put audience images. here is a simple example of the method:

go to "ADD>item>models>general>cube (general)", transform, color and position on of them to the ring's side, then create multiple copies of it from the workspace and form a box around the ring. create one more for the rings floor and give it a white color or else.
View attachment 925660

the created box will block the lighting of your scene and it will be too dark inside the box, so select each cube item and deactivate cast and receive shadows properties using material editor so they will allow lighting to pass through. also lower glosseness to 0 so they wont reflect lights as well.
View attachment 925675 View attachment 925678

next, use item masking to create masks for the walls so they wont block your vision while moving around.
View attachment 925681

with more suitable lighting, light settings, fog and DHH than mine you should achieve something better than this.
View attachment 925738

i also uploaded the scene for you to use or to take a better view of the method for future reference
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

press (F12) while in the H-scene, the small menu to the left is the one you are looking for.
You are a legend!! I'm so happy. Thank you so much!

Reactions: hun hunter

Zeldae

Apr 2, 2020
Can I use my old HS 2 BR 5 FINAL's Sideloader Modpack or do I specifically need to download this new one for HS 2 BR 2 DX? I already have HS 2 BR 5 FINAL with its Sideloader, so I was thinking, maybe I could move that Sideloader to HS 2 BR 2 DX mods folder without having to download another 50GB.

Evil Dr Porkchop

Brought to you by expensive technology
Donor
May 16, 2019
why does this ramp up to 100% CPU usage when trying to change graphic's settings ingame ? Ryzen R5

I'm going to do a complete reinstall see what happens ( wish me luck ) still wish someone would do Sweet FX or ENB I hate screwing Around with Nvidia's settings

Problem seems to be with wet and gloss setting's

proxic

Aug 27, 2018
Can anyone pls help me and telling me how can i get a broken girl? I just get 50% and then not more...

Thx for the help!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Can anyone pls help me and telling me how can i get a broken girl? I just get 50% and then not more...

Thx for the help!
Best way to do it is to do things to the girl she wouldn't enjoy.

I found most characters don't like being on a sawhorse and whipped... that tends to break them quickly.

Hope that helps!

ledsamsung

Jun 4, 2018
Hey all,

Quick question. I can't seem to find the girls when assigning them to Groups. I can only see the default ones. I know they are uploaded properly because I can edit them in character edit, but can't assign them to a group. I'm sure I'm just an idiot and missing something, but any help is appreciated!

ledsamsung

Jun 4, 2018
Hey all,

Quick question. I can't seem to find the girls when assigning them to Groups. I can only see the default ones. I know they are uploaded properly because I can edit them in character edit, but can't assign them to a group. I'm sure I'm just an idiot and missing something, but any help is appreciated!
Answered my own question. It no longer likes folders. Just have to put them directly in the /females/ folder!

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
Buying an 8+2 monitor for print and vfx and visual work is going to earn a one way trip to the Visual Lead's office for a come to jesus meeting.
:LOL:

in term of technology generally, AA is a technique that once was also called dithering. but what actually AA does is allow sharp edges, lines, noise, pixels.. etc to look less sharp (smooth) by adding a range of the similar color around it via an algorithm. never minding what kind of AA is used, it is generated by a graphic's/game engine for the rendered output on screen, using a graphic's API, processed by the end user's GPU and machine. turning it off will only make edges more jagged and sharp. but even if we both agree to this, i think you are still missing the point.

the whole filters and graphical effects are confusing and sometimes hard to notice by eye. you may be overthinking the matter, i did as well, explained below.

example:
hun hunter: hi 27X, my computer is making a loud humming sound and noise, can you help me please?
27X: (knowing that the only thing available in a computer case that can cause such noise is a computer fan) remove case fans, buy new ones.
hun hunter: ok i did what you asked but nothing has changed.
27X: then it must be the CPU fan, throw that away and put a liquid cooling system, better. and just in case, unplug your GPU as well then test, it has fans too.
hun hunter: ok i did all what you asked, i even bought a brand new computer but the noise still remains the same.
27X: wtf, move..let me take a look.

you look at the computer screen only to find out that a file called "RealLoud_BrokenFan_noise.wav" is playing on my audio player and i don't know how turn it off.

AA can be available on multiple levels, what you probably referring to is the AA on the screen filter level (wha is rendered to us on screen), there is also AA on all different parts and levels, from 3d objects, textures to UI. but what people are actually asking about is "how to remove the dither on this shirt", or more literally "why does this shirt has holes in it". now that is a whole different subject, so responding to that question with turning AA off is not the correct answer. and if AA is effecting it in anyway, it should be turned ON because it will only make it look worst if turned OFF.

so why is it happening then? why are there shaders that has transparency and still look good and no dither, like those used on stockings? why aren't they using the same shader?
some shaders like AIT/clothes true has certain properties that make it suitable to render clothes and fabric better than others, could be light, shade and texture properties, i also noticed that it serves meshes that has geometry on both sides (inside and outside) better. while the AIT/clothes alpha true shader is good for things that has less complex mesh (one side) and may not need these properties the clothes true offers? there are allot of shaders and each is made to serve a purpose, in general each one is written to render objects in a certain way, each maybe even applying their own AA algorithms! now loading transparent textures will also be effected by those properties differently, the AIT/clothes true for an example will load 100% texture as fully transparent (invisible) and 0% (none transparent) perfectly, but for a 50% transparent (see through) texture it will trigger this filter known as "dither" (holes). while loading 0%, 50% and 100% alpha texture on a AIT/clothes alpha true shader will be shown correctly (no dither is triggered). so this dither effect is formed by a certain algorithm on the lower object shader level (not the screen level), it would happen even if you add/disable any AA no matter how good it is, it will still happen. a good fix for this could be done by switching from clothes to clothes alpha true but as mentioned earlier, this will not work or look good on some clothes with two sided meshes.

also at first i thought that the only thing that is triggering this dither property was the shader it self, but it appears that the "wet" chara state trigger it as well (along with weather effect), and in some cases (not all) even on shaders that has full transparency support like the clothes alpha true. it could be another shader that works on the whole body as a second pass or could be something else i am not sure. i tried it on the first few vanilla shirts and it is still happening while it does not trigger on the vanilla pantyhose. but this doesn't change the result anyway, its there and will always trigger whenever a transparency is forced by the wet state or else. unless maybe by a modder who knows how to modify these properties on a lower level then provide a clothing or a shader that can elemental this factor.

Where can I download the latest DHH Grahphic Enhancer?
what repack version do you use? it should be available and can be turned on by kkmanager or by running the "InitSetting.exe" in your game folder. it also can be installed separately, it used to be but the link is not working anymore, try googling it or the discord i am sure you will find it.

Can I use my old HS 2 BR 5 FINAL's Sideloader Modpack or do I specifically need to download this new one for HS 2 BR 2 DX? I already have HS 2 BR 5 FINAL with its Sideloader, so I was thinking, maybe I could move that Sideloader to HS 2 BR 2 DX mods folder without having to download another 50GB.
the sidloader mod pack is managed by the community elsewhere, updating it to the latest will be equivalent to the one that comes with newer repack versions. you don't have to download it again and you also can move all user data, mods and plugins you personally managed to the new game folder, here is a reference of the process:
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-libido-dx-r2-illusion.53457/post-4522173

why does this ramp up to 100% CPU usage when trying to change graphic's settings ingame ? Ryzen R5

I'm going to do a complete reinstall see what happens ( wish me luck ) still wish someone would do Sweet FX or ENB I hate screwing Around with Nvidia's settings

Problem seems to be with wet and gloss setting's
lib_burst_generated.dll in "HoneySelect2_Data/Plugins" and "StudioNEOV2_Data/Plugins" used to cause problems with older AMD processors, i am not sure if it help in your case but it is worth a try. cut it out those folders and back up somewhere and test.

Answered my own question. It no longer likes folders. Just have to put them directly in the /females/ folder!
strange, what repack version are you using? the browse plugin should be able to detect subfolders inside the female folder, at least it is working on studio.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
:LOL:

giant wall of text
I'm not overthinking anything. Your marketing level explanation is simply incorrect as fuck. *shrug* AA is not magic, and your continued insistence it makes graphic details and presentation look perfect is confirmation bias like woah level.

I also don't need to read any white papers because I work in the industry already. I know precisely what AA does in each iteration and which version applies "best" to which engine. Mid-level cards do no achieve halo product visual quality by just clicking the AA button, and the fact that AA isn't even natively supported by many engines anymore is all the white paper I need.

Higher resolution >>> AA and again at 8K with around .28 or better DPP, AA is literally redundant except for UI scaling, and at such time as fully 3d uis become a thing, there'll be no point to using it at all.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes